Terminator 2 in theatres again 25Aug17

peter

28 minutes ago, TangledThorns said:

Oh yeah, the interviewer sounded like a complete idiot when she compared Terminator to Star Wars and I think she realized that later in the interview too.

She didn't compare it to Star Wars.  Only the fact she got to see it in the theaters because it was rereleased, just like with Terminator 2 now.  She caught herself the second time to clarify she didn't think they were the same.  Not really an idiot.  Not in this regard anyway.

28 minutes ago, TangledThorns said:

Oh yeah, the interviewer sounded like a complete idiot when she compared Terminator to Star Wars and I think she realized that later in the interview too.

It seemed appropriate to me. She was saying that she was introduced to Star Wars by Lucas putting it back in theaters and that maybe Cameron will introduce new fans to his work by putting it back in theaters and then she discusses the differences between their two approaches. 

I agree, I remember going with my dad to see this in 70MM full THX sound back in the day. It was freakin awesome. Dad loved Arnold as the Terminator. When the Terminator skeleton guy crunches the skull in the opening scene, the whole theater shook, it was fantastic!  And if you didn't get misty eyed the first time you saw it at the end when he goes into the molten lead then I don't know what to tell you, you have no soul! :lol:.   I don't know if I'll go for the 3D version, but those of you who didn't see it originally should for sure check it out on the big screen!

Edited by derex3592

I do recall... the reason Lucas did the edited trilogy in the 90's was as a means of funding Esp. 1~3 (as well as proof of concept for some the production efforts that would go into Eps 1~3)... is this the same rational for rereleasing an edited T2?

1 hour ago, TehPW said:

I do recall... the reason Lucas did the edited trilogy in the 90's was as a means of funding Esp. 1~3 (as well as proof of concept for some the production efforts that would go into Eps 1~3)... is this the same rational for rereleasing an edited T2?

Intriguing idea.

It rings true, as James Cameron hasn't directed a movie in... what is it now, a decade?  Perhaps its a little bit of proof of concept, and a lot of getting back into the swing of directing movies?