What will Hasegawa do next?

KOG Water Dragon

So Hasegawa can do a resin chinadress Minmay in 1/24 for 3,200 yen while throwing in a whole eggplane kit.

Meanwhile, Max Factory's minimum factory 1/20 plastic chinadress minmay is 2,963 yen.

I guess it's another great example of having well established in-house production lines keeping costs down while the new guy has to charge more to stay in the green.

It keeps amazing me that the world keeps saying outsourcing will always be cheaper, yet when you look at model kit manufacturers like Kotobukiya, Max Factory and occasionally Wave who have to get their stuff made in China instead of in-house and their prices are waaay higher and development cycles much longer.

I think that the above brands just couldn't generate enough volume to justify their own in-house production line, so without the option of outsourcing, their products wouldn't be in a competitive price range. Outsourcing doesn't necessarily mean cheaper products for the end consumer, but that there are any products at all.

There's a few possibilities. For one thing, resin molds can be made cheaper than plastic injection molds.

Injection molding has a huge up-front cost, and a tiny per-part cost. Resin has a lower up-front cost, but a higher per-part cost. Which ends up cheaper really depends on production volume.

15 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Thanks.

So it looks like a bunch of reissues. I hoping for a new “Egg” series.

Any time !. Same here. Hoping for the Moonshooters' VF-22S re-issue at some point... and a pouring rain of new stuff, but no joy yet.  :) 

@Firefox They've been reissuing it (along with the VE-1) continuously in the last months. A good chance to get to build both versions: the one with the super parts on and the barebone trainer Valkyrie.

image.png.c7a79cf772e335519e2581ecd7afef45.png

Edited by ivorysniper

3 hours ago, ivorysniper said:

Hoping for the Moonshooters' VF-22S re-issue at some point...

THIS!

Have plenty of VT/E/D over the years now. 

Edited by Bolt

On 1/11/2019 at 10:02 AM, ivorysniper said:

They've been reissuing it (along with the VE-1) continuously in the last months. A good chance to get to build both versions: the one with the super parts on and the barebone trainer Valkyrie.

I have a couple each of the original VF-1D and the VT-1 kits. I hope to eventually build an airfield diorama representing a training squadron with an older VF-1D and a new VT-1 (in standard configuration) parked alongside each other. I think the identical training paint schemes on thebteo different aircraft would look good side by side.

On 1/11/2019 at 8:41 PM, joscasle said:

NO 1/48 :(

I keep hoping we’ll see a 1/48 VF-1D from Hasegawa eventually.

Edited by VF-1A Grunt

On 1/11/2019 at 1:03 PM, Bolt said:

THIS!

Have plenty of VT/E/D over the years now. 

Same here. I had a sort of mixed feelings when Hasegawa started doing reruns. I had already bought some VT/VE-1s (at a moderately high price tag) when I saw these two coming back to production at less than US$ 20.00 Ea. Ended up stashing two more for the future, but that's it for this pair. I might go for an extra -1D also for stashing purposes. 

Still refusing to pay the US$ 60ish for the Moonshooters being listed on eBay (price tags and availability used to be worse 5 years ago) and highly confident we'll see the back any time soon.

Edited by ivorysniper

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, TMBounty_Hunter said:

Coming in April: Freyja Color Sigfried 

http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/product/65848/

XOhqomQ.jpg

Also returning are 

VF-19A VF-X Ravens

http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/product/65759/

VF-1A Minmey 2009 Special

http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/product/65787/

Funny enough I always wanted that Minmay VF-1A. I'll nab one for my collection hehe

EDIT: Wow the PO for it opened today too. Nabbed 1 on HS

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10088439

Edited by Duymon

• 2 weeks later...

The figure is sculpted by Satoshi Tsujimura, who has done quite a few sculpts for Hasegawa in 1/20 and 1/24 scale. He's definitely a master of realistic sculpts, but he has done more anime-style stuff like the 1/20 Strike Witches figures bundled with 1/72 aircraft. Lately he's got his own line of 1/24 realistic figures:

http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/item/fc/

The Minmey sculpt looks to have been approached from a more realistic side vs anime-accuracy.

His twitter is also full of great WIPs 

can we amalgamate the VF-31 Siegfrieds in to one boxing already? like the VF-1 A/J/S??

Further Super and Armour versions of said VF-31 J/C/F/S/E reboxing??? [they can keep the Kairos-31A as separate, I already have 4...]

Come on Hasegawa, you know we'll buy them!!

you get you bump your price-per-kit because of all the extra decals/plastic options, we get lots of leftover parts and decals for scratchbuilding/moding, and we can stop pestering you about it all and just be happy/content customers!

Where's the Chuck-31E and Qassim-262???

Whenever we get Chuck's-31E they'd better include the option for Stowing and/or Opening the Ray-dome.........

Come on, let's make it happen! I know most of the western audience feels Delta was amongst the weakest Macross series, but WE SEEM TO LOVE THE VALKS!!!!:D [I know I do]

On 2/23/2019 at 3:17 PM, slide said:

Where's the Chuck-31E and Qassim-262???

Whenever we get Chuck's-31E they'd better include the option for Stowing and/or Opening the Ray-dome.........

Come on, let's make it happen! I know most of the western audience feels Delta was amongst the weakest Macross series, but WE SEEM TO LOVE THE VALKS!!!!:D [I know I do]

Qassim's -262 was the one I thought to be combo'd with Herman's, but we got Bogue's instead <_<. We might finally get it along with a pair of common Lil'drakens (not the jamming ones) since no Knight's -262Ba has been issued with them before (only Mirage's color had them on).

+1: Chuck's Valk had better come with a deployed radome.

+1000: Delta's all about the Valks (and also some fights too  :touche:  ) !! 

Or why they never released an Armored VF-25S or F model, for that matter.  Come to think of it, did they ever have a kit with Ghosts for Luca's RVF-25?  And then there's the VF-171 that never got a kit.

Hasegawa's got a lot of stuff they could do...

12 hours ago, mickyg said:

Or why they never released an Armored VF-25S or F model, for that matter.  Come to think of it, did they ever have a kit with Ghosts for Luca's RVF-25?  And then there's the VF-171 that never got a kit.

Hasegawa's got a lot of stuff they could do...

-_-  .... Ghosts.... those elusive Ghosts that never end up being issued....... -_- I'd be up for an order of 9 Ghosts at least (provided the kit box has 3 of those).

5 hours ago, chyll2 said:

Armored Messiah will be released 10 years from now. :p

Probably after the Armored Sigfrieds come out... which will be issued after the Super Sigfrieds... and so on...

Edited by ivorysniper

I can tell you what Hasegawa is NOT going to do next... ( I checked my Crystal ball ) 

1/72 Battroid kits of the VF-11, YF-21,/VF-22, VF-25, VF-31, matching Armor and any VF-171's (Battroid or Fighter), 

However I'm sure another 25 or 31 kit with a flashy Idol paint job will be released or something VF-1 related. 

If the above Battroid kits get made then I'll admit to being wrong but it's not looking that way.