Need a stand

Astralith

Yeti stand <end thread> :)

Just check the site out And I'm pretty sure you can get a nice stand from @ChaoticYeti for one Valk for around or less than $50. It's the best stand you will ever use. 

Might as well mention there are Flight Pose stands that work and look ok and are cheaper but the are known to rub paint off valks due to the way they use three arms with friction nubs on the end to hold things up. They also are more finicky to use and just overall a flimsier and clumsier design. 

There is also the old Yamato arm stand which looks amazing but I have no experience to comment on other than I've read it doesn't hold well I think. 

3 hours ago, Slave IV said:

There is also the old Yamato arm stand which looks amazing but I have no experience to comment on other than I've read it doesn't hold well I think. 

I personally think the Yamato arm stands are crap. They're not very secure, especially for the heavier valks. And part of the issue is due to the dumb areas where Yamato decided to place the attachment points on the valk. Some of them are so far off from the center of gravity, leading to balancing issues that the stand's ratchet joints cannot handle.

Yeti stands are the absolute worst stands I have ever used. 

Did I say worst? Because I meant BEST. :lol: Far and away the best stands ever. It can get a little pricey,  especially if you have a large collection, but they're worth it. Putting two or three valks per stand helps ease the cost.

I like to have two per stand just for simplicity and symmetry, but they can accommodate three with no problem. Has anyone tried four to a stand? :rolleyes:

Yeti stands are great to have as they're super flexible option wise. If you have spare DX bases laying around, you can get the DX kit and use that to save on costs but I think it'll only be good for 1 valk. 

43 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

I personally think the Yamato arm stands are crap. They're not very secure, especially for the heavier valks. And part of the issue is due to the dumb areas where Yamato decided to place the attachment points on the valk. Some of them are so far off from the center of gravity, leading to balancing issues that the stand's ratchet joints cannot handle.

There you go...this is basically what I've heard about the Yamato stands. Great looks, poor execution. I think having a clear stand like Yetis are better overall anyways. 

12 hours ago, Lolicon said:

I like to have two per stand just for simplicity and symmetry, but they can accommodate three with no problem. Has anyone tried four to a stand? :rolleyes:

Hold my beer...

32 minutes ago, Sildani said:

Hold my beer...

:lol:

I've done four on a stand before...but it gets pretty tedious at balancing everything, but the biggest problem is...it's to BIG to put anywhere other than like the kitchen table..and THAT isn't gonna go over well with the women...

I really want a Yeti stand but I think it would take up too much room in my cabinet.  I have most of my valks on landing gear in a display cabinet with glass shelves.

If I had more room I would def pickup a Yeti stand to try some in-flight poses.

43 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I really want a Yeti stand but I think it would take up too much room in my cabinet.  I have most of my valks on landing gear in a display cabinet with glass shelves.

You could string fishing wire across and hang them on to free up some space (If it's like a detolf size). Another option is measure the glass shelf and if there is clearance in the back, ask Yeti to make you some glass shelf adapters with the measurements. Gives you in-flight poses without the base taking up space.

As for valks on a stand I think how much space you have and how busy you want it to look are the limiting factors.

Edited by wmkjr

6 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

This:

6 hours ago, wmkjr said:

You could string fishing wire across and hang them on to free up some space (If it's like a detolf size). Another option is measure the glass shelf and if there is clearance in the back, ask Yeti to make you some glass shelf adapters with the measurements. Gives you in-flight poses without the base taking up space.

As for valks on a stand I think how much space you have and how busy you want it to look are the limiting factors.

The detolf adapters are excellent! They let you use the open upper area of the shelves without taking up floor space. 

• 3 months later...

YetiStand is a brilliant option. I have 3 of my valks on a wall mount. The Alpha stand is only $45 and it's a pretty substantial base from what I hear, and can tell. I only have the wall mount so I can on;y speak for that, bit it's doing a heck of a job. 

Yeah... I used to have my Valks on Action Bases with EXO's adapters, but in any position other than very low (like how you've got it in the Fighter mode shots) I wasn't comfortable with its stability. My base was even glued together. Maybe they'll work out better for you.

3 hours ago, cmal said:

Yeah... I used to have my Valks on Action Bases with EXO's adapters, but in any position other than very low (like how you've got it in the Fighter mode shots) I wasn't comfortable with its stability. My base was even glued together. Maybe they'll work out better for you.

I agree- but it's ok for now,.i use it mostly to stay in battroid, to be in uniform with my other NUNS valks. But Gerwalk mode works out too.

20171217_112057.jpg

Edited by blackconvoy_D01

3 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

^ Do they get wobbly overtime? Especially the area where the adapter is connected?

In battroid they're pretty solid and balanced, a small amount of filing inside the adapter was needed. gerwalk is good. Fighter can be but the tail weight rest on the back and keeps it stable especially at the lower range of the arm. I've had it in fighter for a few days. No issues so far.

Edited by blackconvoy_D01

2 minutes ago, blackconvoy_D01 said:

In battroid they're pretty solid and balanced, a small amount of filing inside the adapter was needed. gerwalk is good. Fighter can be but the tail weight rest on the back and keeps it stable especially at the lower range of the arm. I've had it in fighter for a few days. No issues so far.

Thanks! Really appreciate your feedback. ^_^

In my experience, the problem was the pegs where the arms connect to the base. There's a little slop and it wobbles unless you fill and fix it in place. There's also a little bit of flex in the plastic in a few places that can result in a little more wiggling. Between the arm and connection/adapter was fairly solid.