13 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I like those panels. ;)

+1

5 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Awesome, can't wait to get mine!!!

Same, paid for my Hobby Search order a few hours ago, and just waiting on HLJ to bill for the one that I have there.

-b.

Sigh... I can’t seem to clip on the scrander. Been trying for the past 30 mins but can’t get the two yellow connecting pieces to join together while on Mazinger. They connect just fine when they’re off.

I’m too scared to put too much force for risk of either breaking something or scratching off the paint.

Hopefully others get theirs soon too and you can help me out on this. For now, I guess my Mazinger will be without his scrander.

The MB Mazinger looks pretty awesome love the knee bend. However I bought SRC Mazinger Z last year and I think I'm fine with owning only one Mazinger. 

That said I wished I would be unreasonably wealthy so I could send one to Bobby Skullface to review. ^_^

9 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

Sigh... I can’t seem to clip on the scrander. Been trying for the past 30 mins but can’t get the two yellow connecting pieces to join together while on Mazinger. They connect just fine when they’re off.

I’m too scared to put too much force for risk of either breaking something or scratching off the paint.

Hopefully others get theirs soon too and you can help me out on this. For now, I guess my Mazinger will be without his scrander.

here's a section of them combining , in case you missed anything.

Yeah, I watched both that video and wotafa’s review. Both of them seem to struggle a bit in getting them clipped together. I could probably do it if I forced it, but don’t want to risk damaging anything.

On the bright side, if I do end up scratching the belly plate or snapping the scrander belt, the set does come with an alternate set of belly plate and scrander belts meant for displaying it with the missile punch.

1 hour ago, ArchieNov said:

Yeah, I watched both that video and wotafa’s review. Both of them seem to struggle a bit in getting them clipped together. I could probably do it if I forced it, but don’t want to risk damaging anything.

On the bright side, if I do end up scratching the belly plate or snapping the scrander belt, the set does come with an alternate set of belly plate and scrander belts meant for displaying it with the missile punch.

Or you can get another one so you can display both. One naked and one with Scrander. ^_^

Got mine yesterday and opened it last night. Absolutely love it! The joints on my copy are super-tight, which is a plus for me. The only downside is the decrease in durability due to all the plastic moving panels. While it’s an engineering marvel in of itself, the moving panels won’t be as durable as your typical flat gokin surface area. Definitely a figure you don’t want to be ham-handed with. My two asks for Bandai in the future: articulated fingers and brighter paint on the eyes.

Posted this on robotjapan board

Edited by whitestar

There’s one big gripe I have with the Metal Build Mazinger. And it’s the display stand. It sucks, which is unusual because Metal Builds usually have awesome stands.

The problem with this one is the smaller secondary arm is way too short and does  to lock into place. Another problem is the clear attachment point does not securely tab into Mazinger’s crotch. These two are bad enough on their own, but put them together and it really limits the kinds of aerial poses you can have, and makes things really unstable that I’m not comfortable leaving it on its stand.

For real, you have never heard of Mazinger? :huh:

Not trying to ridicule you or anything, it's just amazing. I used to watch old 70's anime on the Armed Forces Network when we lived abroad as a kid they would always air stuff like Mazinger Z, UFO Robot Grendizer and Gaiking. What's funny though is I never collected the toys really until this Metal Build hit the scene, I just couldn't let it get past me :lol:

1 hour ago, Loop said:

For real, you have never heard of Mazinger? :huh:

Not trying to ridicule you or anything, it's just amazing. I used to watch old 70's anime on the Armed Forces Network when we lived abroad as a kid they would always air stuff like Mazinger Z, UFO Robot Grendizer and Gaiking. What's funny though is I never collected the toys really until this Metal Build hit the scene, I just couldn't let it get past me :lol:

I never lived abroad.  I grew up in New Mexico and we never had cable either.  Unless it was on the three broadcast networks you didn’t see it.  We didn’t have crap here unless you managed to bump into some back-channel somewhere.

Yeah I guess it was luck as the armed forces network was just one channel lol. All you would get no more. I think the Army played them because the licenses were probably super cheap for old 70's cartoon's in the 80's when we had stuff like transformers and He-man etc.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2018 at 7:44 PM, Mommar said:

I don’t know what Mazinger is, never seen it.  But you’ve sold me here.

It was adapted into Tranzor Z for the US.

Mazinger Z is somewhat important to anime history, though. It was the first piloted giant robot(following in the massive footsteps of the remote-controlled Tetsujin 28), and its runaway success inspired numerous sequels and copycats, birthing an entire genre of super robot stories virtually overnight.

The trappings of the super robot genre would eventually give way to tales with more realistic settings, like Gundam and some show called Muh-cross.

So in a sense, we're all here because Go Nagai drew a giant robot.

• 3 months later...

I'm surprised this wasn't posted until now.

Bandai will be offering 1/144 HG kits of both Mazinger and Great Mazinger from Mazinger Z infinity. Despite being a mere 5mm shorter than its Metal Build counterpart, the details look really good, if not slightly better, and significantly cheaper. Best of all, we will also have a Great Mazinger in scale! 

Personally, I would have LOVED a MG kit, but this is a great start! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Bandai's 1/60 Mazinger Z (Infinity Ver.)
March 2020 Release.
423mm Height.

マジンガーZが1/60ならではのディテール再現の極地に到達!
■メカデザイナー柳瀬敬之氏によって劇場版用に描かれたコンセプトデザインを元にディテール、パーツ分割を追求。全高約423mm。
■ジェットスクランダーは上下方向への可動に加え、設定である垂直方向の可動を再現。更にプラモデルオリジナルとして垂直方向以上の可動範囲を持たせることにより翼の収納が可能に。
■ホバーバイルダーは飛行時、バイルダーオン時の再現が可能。
■アイアンカッター、ドリルミサイル、ロケットパンチは各部のパーツ差し替え可能。
■カメラアイのディテールを詳細に再現。同梱のLEDユニットを組み込むことでマジンガ―Zの起動を演出できる。

Mazinger Z reaches the extreme of detail reproduction unique to 1/60!
■ We pursue detail and parts division based on the concept design drawn for the movie version by mechanical designer Takayuki Yanase. The total height is about 423mm.
■ In addition to the vertical movement, the jet scrender reproduces the vertical movement that is the setting. In addition, the wings can be stored by having a movable range more than the vertical direction as a plastic model original.
■ The hover veilder can be reproduced when flying and when the veiler is on.
■ Iron cutter, drill missile, rocket punch can be replaced parts of each part.
■ We reproduce detail of Cameras eye in detail. By incorporating the included LED unit, Mazinger-Z can be activated.

bm200321.jpeg.ab9a3760eab3eb5ae5758adfc07449fa.jpeg

bm200322.jpeg.fc05e723ea8c7ca33b2fadb226515687.jpeg

bm200331.thumb.jpg.a9b349ab17c7907b301f513ea6a9d8da.jpg

bm200324.jpeg.15047969296d04f13fe22c3579b51dd6.jpeg

bm200323.jpeg.19cb33663a1e8ca50cd7d1657c6f6748.jpeg

bm200332.jpg.6d09f200124e3efa963727e0e035d8b2.jpg

bm200320b.jpg.18a4cad725a3b78c4c7048658f09e233.jpg