Arcadia/Bandai VF-1J 35th Anniversary?

kajnrig

28 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

I like it better than the 30th scheme, but the 25th definitely looks the best, very Blue Angels. I'm disappointed that I didn't get in on that while it was still available.

I actually like the 30th for the VF-29, kind of a Roy Fokker color scheme (and a lot cheaper than the other VF-29s...)

This one, though.

to-hate-or-not-to-hate-that-is-the-nope-

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I actually like the 30th for the VF-29, kind of a Roy Fokker color scheme (and a lot cheaper than the other VF-29s...)

I'm sure kajnrig's referring to this:

10061198.jpg

and this:

10242242b.jpg

Edited by no3Ljm

3 minutes ago, seti88 said:

PF version: Comes with the anniversary word tampoed.

Non-PF version. DIY anniversary sticker. 

:D

I might actually prefer the non-premium version, then. The size of the text is much too big, methinks. Including it in various sizes on a sticker/decal sheet would be greatly appreciated.

23 minutes ago, Sildani said:

Meh. That won't look too great.  in Battroid

Fixed. :p 

Just looks gaudy, and the gold is never going to look that good tampo'd.

Also, I can't even consider the 25th anniversary version to be a paint scheme.  It's literally what I would get if I gave a 5 year old kid a blank black VF-1, and a gold paint marker.  I know, because I did that. :lol:

Seriously though.  Pick a Master File scheme.  Any Master File scheme.  Slap a "35th" logo on the tails, maybe some optional stickers for the wings and nose, and be done with it.  Or just ditch the idea entirely.  These things are eye-sores that never sell, and they eat up production line space for things people actually want to buy.

I still think the YF-25's scheme is the only really successful attempt at a custom scheme, and that one was 90% YF-16 prototype scheme.

1 hour ago, Sildani said:

Meh. That won't look too great in Battroid. 

None of the anniversary scheme VF-1s look good in Battroid, IMO. And this is the Hasegawa kit, so it's fortunately fighter mode only.

Can't say the same for the presumed Arcadia release, so you're probably right there.

I still say the only major problem is the large font on the back and wings. Scrunch all the text onto the wings (or omit them entirely), and color the backside black or blue, and it's an all-out winner in my book.

I think for now it's safe to assume that those are the 'official' 35th Anniversary design. Now we just need to wait if there's going to be a 1/60 scale for it. Even though there's a poster about a 1/60 scale. But Arcadia is so focus lately on the delayed Millia release so we're not sure if ever they're going to show a prototype of it.

If ever Arcadia doesn't want to release this, they should reissue those VT-1, VF-1D, VF-1A Angels, VF-1X with 35th Anniversary stickers on it along with some screw covers upgrades. I'm sure a lot of us will get excited more to order those than the 35th Anniversary scheme release.

Let's barrage Arcadia's doorstep with Itasha Missiles. Who's with me? :lol:

Out of curiosity. I know Tenjin paints so good and I do love his art. And I have all his Valkyrie mooks. But how good is he in designing? I know he designed the 30th Anniversary VF-1J. Did he also do the 20th and 25th design as well? Because in all honesty, for me, these Anniversary schemes doesn't have an impact. I really don't find them 'special'. For some weird reasons, I tend to like the Deculture/Itasha designs more. I mean, if only there were DX or Arcadia version of those, I will buy it and mount it on the wall. But not these. :unsure:

I don't think I've ever seen any paint scheme as gaudy as the 30th VF-1J, military, civilian, commercial, or otherwise.  I could be wrong, and there are some very colorful air racers, but that scheme is so chaotic that I almost think it would be dangerous to fly it.  It's like some kind of visual overload camo, designed to confuse you into having no idea which way the plane is pointing. :blink:

Frankly though, unless they are contractually obligated to make one of these, Arcadia would be shooting themselves in the foot to try and sell it.  The 30th VF-1J was an unsellable turd of a release, and while this one is marginally better for leaving off the stock car sticker treatment, it's still ridiculous to think the market will support it, when it's so obviously weighted toward favorite characters in the series. 

I just honestly don't know who they're trying to sell these to.  The fans of the series want their favorite characters, and aircraft enthusiasts want schemes that are callbacks to real-world aircraft.  The only market they're left with is some fraction of those groups who also happen to be die-hard collectors, and will buy any Macross release, no matter how ugly it is.

In Hasegawa's case, I don't really blame them, they're a huge company who's probably been cranking out those 1/72 VF-1J kits nonstop for over a decade now.  It's an easy matter to just print up some new decals, painting guides, and box art, and call it a day.  Arcadia doesn't have that kind of luxury, and trying to sell something like this is not going to do them any favors.

32 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Didn't Tenjin design the scheme for the VF-0D too?

Hey Mommar. Which scheme is that? Not familiar with other scheme for VF-0D.

Also, how about the design schemes from Master File books and even Macross The Ride schemes? Were those designed by Tenjin too?

2 minutes ago, Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0 said:

Hell I am surprised Bandai repainted the YF-29 with a Focker deco when they could've made a more fitting homage using the VF-25S.

That paint scheme was an outright disaster.  It had about as much in common with Roy's VF-1S as an orange has in common with a carrot. :p  The white skull and crossbones printed on white plastic was one of those things where you want to stick your head out of the car window while you drive through a palm tree plantation.

23 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey Mommar. Which scheme is that? Not familiar with other scheme for VF-0D.

Also, how about the design schemes from Master File books and even Macross The Ride schemes? Were those designed by Tenjin too?

The one you're already familiar with.