What will Hasegawa do next?

KOG Water Dragon

1 hour ago, KOG Water Dragon said:

Hmmm.... I guess I'm fine with this if the VF-31F can optionally be built as standard VF-31F.

Yes, it can be built as the standard -31F, according to Hasegawa.

1 hour ago, KOG Water Dragon said:

I DO find it odd that Hasegawa is doing these before a regular VF-31F, VF-31S, VF-31E... oh well. And no Hasegawa supers yet either.

There wasn't any VF-31F released by Hasegawa if I'm not mistaken. Maybe this release will give you option to have a regular 31F or one with Lil Draken attached to it. But at the end of the day, this is just basic business strategy 101. People seems to like what they saw in the movies, making those Bandai custom kits and make their own. Why not join the bandwagon, correct? Same goes with Bandai. It took them months before they finally decided to announce a DX VF-31S. And this is months after DX VF-31J Kai. ^_^

19 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

There wasn't any VF-31F released by Hasegawa if I'm not mistaken. Maybe this release will give you option to have a regular 31F or one with Lil Draken attached to it. But at the end of the day, this is just basic business strategy 101. People seems to like what they saw in the movies, making those Bandai custom kits and make their own. Why not join the bandwagon, correct? Same goes with Bandai. It took them months before they finally decided to announce a DX VF-31S. And this is months after DX VF-31J Kai. ^_^

I'm already planning on buying 2 of the VF-31F w/ lil Drakken. One to be built as shown in the artwork and one to do as a standard VF-31F.

If they go and release a vanilla VF-31F later... my 2 VF-31F w/ lil Drakken can be done as Messer w/ lil Drakken and Hayate w/ lil Drakken versions.

Considering that Hasegawa did a vanilla AND super kit for all 4 VF-25s from Frontier, I'm hopeful that they'll complete the VF-31 lineup. They seem to be taking their time though...

Not necessarily. There are some "new" aka recolored kits upcoming as well.

"New":
- SV-262Ba w/ Lil Drakens (Mirage colors)
- VF-31F Siegfried w/ Lil Drakens (Messer and Hayate markings)

Re-issues:

On 4/9/2018 at 8:58 PM, kajnrig said:

- YF-19 "Macross Plus" (Egg Plane); Non-Scale; June 7 release/June 10 retail; 1300 JPY
- VF-1S/A Valkyrie "Skull Squadron"; 1/48; July 12 release/July 15 retail; 3800 JPY
- VF-1 Valkyrie Photo-etched parts; 1/48; June-July; 2000 JPY
- YF-19 Photo-etched parts; 1/48; June-July; 2000 JPY

buVCEBZ.jpg

Just now, KOG Water Dragon said:

Normal VF-31F, VF-31S, and VF-31E later hopefully. Can't see why they'd skip them...

And then supers.

And then armored!

please release armoured and/or super packs as separate items in future Hasegawa, for me? While you're at it, how about some more Macross weapons and pylons in general! Take My Money!!!

Or at least have the heart to include multiple head options in the Super/Armoured kits @KOG Water Dragon just mentioned?

I'm not buying all of Delta platoon again just to get some superpacks... but if they released a Armoured/Super-31A...

post-17939-0-56507700-1466962721_thumb.gif.aebf15b4b150ef725c657c260d1e6ab7.gif

31a_1.gif.65598c9ca9b0fe51fe6089e28eddae39.gif

Edited by slide

But but but....

New kits for the VF-31 supers (instead of a generic super pack kit to be combined with the already available base kits) means more sweet box art. Don't we want more sweet box art?

In any case, I always like to be able to do a set of variants in basic config, and a set in super or armored mode. So I'll be buying 2 sets of each fighter no matter what...

3 hours ago, KOG Water Dragon said:

But but but....

New kits for the VF-31 supers (instead of a generic super pack kit to be combined with the already available base kits) means more sweet box art. Don't we want more sweet box art?

In any case, I always like to be able to do a set of variants in basic config, and a set in super or armored mode. So I'll be buying 2 sets of each fighter no matter what...

nah, I'll take some strike and armoured packs, then they can repop the '31A again.

Besides, I'm collecting the Tenjin artbooks, so I'll get the boxart either way!:D;)lol

1 minute ago, KOG Water Dragon said:

If they don't do kits of the supers, there won't be artwork of the super versions to put in the artbooks... :p

Ah well, we can't miss out on something that never existed I guess, eh?...:D

best of both worlds if they release delta platoon in supers, and armours, then put out just the packs.

Edited by slide

2 hours ago, slide said:

Ah well, we can't miss out on something that never existed I guess, eh?...:D

best of both worlds if they release delta platoon in supers, and armours, then put out just the packs.

That would be great... but doesn't seem likely since Hasegawa has never sold standalone super packs in the past. Only Bandai has done that. The closest Hasegawa got was with the VF-1 weapon packs.

7 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

WOW! Great work! :o:wub:

Those are official product pics. ;)

Though yes, even so that's a great build.

...makes me wonder what happens to those kits used for promo pictures. Hasegawa should have Tenjin or Kawamori sign the base and sell them for a premium. I'd be first in line for some of them, no doubt about it.

On 4/26/2018 at 9:30 PM, derex3592 said:

WOW! Great work! :o:wub:

Not my work tough... but better than my work though ;)

On 4/26/2018 at 9:39 PM, kajnrig said:

I happen to like the vinyl backdrop used by Hasegawa for the official product photoshoots, it provides a good contrast and highlights details..... wonder where I could get one of those.

On 4/26/2018 at 9:39 PM, kajnrig said:

...makes me wonder what happens to those kits used for promo pictures. Hasegawa should have Tenjin or Kawamori sign the base and sell them for a premium. I'd be first in line for some of them, no doubt about it.

I bet those signatures would make the price tag soar higher than the DX items :) 

Edited by ivorysniper

18 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Though yes, even so that's a great build.

that would be sweet! 

• 1 month later...

More limited edition items coming back to production !. VF-0B to be in stock by late August...

Capture5.JPG

Capture6.JPG

At this rate, I'll be able to wrap hands around the Moonshooter's neck very soon !

Edited by ivorysniper

Just now, ivorysniper said:

More limited edition items coming back to production !. VF-0B to be in stock by late August...

At this rate, I'll be able to wrap hands around the Moonshooter's neck very soon !

I'll take another moonshooters, but if the VF-0B is coming, then VF-0C soon.... 

Just now, kajnrig said:

VF-0B = two-seater, correct? Reconnaissance role? Or...?

Testing/Eval as far as official roles.

On 1/6/2018 at 7:51 AM, ivorysniper said:

Capture5.JPG

Capture6.JPG

One of the best box art of all Hasegawa kits

On 6/4/2018 at 1:39 AM, joscasle said:

One of the best box art of all Hasegawa kits

+1. Definitely classifies on the top 5 !.

On 6/1/2018 at 10:41 AM, kajnrig said:

VF-0B = two-seater, correct? Reconnaissance role? Or...?

Best info I have on hand is the VF-0 Master File. This one belongs to the Space Proving Wing, but there were other serial numbers assigned to combat squadrons, probably on the roles you mentioned. Long range interception is another mission I've always envisioned a tandem seater for. Although the fact of the Phoenix being powered by two EGF-127s, purebred gas guzzlers, can be considered a major drawback for long-range missions (unless there's an available refueling spot every 5 or 6 miles  ;) ).

• 4 weeks later...
18 hours ago, spindrift said:

I'd like to see them do a 1/32 big scale Valkyrie from the original series.....make that a Super Valk!

Why do 1/32 Super VF-1, when there's already a 1/20 Super/Strike VF-1? :rolleyes: