What will Hasegawa do next?

KOG Water Dragon

6 hours ago, Urashiman said:

That would be awesome. :D

Should I send you a PM?

yep so I can keep track of where I'm at

• 3 weeks later...

Looks Like Hase's 1/72 VF-19 with HMMs will FINALLY be re-released!

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10183104

As well as the 1/48 DYRL Super/Strike

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10242344

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/7/2020 at 6:52 PM, Jetreo said:

From Hasegawa's Twitter: https://twitter.com/hasegawa_model/status/1247358628266307585?s=20

New coming this July: 1/72 VF-31J Kai

Re-release:  
June: 1/4000 SDF-1 TV Attack version (Yes!!!)
June: 1/72 VF-31F Messer/Hayate w/Lilldarken Movie ver.
July: 1/72 VF-31J Freya Colors

Boxart for the VF-31J Kai is out !!

image.png.aa19e63069b9a10b7cde508082baabc9.png

35 minutes ago, TMBounty_Hunter said:

Should have come out on the 24th

Yeah it’s not showing on any of the usual stores though. Not even for preorder.

28 minutes ago, pengbuzz said:

There's a re-release?!

I know I was shocked too! It was posted back in April but I didn’t see it until someone reposted up above. Didn’t want to miss it. I want those new bow guns!

On 6/25/2020 at 11:12 PM, kajnrig said:

"Hayate"?

Oh, duh. Because that's his friggin' name. Of course.

I'm so blippin' stupid. No wonder none of y'all responded. Probably were wondering wtf I was on about. :lol:

Edited by kajnrig

• 1 month later...

Nothing new for October but a whole bunch of reissues:

Kaname VF-31F http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/product/65850/

VF-1 Battroic http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/product/10-2/

VF-1S/A Strike/Super Gerwalk http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/product/26/

VF-22S http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/product/65765/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Gabe Q said:

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/hasegawa-65761-f-14--1072239

According to Scalemates, the Macross Zero F-14 kit is from 1977! There's a later kit from 1988 they could have used. I've been looking for the Zero version of the F-14 for a long time but now, dunno if I want to buy such an old kit. 

Considering how much after market decals cost you could always think of it that way. 1800JPY is about AUD$23 which is about right for a decal sheet. Then just get yourself a donor F-14 kit and you are good to go. 

-Brett

17 hours ago, Return To Kit Form said:

Considering how much after market decals cost you could always think of it that way. 1800JPY is about AUD$23 which is about right for a decal sheet. Then just get yourself a donor F-14 kit and you are good to go. 

-Brett

Agreed!

For the money, consider it a decal sheet purchase that comes with either a free "Test Your Might(and patience)!" build, or junker to try out new things on.

as someone whose slowly rebuilding my skillset, it's very handy to have some actual aircraft to try out new paints or techniques on instead of spoons or plastic sheets/strips...

the F-14 kit assembles alright, but it's very dated, has raised panel lines, and compared to the Fujimi Tomcats [which I consider to be the bar for acceptable 1/72 'Cats] is just not worth it IMO... but ~$18CDN for quality new decals? deal!

also, this is one of the few kits where the instructions actually show you how to paint an on-deployment Tomcat!

the MiG-29 is the same story. decent, but very dated.

Going to use one to try making one of these before I try it on an expensive kit:

image.png.cdc9da11bdf2085d9c873ad78d316304.png

image.png.2dc1b82827962a66181db41c4a2e5dc2.png

image.png.55bed771bf3396ebe26592bf27eb82a1.png

image.png.d63d8be70a1664a6ac00dec1a2887e09.png

That's from the opening of the final battle in episode 5 of Macross Zero. The canards seem to be roughly the same shape as the SV-51's

Edited by slide

• 1 month later...
50 minutes ago, TMBounty_Hunter said:

Yay!

15 hours ago, TMBounty_Hunter said:

This is great news for me since I've been wanting to grab an extra 1 or 2 Black Aces kits.

• 1 month later...

Coming in February we have the VF-19A "SVF-440 Dullahans" with fast pack and high maneuver missiles: http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/product/65870/

p1TWEfI.jpg

As far as re-releases we get 65780 VF-1D: http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/product/65780/

EDIT: since the Dullahans are from the Master File it seems people have already done their builds way before the official product

Edited by TMBounty_Hunter

VF-19A `SVF-440 Dullahans` w/Fast Pack & High Maneuver Missile (Plastic model) Other picture1

I'll bite.., a black VF-19 with missiles and fast packs?

and a shark-mouth? 

I'll add one [at least] to "mount sprue"

1 hour ago, joscasle said:

well... another "new" release and no a single 1/48 new mold since 2014 :(

not even a re-pop for mold-milking in 1/48...

I'd REALLY like a 1/48 YF-21 to go with the '19....

Yeah, I dig this new release - was there a previous release that included the HMMs? - but I have to wonder if Hasegawa have decided to move away from Macross now. There are a veritable smorgasbord of designs from Macross that they could tackle to make a good profit, but they're letting them all go to Wave et al instead... to say nothing of the distinct lack of Gerwalk/Battroid/1:48 kits.

3 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

but I have to wonder if Hasegawa have decided to move away from Macross now. There are a veritable smorgasbord of designs from Macross that they could tackle to make a good profit, but they're letting them all go to Wave et al instead... to say nothing of the distinct lack of Gerwalk/Battroid/1:48 kits.

Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning - Oddball  from Kellys Heroes - quickmeme

:D

Edited by slide

29 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

There are a veritable smorgasbord of designs from Macross that they could tackle to make a good profit

Is there really that much profit to be had from Macross models though? Surely Hasegawa has always been doing the math all along. Macross has always been only a tiny fraction of their output and they're still primarily a manufacturer of military and other "traditional" models. If their choice is between making a new mold for some old WWII subject that'll appeal to modelers everywhere vs a Macross design that's only for a bunch of otaku then what's the more financially responsible decision?

Plus the VF-1 is probably like 80-90% of Macross related merch out there and they already have that covered. I'm sure lots of people on this forum would love a 1/48 YF-21 and related VF-22 repops, but that's maybe a few hundred sales at most? Going a bit broader in the west going to model shows there's usually a few 1/72 Macross kits entered, maybe even half a dozen to a dozen per show but since it came out I've seen the 1/48 VF-19 only twice. There's absolutely more demand in Japan but really how much? 10k production run? That's on the far low end of typical model runs and some would claim isn't enough to cover the cost of the molds. With majority of those being bought and sitting in people's closet for years and years because we already got mountains of a backlog? If it was worthwhile for Hasegawa then we'd see way more 1/48 YF-19 and VF-19 decal variants since that requires no new molds but we've only ever got one almost a decade ago.

Any new mold decisions would also be influence by possibility of cross-promotion and right now there's nothing really happening until the new Delta movie some out.

There's really only 3 routes left if you want a company to make a kit:
1. give up and forget about it

2. keep posting about how it's not in any way viable and how it'll never happen to the point where it's a shock and a surprise when it does in half a decade to a decade

3. start a scratch-building project and by the time you're half-way done they'll announce it to spite you personally

:P

1 hour ago, TMBounty_Hunter said:

Is there really that much profit to be had from Macross models though? Surely Hasegawa has always been doing the math all along. Macross has always been only a tiny fraction of their output and they're still primarily a manufacturer of military and other "traditional" models. If their choice is between making a new mold for some old WWII subject that'll appeal to modelers everywhere vs a Macross design that's only for a bunch of otaku then what's the more financially responsible decision?

Plus the VF-1 is probably like 80-90% of Macross related merch out there and they already have that covered. I'm sure lots of people on this forum would love a 1/48 YF-21 and related VF-22 repops, but that's maybe a few hundred sales at most? Going a bit broader in the west going to model shows there's usually a few 1/72 Macross kits entered, maybe even half a dozen to a dozen per show but since it came out I've seen the 1/48 VF-19 only twice. There's absolutely more demand in Japan but really how much? 10k production run? That's on the far low end of typical model runs and some would claim isn't enough to cover the cost of the molds. With majority of those being bought and sitting in people's closet for years and years because we already got mountains of a backlog? If it was worthwhile for Hasegawa then we'd see way more 1/48 YF-19 and VF-19 decal variants since that requires no new molds but we've only ever got one almost a decade ago.

Any new mold decisions would also be influence by possibility of cross-promotion and right now there's nothing really happening until the new Delta movie some out.

There's really only 3 routes left if you want a company to make a kit:
1. give up and forget about it

2. keep posting about how it's not in any way viable and how it'll never happen to the point where it's a shock and a surprise when it does in half a decade to a decade

3. start a scratch-building project and by the time you're half-way done they'll announce it to spite you personally

:P

Index of /zenphoto/albums/random:D;)

The least they could do for us is fix the leg/engine droop on the 1/72 VF-1 mold... which should be REALLY EASY/CHEAP to accomplish [compared to making a whole new VF like the VF-17 or something], since they only have to modify the "Q" sprue:

VF-1A/J/S Valkyrie (Plastic model) Assembly guide5

Edited by slide