7 minutes ago, Knight26 said:

Also, what could HG really do if Bandai Visual, just said "to hell with it" and started releasing Macross sequels outside of Japan? It sounds like the language in the contract regarding the sequels is vague to say the least.

They've trademarked/copyrighted/whatever the word "Macross" as well as other oft-used terms, I think. If Bandai/BW/Nue did release the sequels in the west, they'd have to remove those references or pay HG... for rights... to their own creation... siiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh

Big West and Bandai just gotta keep doing what they're doing... putting English subs on Japanese domestic market DVDs and BDs and sell direct from Japan.  HG can't do crap about it.

For now, I guess the fan translators aren't getting a break.

honestly, guys.

need to stop giving _ANY_ attention to this and whatever crap they spew out.

they're pretty much just trolling everybody (again) just to get some unpaid publicity for them so they can hoodwink some "investors" into providing money for their "projects".

the only time to give this thing any attention is when their trademarks expired.

until then, ignore any and all their regular PR shenanigans...

44 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

so, is Harmony Gold going to release DYRL with subs?

Not that they will but if they did, you know they'd screw that up as well. Rick Hunter, Max Sterling and some dude named Ben might show up in the subs. :lol:

Dyrl and the SDF are done for. Tats holds the trademark in 3/2021 for the name Macross and the kite. We may see sequels stateside or maybe Sony does something to work it out so the live action movie moves forward. Not gonna lie this is a gut punch

Well, I guess it's business as usual for the Macross collecting world.  How it has been is however it will continue to be.  We use the internet to get our stuff and will continue to do so.  As well as the occasional trip to Japan for those of us not living there.

Hard to believe that some very important people in Japan were OK with this in the span of 30+ years:

RobotechTheSentinels.jpg

and this

RobotechTheMovie.jpg

and this

MV5BMmE3NmUwMDAtY2Q2OS00OWM0LWI2YWMtMDVi

and this

MV5BMTI0MDkzODY4Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTM2

and this

220px-RobotechLLA-DVD.jpg

and this

bf9c58613108d3237ed531c2fc569ebe_origina

and this

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQy8s2sXM3wRXJVKJIaEtI

so much that they would allow more of it to be done (or close to done as they can without any shame whatsoever).

Thank god for the internet.

Don't buy anything with the Robotech label, folks.

Well, maybe now we can find out what happened to Admiral Hunter and see a clone of Zor bang "Minmei" and become his own father.

Hope I didn't "spoil" the ending to Robotech for anyone.

Edited by Lolicon

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Thank god for the internet.

Don't buy anything with the Robotech label, folks.

Well, maybe now we can find out what happened to Admiral Hunter and see a clone of Zor bang "Minmei" and become his own father.

Hope I didn't "spoil" the ending to Robotech for anyone.

Word!

And this again and again HG& Tats..

2 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Reading through that thread made me search up this gem again:

shitphotoshop1.png.f05e7e68cd9419b7fb7113f38c79c37c.png

Not surprised. Just disappointed.

Edited by Bolt

And if they were OK with that, this too most recently (you will thank me for the spoiler).

Spoiler

RCO021_1556961620.jpg

To all "professionals" working on this franchise; kill off Minmay or she will kill off your career for making excuses for her in your serious war story.

Edited by Einherjar

2 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

Why?  Because money.  On the rare chance they make that live action movie Tatsunoko will get their cut.  Also maybe Tatsunoko doesn't care.  It costs money to keep a property in the public eye.  If HG wants to invest money in a dead horse that's okay with Tatsunoko.  Better HG dime than theirs.

Speaking of money, didn't this thread start when HG was suing Tatsunoko for money?

I mean, seriously. HG is pretty much the worst possible licensee.

Please keep things civil, no personal attacks are allowed on anyone here!

The thought of possible license change in 2 years was interesting...the thoughts of getting a Yamato or Bandai DX toy without the insanity markups we are all so used to would be great, but we honestly did know what, if anything, would have happened, it was all conjecture.

Things simply go along being the same for the foreseeable future.

( I think I wrote this exact thing 20 years ago here and on alt.fan.macross when Toycom announced their HG issues with the then-new YF-19 toy at SDCCU.

Somethings will never change, ha! :)  )

53 minutes ago, JB0 said:

Speaking of money, didn't this thread start when HG was suing Tatsunoko for money?

I mean, seriously. HG is pretty much the worst possible licensee.

So what? I mentioned before in this thread the biggest example is Apple using Samsung parts while they were suing each other. And Apple is still using Samsung parts.  Suing for unpaid fees could be a way of saying "I'm bumping up licensing fees". And HG still paid for the rights. And we're exactly where we've been for the past 34 years; importing our hobby.

32 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Please keep things civil, no personal attacks are allowed on anyone here!

Does calling out certain corporate sell outs as corporate sell outs with ultimate job security count?  It sounds more like a compliment at this point.

On 4/6/2018 at 8:57 AM, jenius said:

They'll net the legal fees from the renewal... They're basically acting like the renewal is a foregone conclusion. I feel like there is a lot of misplaced hope out there. I hope I'm wrong.

Nailed it.

5 hours ago, Einherjar said:

And if they were OK with that, this too most recently (you will thank me for the spoiler).

Reveal hidden contents

RCO021_1556961620.jpg

To all "professionals" working on this franchise; kill off Minmay or she will kill off your career for making excuses for her in your serious war story.

Seven hells, is that supposed to be Minmay???:bad:

7 hours ago, Keith said:

The Earth is angry at this development.

Angry is an understatement. Seething with volcanic fury is more like it.

i hate Tatsunoko as much as HG now. Why?!

i hope Big West can continue with it’s slow deliberate efforts to reclaim its name and copyrights in other markets.

I thought I was having a good day today and now I see this development. Aaargh.

I only wish that people just stop buying anything Robotech-related. Please, even if it looks good. You're putting money in the pockets of HG and Tatsunoko. :(

On 7/5/2019 at 10:57 PM, davidwhangchoi said:

Admiral Hunter will have a baby and make the Robotech Academy, then he will kickstart a fleet of artists that start a sound force. it will be the bomb.  

and the invid hive grew stronger on protoculture and started their own band, the invoids, to counter sound force.

:ph34r::ph34r:

Edited by seti88

51 minutes ago, seti88 said:

and the invid hive grew stronger on protoculture and started their own band, the invoids, to counter sound force.

:ph34r::ph34r:

I was going to say that after what they did to Minmay you would want them to try an entire idol group?  But then I remembered the VA for Lancer is pretty good.

2 hours ago, Dynaman said:

Did they still lose the rights to the fighting kite and the name Macross?  If yes then their stranglehold on Macross other then the original show is done.  If not then well...

Or was that only in the UK?

I thought in the arbitration, tatsunoko owns the trademarks now in USA. Big west owns in UK.

So maybe there’s a hope for the sequels but SDFM hope is lost. I think no one evens knows who owns DYRL rights anymore

HG and Tatsunoko can keep this steaming pile of garbage now, as I'm tired of the drama and trying to find Macross without the RB logo plastered across it thanks to Agramma.

Between this, the crap with Star Trek and Disney's corruption of Star Wars, I think it's time I simply give up on anime and sci-fi as a whole and take up crochet.

I'm done.

What do you guy think would have happened if Tatsunoko parted ways with HG?  More Macross for all?

Tatsunoko would have international rights to a property that couldn't make a sequel to without using the same character and mecha designs.   The Japanese market is out of their reach.  They could re-release some DVD and make more toys but all that stuff cost money.  There aren't enough international fans to support doing that.  Look at HG when was the last time they made something in house for Robotech?   HG earns money on Robotech by licensing it to 3rd parties who take on the costs for making product.  Did you think that Tatsunoko would become friends with Big west again?   How many decades have they been suing each other?  How many decades have Tatsunoko been in partnership with HG?

Yes HG doesn't deserve rights to these animated classics but who else is willingly to handle them internationally?  Tatsunoko can either work with the first guy that's willingly to pay them or sit on the property and make nothing off of it.