Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 9/29/2017 at 1:25 PM, danth said:

Is that GBP shoulder armor on the AJAC?

Robotech fans and their crazy mashups...

's probably a fan attempt to promote the Southern Cross Army mecha from their D-list apparatus status in Robotech.  The Auroran was supposed to be the new hotness in Southern Cross when it was introduced late in the conflict with the Zor to replace the Logan that "word of god" in a small number of official publications says was ineffectual bordering on useless.  Robotech canon makes the Southern Cross Army mecha out to be badly designed, inferior hardware across the board but doesn't really explain why outside of the Palladium RPG (which just blames RT's version of Claude Leon).

(A total suckerpunch to the Auroran, which was supposed to be the most advanced and capable mecha humanity had at the time in Southern Cross...)

 

20 hours ago, yui1107 said:

post-1627-0-38433000-1411306776_thumb.jpg

... eh?  But Marie is from Glorie, and the Logan and Auroran are both unique to Glorie's military.

(Jeanne, IIRC, is an immigrant from Liberte... and IIRC didn't Liberte's reinforcements accomplish the square root of bloody nothing?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

But Marie is from Glorie, and the Logan and Auroran are both unique to Glorie's military.

Except that is not Marie Angel, but Marie Crystal. It was part of the 3-part Liberte, Fidelite and Fraternite recruiting campaign to rebuild The Army of the Southern Cross after the 2nd Robotech War....

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

post-1627-0-88661400-1409179251_thumb.jpgpost-1627-0-38711400-1411352268_thumb.jpgThat's right your opinion.

Original fanart by Robotech Visions.post-1627-0-12012900-1413528605_thumb.jpgpost-1627-0-43999200-1413528592_thumb.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/09/2017 at 7:50 PM, captain america said:

The Auroran and Spartas are both great designs. I'm contemplated whether I should dip my toe back into the sculpting arena.

Could have sworn I posted this question already, but any chance of Bioroids in the future?

Out of the current choice the hovertank makes more sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Podtastic said:

Could have sworn I posted this question already, but any chance of Bioroids in the future?

I answered that on the previous page. I'd like to avoid throwing too many hypothetical choices into the mix, especially this early. Better to see if there's adequate demand the two main hero mecha (particularly the one that is the subject of the thread) first and foremost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Understandable, since that would lead to rabid fanboys like me knocking down your door and flooding your inbox with inane, unlikely-to-be-filled requests for custom one-off designs :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 18/09/2017 at 3:37 PM, jorawar_b said:

almost half way, spread the word my Macross brothers let see if we can get this project to become reality

In the interest of bringing us closer to getting Bioroids, add me to the list for a Spartas.

Edited by Podtastic
Typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, captain america said:

I answered that on the previous page. I'd like to avoid throwing too many hypothetical choices into the mix, especially this early. Better to see if there's adequate demand the two main hero mecha (particularly the one that is the subject of the thread) first and foremost.

+1

One kit at a time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2017 at 6:28 PM, 1st Border Red Devil said:

Except that is not Marie Angel, but Marie Crystal. It was part of the 3-part Liberte, Fidelite and Fraternite recruiting campaign to rebuild The Army of the Southern Cross after the 2nd Robotech War....

That's a bit morbid, isn't it?  In the Robotech version, the Southern Cross Army only had a couple of months to pick up the pieces after the bloodbath of their war with the Tirolians before the Invid got to Earth and absolutely massacred them with only a handful escaping into space.  (Kind of a head-scratcher too... who'd handle a recruitment campaign when their entire command structure ended up vaporized?)

 

On 9/30/2017 at 7:26 PM, yui1107 said:

post-1627-0-38711400-1411352268_thumb.jpg

... now THAT is just perverse.  She's the reason they lost the war in both the original SDC Southern Cross AND Robotech!

 

 

22 hours ago, captain america said:

I answered that on the previous page. I'd like to avoid throwing too many hypothetical choices into the mix, especially this early. Better to see if there's adequate demand the two main hero mecha (particularly the one that is the subject of the thread) first and foremost.

The word's been spread to a few Facebook groups, but so far no serious show of interest. :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bcaf5f9a0eda4215.jpg13874fa3128f72f5.jpgde8b5bcbe590dfdf.jpg303001fd8aa46b87.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yf-7.jpg.ffa704b69774d64c1859a222ebdeb211.jpg

Not to be dismissive, but... What is this!?!? :lol: This looks like a half-finished concept sketch! They actually bothered coloring this and publishing it? Didn't even clean it up or give it a quick second pass to refine the design? :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Not to be dismissive, but... What is this!?!? :lol: This looks like a half-finished concept sketch! They actually bothered coloring this and publishing it? Didn't even clean it up or give it a quick second pass to refine the design? :lol: 

In all likelihood, that IS the second or third pass... the quality there is actually better than other art I've seen for that thing1.  IMO, they did a pretty good job with the Auroran on that page.

After all, Robotech Visions is an unofficial and unauthorized Robotech publication of the "by fans, for fans" variety.  Particularly fans of the Masters Saga and New Generation.  They're doin' the best they can with the limited talent pool they've got.  Especially given that they're trying to rewrite things in a way that makes the Southern Cross Army a more competent, dignified, and professional force than it was in Robotech canon2 and presumably trying to let it go out with more dignity than it canonically did.

 

Spoiler

1. Some fans of Robotech's Masters Saga insist, despite the rewrite of Southern Cross having been done in such haste that there was no time for proofreading, that the dialog of the rewrite is a reliable or nigh-infallible source of information.  Thus, despite Harmony Gold's protestations that the dialog does in fact contain numerous errors and the fact that the Southern Cross OSM, the animation, Robotech's official canon, the Robotech RPG, and common sense all argue against it, they maintain that the Tactics Air Force's Sylphid fighter is a transformable fighter.

2. The Southern Cross Army in the original Southern Cross was a bit rough around the edges thanks to being a newly-established and untested force on a recently-settled planet.  In Robotech, the Southern Cross Army was the dead-end assignment where the military's top brass put the soldiers who didn't make the cut for the elite Expeditionary Forces... run by the senior officers who would have been least-missed on the front lines.  Basically all of the stigma of landing a National Guard posting during wartime, but involuntary and you also had to make do with inferior-grade equipment to add insult to injury... right before the offscreen genocide wiped them out.  That doesn't even begin to touch on the humiliation conga they were subjected to AFTER the continuity reboot.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

After all, Robotech Visions is an unofficial and unauthorized Robotech publication of the "by fans, for fans" variety.

Ohhhh, didn't realize that. With that in mind, I gotta give them props for doing the best with what they had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Ohhhh, didn't realize that. With that in mind, I gotta give them props for doing the best with what they had.

Yeah, they're passionate about what they do and they bring it across in their work. :)  

It'd be nice if we could reward that passion by getting some unofficial kits out there.  We're still about fifteen shy for the Spartas and the Auroran, so spread the word if you can. 

Has anyone hit up the Vintage Anime Fans group on FB for "volunteers" yet?

EDIT: Asked a couple other mecha board admins if it's OK to solicit backers for this project on their boards.  Waiting on responses. :) 

Edited by Seto Kaiba

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Yeah, they're passionate about what they do and they bring it across in their work. :)  

It'd be nice if we could reward that passion by getting some unofficial kits out there.  We're still about fifteen shy for the Spartas and the Auroran, so spread the word if you can. 

Has anyone hit up the Vintage Anime Fans group on FB for "volunteers" yet?

EDIT: Asked a couple other mecha board admins if it's OK to solicit backers for this project on their boards.  Waiting on responses. :) 

 

Any support you can give is welcome, this is a group effort hopefully we can get this project off the ground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jorawar_b said:

Any support you can give is welcome, this is a group effort hopefully we can get this project off the ground.

All right!  Got consent from one board's admin.  Apparently the lack of available Auroran and Spartas kits makes this an allowable exemption to their "no bootlegs" policy. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

All right!  Got consent from one board's admin.  Apparently the lack of available Auroran and Spartas kits makes this an allowable exemption to their "no bootlegs" policy. :) 

If the Capt is making it, the kits are going to be amazing.  If I had my wish, could you imagine a 1/18 scale Auroran and Spartas lol EPIC for sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I looked at the beginning of this thread and saw a year old change.org page instead of something soliciting money for an actual crowdsourcing project followed by others high jacking it with unrelated fan art bombs.  This needs to be closed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Einherjar said:

I looked at the beginning of this thread and saw a year old change.org page instead of something soliciting money for an actual crowdsourcing project followed by others high jacking it with unrelated fan art bombs.  This needs to be closed.

If there is something wrong then I am sure a admin will chime in and close the thread, if adding the change.org is not sitting well with you I can remove it from the original post. I am not sure why it should be closed? The fan art is in reference to the Auroran/AJAC's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Einherjar said:

I looked at the beginning of this thread and saw a year old change.org page instead of something soliciting money for an actual crowdsourcing project followed by others high jacking it with unrelated fan art bombs.  This needs to be closed.

I think editing the original post to remove the useless change.org petition and pruning the Robotech fan art would probably be sufficient.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, jorawar_b said:

If there is something wrong then I am sure a admin will chime in and close the thread, if adding the change.org is not sitting well with you I can remove it from the original post. I am not sure why it should be closed? The fan art is in reference to the Auroran/AJAC's.

To me it gave the impression that you were just another wishful thinker with no real plan to get anything done.  Southern Cross really doesn't need more people like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Einherjar said:

To me it gave the impression that you were just another wishful thinker with no real plan to get anything done.  Southern Cross really doesn't need more people like that.

Well it seem like your a passionate southern cross fan , if you like I can add your name to the group list for a potential kits being made, this way we are all not wishful thinkers and you can help with making it happen? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Einherjar said:

To me it gave the impression that you were just another wishful thinker with no real plan to get anything done.  Southern Cross really doesn't need more people like that.

's kind of an unreasonable standard, isn't it?  Barring the Robotech fan art you took exception to dumps of, until the prospect of a Moscato kit for Southern Cross emerged there really wasn't any realistic way to have a "real plan to get [something] done".  Even if the companies that remember Southern Cross exists hadn't long since given it up as a lost cause, there isn't enough of a following to get the attention of the companies that already have a stake in related properties (Robotech) like Toynami, Kids Logic, etc., let alone garner the interest of uninvolved third parties like Arcadia, Bandai, and Evolution Toy.1

This kit is the best shot we have at actually getting something out there for Southern Cross... so by all means, support it.  Please.  Don't be shy.  You wanna see something get done, this is your chance. :) 

 

Spoiler

1. I mean, hell, there's two Change.org petitions about wanting Southern Cross toys but they're both by the same person and both have gone over three years without obtaining even 100 signatures.  One is stuck at 88, if you count Yui's own signature, and the other never got past 5.

 

Edited by Seto Kaiba

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our consumer (hobby model builder ) motivation are important for the real merchandise  project about two hero veritech AGAC and hover tank except for light and low cost veritech fighter VF-8 Logan.

c7ddb217f9b61e8e.pngd716472c61c5a7e2.jpg

692db095fbee4414.png

da74089be92e1787.jpg

108f197cb7086351.jpg

e816a1cbcd80d461.jpg

Edited by yui1107
the monochrome image improvement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, jorawar_b said:

 

Any support you can give is welcome, this is a group effort hopefully we can get this project off the ground.

Is my name on that list? How far are we from reaching target on either mecha?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are 9 people away, hopefully we can get Einherjar on board to make it 8 left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Podtastic said:

Is my name on that list? How far are we from reaching target on either mecha?

Looks like it is now.

We need 30 committed buyers (at $300 a kit) for each design.  After jorawar_b added your name for the Auroran and Spartas, we currently stand at 16 committed buyers for the Auroran and 15 for the Spartas.

So we need another 14 buyers for the Auroran and another 15 for the Spartas.

We need to keep spreading the word and hope we can grab s'more support.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to admit, I have an unhealthy love for the Logan.  Yeah, it's the red-headed stepchild of the mecha family, but I still think it works well enough for what it was designed for in the Robotech universe; mainly policing rogue Zentradi.

 

Hovertanks and the AJACs is where it's at, though :)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Friendly Thursday night bump lol, come on guys just need a few more people.

3b1243304ca09536.jpg

59b5f132b03a5_vfh-12auroran10.jpg.d128894053010b261a709863b0e14c8e.jpg

585fbf303e50dae1.jpg

3806260eb1aedd9a.png

post-1627-0-34597200-1317310822.png

VFH-10-AGAC-Auroran-15.jpg

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×