Force Friday 2017

Rogueload

I'll probably stop by Walmarts on the way to work. Hoping to snag 6" Hera.

i was going to take the kids to Toys r Us that night, but it looks like we've already got plans. I'll take them on Saturday. 'Course, last Force Friday, my daughter ended up buying a Paw Patrol toy anyway...

I wanna see if there's any new Lego sets particularly with Luke in them.  I got the falcon, tie fighter and both xwings from the force awakens.  I want to add a couple new sets or a black edition Luke if they end up making one.

Edited by Rogueload

I'll be at a Toys R Us tonight with fellow 501st members showing our imperial pride and entertaining people as they come in. This'll be my first troop on this event so I've got no clue what to expect other than some adults with no lives versus the number of kids we usually excite.

I had a ton of fun tonight! Large line up of people.....they were gonna set some shirts and posters aside for the garrison but they ran out to quickly. But the staff was kind enough to let us pick some stuff out first before the line of people came and said there was way more than they anticipated receiving so they weren't worried to run out of anything in particular.

I was able to score me the new black series Poe helmet which was the only thing I really wanted. I say great night.

I bought some discounted SW sets on LEGO.com. I had to take my Mom-in-law to a doctor's appointment, and the office is right next to Walmart, so I went in to snag a TLJ set or two. They hadn't even put them out yet, so I got to check them out as the toy associate opened the various boxes. In the end, I walked out a proud owner of the First Order Heavy Walker- fun build, nice set. Unlike previous AT-AT sets, this set is predominantly dark grey, which makes it look even more ominous.

I looked at some of the Black series and regular SW figs. Man, they've come a long way with molding capabilities. The faces on these figs are pretty spot on now.

22 minutes ago, M'Kyuun said:

I looked at some of the Black series and regular SW figs. Man, they've come a long way with molding capabilities. The faces on these figs are pretty spot on now.

I've upgraded to Hot Toys for figures now. They are the adult action figure with the price to go along with it. I should have Jyn in the next month or so. Also, Jedi and Endor Luke plus Hoth and Endor Leia next year. I was disappointed that Hot Toys didn't have any major announcements for Force Friday. Same goes for Sideshow Collectibles who teased a new Leia statue but only showed her silhouette.

Edited by JetJockey

Some great QC there, Hasbro!  Poor Luke, maybe the Force wasn't with him after all.:lol:

All the figures I looked at had good apps, even the regular 4" figs.  For relatively inexpensive mass produced figures, I was pretty impressed by how well they captured the shapes of their faces as well as the paint apps. Some of the best retail figures I've seen. I was feeling tempted to get the 6" Black Series Darth Vader, but I stopped collecting SW years ago due to all the other stuff I collect. Now, if they ever produce more ESB 4" snowtroopers, I may pick up a couple for my AT-AT.:wub:

7 hours ago, M'Kyuun said:

Some great QC there, Hasbro!  Poor Luke, maybe the Force wasn't with him after all.:lol:

All the figures I looked at had good apps, even the regular 4" figs.  For relatively inexpensive mass produced figures, I was pretty impressed by how well they captured the shapes of their faces as well as the paint apps. Some of the best retail figures I've seen. I was feeling tempted to get the 6" Black Series Darth Vader, but I stopped collecting SW years ago due to all the other stuff I collect. Now, if they ever produce more ESB 4" snowtroopers, I may pick up a couple for my AT-AT.:wub:

I never saw a single figure from the wave that had the snow troopers. I had to buy a snowie off of Amazon. I don't think my area ever got anything from that wave. All we've had here where countless Sgt. Jyn Ersos and Cassian Andors with a few TFA rereleases like Rey, Finn, Kylo, and the ever available Constible Zuko. I hate how Hasboro plays the release numbers game that just benefits scalpers and just makes it harder for fans to get the figures they really want. They flood the market with the other figures and then stores don't order more because they sit on the shelves.

Chris

Edited by Dobber