Arcadia/Bandai VF-1J 35th Anniversary?

kajnrig

4 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

The Hasegawa 35th Anniversary kit is a VF-1J. Does that mean there will be two different anniversary VF-1J design for this 35th Anniversary celebration?

I hope so.  It would be nice to see Arcadia do something different instead of copying Hasegawa's paint scheme again, like they did for the 30th Anniversary.

7 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

The Hasegawa 35th Anniversary kit is a VF-1J. Does that mean there will be two different anniversary VF-1J design for this 35th Anniversary celebration?

Why would there be a different design? IIRC, the 30th Anniversary scheme was the same between the Arcadia VF-1J and the Hasegawa VF-1J.

EDIT:

Just now, technoblue said:

I hope so.  It would be nice to see Arcadia do something different instead of copying Hasegawa's paint scheme again, like they did for the 30th Anniversary.

I thought it was BW or whoever saying "This is the 30th Anniversary scheme, you guys, now go do your thing."

not

Hasegawa saying "For the 30th Anniversary, we're gonna do this" and then Arcadia saying "Hey that sounds like a good idea I'mma take that."

Edited by kajnrig

1 minute ago, kajnrig said:

Why would there be a different design? IIRC, the 30th Anniversary scheme was the same between the Arcadia VF-1J and the Hasegawa VF-1J.

It's up to Arcadia, of course, but I don't think companies are required to use Hasegawa's paint scheme.

Bandai's first 35th Anniversary Valkyrie, for instance, is the Hi-Metal R VF-1S Messer custom. Arcadia could have its own custom in mind too.

3 minutes ago, technoblue said:

It's up to Arcadia, of course, but I don't think companies are required to use Hasegawa's paint scheme.

Bandai's first 35th Anniversary Valkyrie, for instance, is the Hi-Metal R VF-1S Messer custom. Arcadia could have its own custom in mind too.

Oh, I was under the impression the paint scheme had come from on high and Hasegawa/Arcadia just did their respective things with it. I didn't know the Messer VF-1 was Bandai's 35th Anniversary scheme. I just thought it was... well, a Messer VF-1 that they made because they... wanted to, I guess?

1 minute ago, kajnrig said:

Oh, I was under the impression the paint scheme had come from on high and Hasegawa/Arcadia just did their respective things with it. I didn't know the Messer VF-1 was Bandai's 35th Anniversary scheme. I just thought it was... well, a Messer VF-1 that they made because they... wanted to, I guess?

No worries. I'm not really sure myself how the anniversary paint schemes are approved (or licensed). I do know that Messer's HM-R Valkyrie is listed as the 35th Anniversary version on the Tamashii website. I guess we'll find out mid-September whether we have another rainbow style Valkyrie or something completely different from Arcadia.

1 hour ago, kajnrig said:

EDIT:

I thought it was BW or whoever saying "This is the 30th Anniversary scheme, you guys, now go do your thing."

not

Hasegawa saying "For the 30th Anniversary, we're gonna do this" and then Arcadia saying "Hey that sounds like a good idea I'mma take that."

I only asked if there's another design because there's this from Hasegawa:

4 hours ago, kajnrig said:

65839.jpg

And then, there's this upcoming official announcement from which company we don't know yet (probably Big West) for another VF-1J:

3 hours ago, wmkjr said:

o2000150013996035287.jpg

I only asked because I was under the impression that there's an 'official' BW anniversary design kind of like what they did for that rainbow priest version one. So seeing that Hasegawa VF-1J kit I thought that was it, the official design. Because I'm not considering a Messer scheme VF-1S as their official 'anniversary' scheme but more on like a 'celebration' scheme. That's why I'm wondering if there's going to be another design since they were also announcing a VF-1J unit too.

I forgot to mention that the pic was from Arcadia's blog right after WonderFest. I thought people knew about as it was brought up before ( or am I imagining that part?). Edit: Found it in here.

We'll see if it's the same as Hasegawa's or their own spin.

Edited by wmkjr
I swear I seen it somewhere before lol

The 25th and 30th anniversary valks have all been pretty ugly, IMO. Will probably cancel the "Messer" VF-1 because, man, those huge pink nipples lol

Maybe the 35th anniversary will be better.

The bottom right corner says "1982, 2015 Big West." So I'm guessing it'll probably be a VF-1J with some kind of Delta-related paint scheme in the vein of the HMR version.

1 minute ago, Lolicon said:

The 25th and 30th anniversary valks have all been pretty ugly, IMO. Will probably cancel the "Messer" VF-1 because, man, those huge pink nipples lol

Maybe the 35th anniversary will be better.

The bottom right corner says "1982, 2015 Big West." So I'm guessing it'll probably be a VF-1J with some kind of Delta-related paint scheme in the vein of the HMR version.

Lol cracks me up everytime i hear it...:D

3 hours ago, Mommar said:

I'd like to see it on the toy but I'm pretty okay with this scheme.  I don't think it looks bad, though having real world anniversary schemes would definitely preferable.  Not into the Itasha/Minmay Guard stuff.

Enigma then. :D

2 hours ago, mog_kupo said:

Cmon guys, we know they wont use an Alaska/Minmay Guard

Il will be a random pattern that will look very weird

All us fans the pleasure of speculation and dreams.

Before the reality of that very weird pattern I think we all know is what'll actually be made.

-b.

• 2 weeks later...

Stealing seti88's links from the model kit threads. A closer look at the 35th anniversary scheme, this time on the transforming Bandai VF-31 kits as well. Seems more and more likely the unannounced Arcadia toy will share this scheme. Maybe that also means a 35th anniversary DX VF-31?

DSC_7765-440x293.jpg

DSC_7766-440x293.jpg

DSC_7767-440x293.jpg