10 hours ago, Sandman said:

If I commit to this, when would the money be required by?

That's a bit of a chicken-and-egg question. I would only commit to making the masters once I have enough orders, which could be next month, next year or maybe even never. In the event that the project goes forward, the full amount would be required up-front.

10 hours ago, Sandman said:

If I commit to this, when would the money be required by?

Sandman, would it be okay to add you name to a possible group buy? As Capt said, maybe in a few months, if I add you on, it would leave us with 7 people, a few members are interested in two kits. but I want to get to the 30.   

8 hours ago, jorawar_b said:

Sandman, would it be okay to add you name to a possible group buy? As Capt said, maybe in a few months, if I add you on, it would leave us with 7 people, a few members are interested in two kits. but I want to get to the 30.   

The only thing i would be worried about is if it came up at a time when i couldn't pay and i have a ton of stuff preordered between now and FEB.

3 hours ago, Sandman said:

The only thing i would be worried about is if it came up at a time when i couldn't pay and i have a ton of stuff preordered between now and FEB.

This is just an interested list, once we get 30, then Capt will guide us on whats next. 

We have 8 more people to go, so close I can see it.  

Edited by jorawar_b

As the artist of most of the artwork being used here to advert this effort I suppose I should be interested.

I am. 

I've never made it in on the ground floor of any of the Cap's efforts...

A couple of questions:

What is the number we need to hit?  30 & 30?

What are the kits going to cost?

Are they going to be transformable?  

Will there be a figure for the Spartas at least?

Thanks.

LeElf

10 hours ago, TheElf said:

As the artist of most of the artwork being used here to advert this effort I suppose I should be interested.

I am. 

I've never made it in on the ground floor of any of the Cap's efforts...

A couple of questions:

What is the number we need to hit?  30 & 30?

What are the kits going to cost?

Are they going to be transformable?  

Will there be a figure for the Spartas at least?

Thanks.

LeElf

That's more than a couple questions.

-What is the number we need to hit?  30 & 30? The title of the thread is AJAC, so that's what I'm focussed on getting 30 firm orders for at the moment. All else is secondary.

-What are the kits going to cost? Over $300 CAD, most likely $350 + shipping. Orders will need to be paid up-front and I will start only when all 30 have been paid, not before. Stragglers be warned!

-Are they going to be transformable? I have already addressed that in a previous post.

-Will there be a figure for the Spartas at least? See first reply. The AJAC/AURORAN will have a pilot figure included.

14 hours ago, jorawar_b said:

This is just an interested list, once we get 30, then Capt will guide us on whats next. 

We have 8 more people to go, so close I can see it.  

More than that... we need 30 people pledging for each of them.

Right now, we have 14 of 30 committed to a Spartas (with one "if" not counted) and 16 of 30 committed for an Auroran (with the same "if" not counted).

4 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

More than that... we need 30 people pledging for each of them.

Right now, we have 14 of 30 committed to a Spartas (with one "if" not counted) and 16 of 30 committed for an Auroran (with the same "if" not counted).

Your right, I figured that if we get 30 people, maybe a few of the spartas might jump over to the Auroran, or other way once one kit is made, I am assuming others will get the second kit. I am good either way as there is not much for Southerncross.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, captain america said:

I think it's fair to say that interest on the project has stalled. I'll try for a revival in late March when tax refund time rolls around.

Seems that way, yeah.  We'll keep trying to rustle up interest on other sites and Facebook groups (discreetly, naturally, to avoid attracting They Who Must Not Be Named).

So far, not much luck.  The fandom for Southern Cross seems to overlap almost entirely with The Show That Must Not Be Named, and a lot of the fans from that lot are burned out on crowdfunding after getting screwed six ways to Sunday by Palladium Books over a tabletop game Kickstarter.

Edited by Seto Kaiba
SPELLING!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just found out about this. I probably missed it because of the topic title. I would have been interested in a hovertank. Still going over the topic and reading the details.

On 8/14/2018 at 9:21 PM, JetJockey said:

I just found out about this. I probably missed it because of the topic title. I would have been interested in a hovertank. Still going over the topic and reading the details.

Get the word out maybe we can get the 30 needed 

found some pics on FB, not mine but there is a two seat version of the AJACs. Hey Capt, can a two seat variant be made? Like I said before I would love a non variable kit hope fully 1/60 or 1/48 o

FB_IMG_1534635122803.jpg

FB_IMG_1534635150509.jpg

FB_IMG_1534635217067.jpg

FB_IMG_1534635247410.jpg

FB_IMG_1534635254473.jpg

Edited by jorawar_b

1 minute ago, jorawar_b said:

found some pics on FB, not mine but there is a two seat version of the AJACs

Nah, that's Robotech fan art by yui1107... she's been posting stuff like this from her DeviantArt page all over Facebook every few days for the last couple months.  (Which is a distinct improvement from her other hobbies of providing 0% accurate translations and vandalizing Japanese Wikipedia articles about MacrossSouthern Cross, and MOSPEADA with material from Robotech and Robotech fanfics.)

It's always fun to see what errors and eccentricities will crop up when she posts this stuff... like the inexplicably inclusion of a Robotech soundtrack CD's cover art, the Tactics Armored Space Corps heraldry with incorrect colors and inaccurate scroll, the pilot being a non-canon Robotech character from the McKinney novels, the copilot being from Macross II: Lovers Again, or the aircraft belonging to "Faerie Squadron" (from Macross II again?) and having a Major for a pilot but having the markings for the defunct US Navy reserve VP-65 Tridents (who never flew helicopters).

23 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Assuming everyone who was in originally is still game... 19/30 for each.

once we get 30 kits and we can confirm people are on board, then I will Capt gives us more details I am sure more people would come