Arcadia Offices.

nautilus

A view inside the Arcadia offices on Forbes. Perhaps more Megazone the MACROSS, but still nice to hear what the designers have to say.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2017/09/08/arcadia-talks-about-how-it-makes-the-best-macross-and-megazone-23-toys-out-there/#47206ecfe974

I have the standard  sdf-1 on preorder, but I may have to cancel it...it's just sooo expensive. We are just ensuring these things never become more affordable by buying at these prices. Like the article pointed out many of these things are already created molds but the prices are still astronomical like they are trying to make the money back on the molds. Just sucks for me is all. :(

Chris

I wish I had something hopeful, or rational to add there, but I cannot disagree. if a normal 1/3000 TV version toy did show up at the same price as the Movie version, I'd think about it, but then consider what could be had for the money.

I definitely wanted and sdf-1 but there were to many other things competing for those dollars on my wishlist haha

There are so many great figures coming out that spending $600 on a single one didn't seem like a great value. It's all subjective though. I'm glad these toys are available for someone to enjoy.

16 minutes ago, Dobber said:

We are just ensuring these things never become more affordable by buying at these prices.

And yet, buying at these prices is the only way we ensure these things get produced.  Without sufficient sales, they're not going to take the financial risk of manufacturing more product of this quality, so the inevitable result is lower-quality product (if we're lucky), or none at all.

So if you want it, man up and buy it.  If you want to see similar products released, man up and buy it.  We, the small market they are catering to, have got to support the product.  That's the bottom line.

Great article and what new Macross toys could be possible, I am very happy by this... my wallet however is frightened, but the chance for a all new YF-21 & TV SDF-1 I say make it so Arcadia!! 

By the way that mention of Kawamori complimenting the VF-0D says a lot for the quality & design that Arcadia is capable of. 

22 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Great article and what new Macross toys could be possible, I am very happy by this... my wallet however is frightened, but the chance for a all new YF-21 & TV SDF-1 I say make it so Arcadia!! 

By the way that mention of Kawamori complimenting the VF-0D says a lot for the quality & design that Arcadia is capable of. 

The thing I found most interesting is that they don't do their own design, they have dedicated design houses such as T-Rex. Which means that they have some very good design houses they work with, and Arcadia works more on the planning, management, and manufacturing side.

Once we get permission from the copyright holder and they give us their own requirements, we then put in an order to a design studio such as T-Rex for example. Then T-Rex does all the planning as well as the engineering design.

That Hagin is so niche even within a niche that I doubt it will see well. I hope it doesn't kill the line.

It's funny the head of Arcadia said no to the LOGH ships. 

From the way they are talking it seems like the VF-11b is a long shot. Which makes the 11c an even longer shot. Makes me wonder if they even own the Yamato mold. I hope we can at the very least get a re-release of the Yamato mold if they don't do a new mold. I hate the cockpit heat shield of the Yamato mold but it's better than nothing.

5 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

The thing I found most interesting is that they don't do their own design, they have dedicated design houses such as T-Rex. Which means that they have some very good design houses they work with, and Arcadia works more on the planning, management, and manufacturing side.

Aye, and T-Rex have been responsible for some real gems the last few years. If they are brought in by Arcadia to handle a TV SDF-1, I'd have it despite any reservations on cost.

25 minutes ago, nautilus said:

Aye, and T-Rex have been responsible for some real gems the last few years. If they are brought in by Arcadia to handle a TV SDF-1, I'd have it despite any reservations on cost.

Plus they can use the design of the Yamato as a baseline for the articulation and transformations.

57 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

Man I always wanted a Garland and that Arcadia one for this December is so tempting, but I already have some stuff preorder from Amiami for this December and January 2018 !, not sure what to do :wacko:,  now where is that  destroying a wallet gif ? :D

http://i.imgur.com/aWnZf0a.gif

3J3uglH.gif

I can't wait for a TV SDF-1 from Arcadia, for that I will grab the premium one and say goodbye to my wallet.