What will Hasegawa do next?

KOG Water Dragon

This is just for fun:

What would you like to see Hasegawa release in terms of Macross kits in the future?

It's a safe bet they'll release more in the VF-31 series, so I'll pass over those for now...

My top 4 picks for right now:

YF-29 Durandal

YF-30 Chronos

VF-25A Messiah

VF-171 Nightmare (or even a whole series of variants of this)

Since it's Hasegawa, I'd expect them all to be fighter-only. And I'm fine with that.

If Hasegawa surprised me by doing more battroids...

YF-19

YF-21

VF-11 Thunderbolt

VF-171 Nightmare

No need for Hasegawa VF-25 or VF-31 battroids since Bandai has kits that can be built as battroids.

And finally, this is a bit out of left field... would anyone buy a variable VF-0 from Bandai if they made one? It'll never happen, but it's interesting to think about.

Edited by KOG Water Dragon

Hasegawa hasn't released Itasha VF-25's or other Decal Variants.

It's not Hasegawa unless they repeatedly repack the  same mold but with Variant Cartograph decals to trick weak-willed model hoarders builders to buy the same kit repeatedly.

Edited by Duymon

VF-4 [come on Hasegawa, you KNOW you want to!]

VF-17

VF-171/VF-171EX

that's my injection wishlist at the moment.

19 hours ago, Return To Kit Form said:

Since they are halfway there I would expect a VF-25 with Armoured Pack

+1, I can hardly wait for that one....

3 hours ago, Return To Kit Form said:

Haha I see a lot "What I want Hasegawa to do next" rather than What WILL Hasegawa do next." 

You gotta thinkbang-for-buck profit wise. The VF-1D battroid has merit as I think there would be only a handful of parts to be tooled up for it. 

Agree, Hase will milk every bit of penny out of the extant toolings. YF-25 Prophecy, VF-25A Canon Fodder and VF-31 Variants on high probabilities to be next in line. Then Armored VF-25 would be the next logical step, IMO.

Edited by ivorysniper

10 hours ago, ivorysniper said:

Agree, Hase will milk every bit of penny out of the extant toolings. YF-25 Prophecy, VF-25A Canon Fodder and VF-31 Variants on high probabilities to be next in line. Then Armored VF-25 would be the next logical step, IMO.

since the '25s and '31s are all optional 2-seaters, they can't really milk that angle.

The VF-25A CF is just a VF-25G with a regular gun [same head unit, no external airframe differences afaik], so that's a probable.

how about some Ghosts to go with my RVFs? and so I can modify some into Galaxy's cannon-armed version?

doing a VF-171 would be a nose-section replacement from a VF-171 EX [maybe even just a Canopy-swap?], so again, 2 kits for essentially 1 set of molds.

I suppose it depends on the details of their license...-_-

Edited by slide

10 hours ago, slide said:

how about some Ghosts to go with my RVFs? and so I can modify some into Galaxy's cannon-armed version?

I'd go for the QF-4K series ghosts with no hesitation whatsoever.... 6 to 10 of them !!!. I've been praying for those to come out for eons !

Just now, KOG Water Dragon said:

A 1/48 YF-21 to go with 1/48 YF-19...

The top of my list just changed...

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 9:35 PM, no3Ljm said:

Ok. So here's an 'official' news for what will Hasegawa do next. ^_^

1/72 VF-1J 35th Anniversary Scheme. October 2017. Y3000.
Knlk0JK.jpg

And Mirage's VF-31C:

Does anyone else find the 35th Anniversary scheme a bit... boring, compared to the 30th Anniversary scheme?

99166316.jpeg

They are both more interesting than the 25th Anniversary scheme though...

VF-1S%2025th.jpg

Edited by KOG Water Dragon

5 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

I dunno, I thought the 30th Anniversary was too gaudy, like a Nascar car with sponsor logos stickered on everywhere. I like the clean lines of the 25th, and the 35th looks like it'll at least have a simpler paint scheme all around.

I figure they are publicity/PR units, so showy is good. IMO.

On 8/29/2017 at 10:59 PM, no3Ljm said:

Another 'official' news. How about another Valkyrie this October? ;)

1/72 VT-1. October 2017. Y2400.

7pac.jpg

7_VT1.jpg

C'mon... give us the full package !:) ... it's not going to be one but two !!

zzz1.JPG

zzz2.JPG

I'd love to see what sales figures are for Hasegawa's Delta kits. Their "cannon fodder" kits of both the VF-31 and SV-262 seem to be more popular than their regular releases. The VF-31A and SV-262Ba were limited production runs, sure, but demand far exceeded supply, whereas the VF-31J and SV-262Hs didn't see the same level of bottleneck when they first came out. The SV-262Hs with Lil' Drakens is a LE kit as well, but is still in stock on HLJ.

Maybe they should ramp up production of the -31A and -262Ba again?

Forgive me if this is a silly question (I haven't seen Macross Delta and know almost nothing about it):

Is it likely they'll release another boxing of the Sv-262Ba later, with markings for other pilots? The current release is marked as being for Bogue/Hermann versions.

According to the wiki the Aerial Knights include:

Do any of these guys (not yet covered in current kits) fly anything other than a Sv-262Ba? And do their units look different enough from what's covered in current boxings to justify another variant release?

2 hours ago, KOG Water Dragon said:

Forgive me if this is a silly question (I haven't seen Macross Delta and know almost nothing about it):

Is it likely they'll release another boxing of the Sv-262Ba later, with markings for other pilots? The current release is marked as being for Bogue/Hermann versions.

According to the wiki the Aerial Knights include:

Do any of these guys (not yet covered in current kits) fly anything other than a Sv-262Ba? And do their units look different enough from what's covered in current boxings to justify another variant release?

Nope. They didn't featured them with different plane besides their 262Ba. All of them are using the same plane, same color. The only difference from what I remember are the markings.

The only variant is the white Draken for Roid.