Model Kit Collection Show It Off!!!

ChristopherB

Delta-One-One, Nice to see all your old builds. Are you working on anything new these days? Would love to see your work. Join us at the Workbench thread. 

On 8/11/2017 at 8:33 PM, Salamander said:

I know that feeling, except that (all subjects together) my tally currently stands at 623:rolleyes:, plus about 200 built kits in a large display case.

For Macross, I have 19 kits I still have to build. Two 1/72 scale vinyl kits by Wave (VF-17 and Blazer Valk), two 1/72 Hasegawa fighter kits (VF-0D and VF-11B), four 1/72 Club-M/Yellow Submarine kits (VE-1, VF-4G, YF-21 and YF-19), Yellow Submarine 1/4000 SDF-1, and ten 1/100 Wave Battroid kits (Elgerzorene, Sound Force VF-17, VF-11 MAXL, VF-11D Jamming Birds, VF-17S/D with fast packs, VF-22S, VF-11B, YF-19, YF-21 (to be converted into Milia VF-22), YF-21 with fast packs). Unfortunately they're not really at the top of my stack of kits right now, but I think I might have taken pictures in the past. I'll try to find them.

I don't think I ever posted pics...

Here's one showing most of my Macross stash:

IMG_1439.jpg.2213bfa073396785e68e7f390f2e2e96.jpg

Missing: Yellow Submarine Macross, 2x Wave 1/72 soft vinyl kits, 2x Hasegawa plamos, B-Club Gilgamesh.

Oh, and here is my Patlabor stash:

IMG_1437.jpg.1b228f96cae62056d9c95721c13f4c1d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone knows where I can find the following so I can complete my box of Nichimo kits (pictured earlier in the forum):

HBUE16-200, HBUE17-200, HBUE25-200, HBUE26-200, HBUE33-200, HBUE34-200, and HBUE35-200

that would be awesome. When I get a few minutes I'll upload a few more pics. I started out getting into Mechs by playing BattleTech. Some kits were made to reflect that universe and not Macross. A mix of Dougram and even Crusher Joe in there too.

• 2 weeks later...

Shawn:  Thank you very much for your help obtaining these kits, and I also love the Orange Collection valkyries!  :hi:

Convectuoso:  Awesome Studio Half Eye YF-21, I'm glad it finally arrived, and I'm excited to see it become a VF-22S.  Hopefully the IHP/Experten 1/100 VF-22S that Hobby Hanger has been working on for me will be an inspiration.  ;)

Delta-One-One:  Wow, an original Nichimo display box, I would love to find one for sale.  Good luck with your search to locate the missing kits you listed.  Thank you for sharing your Macross/Mospeada collection, the Cat's Eye is neat.  The modifications you made to the valkyries are inspired.  If you ever get time to open the boxes and photograph those 300 model kits, it would be exciting to see them.  :D

Grayson72:  I hope you're doing well, you mentioned wishing you had a shelf full of built kits.  But I thought you've completed quite a few Macross projects.  Are they boxed up and not displayed or you haven't had time to finish many of them?  I know that you have an amazing collection of unbuilt Macross models.  :good:

Salamander:  Oh man, 600+ kits, plus 200 built!  That is impressive, how many of the 600 would you estimate to be Macross related?  I read that you've never posted pictures, in that case we would love to see some of the built ones when you have time.  I love your Macross resin kit collection, I'm missing quite a few of those.  The boxes look to be in very good condition too.  :lol:

Here is an ongoing commission for me using the Musasiya 1/72 VF-2SS with Super Armored Pack (SAP) and (3) Mardook Battle Pods:

Musasiya 1-72 VF-2SS Valkyrie Project Parts (11).jpeg

Musasiya 1-72 VF-2SS Valkyrie Project Parts (8).jpeg

Musasiya 1-72 VF-2SS Valkyrie Project Parts (7).jpeg

Musasiya 1-72 VF-2SS Valkyrie Project Parts (5).jpeg

Edited by ChristopherB
O.C.D. :-)

Those Robot Museum kits are pretty small in general, no more 7-10 cm tall.

@ChristopherB: I haven't build a Valk since ages, although I should try once again. I've build quite a few 1/72 WW2 planes lately and am finally getting to the point where handpainting with Tamiya acrylics gives the proper result (it's all a matter of properly thinning colors and mixing them so they give a semi-gloss finishing...).

What's annoying about those Wave kits is that whatever they used as a mold release agent hardens over time and is near impossible to get off the resin by now.

Edited by Salamander

2 hours ago, Gabe Q said:

How much? Only if you don't mind me asking. @Bolt

$26.99 for the VF. $29.99 for the Orion decals.  Plus shipping. I've seen the decals on Mandrake for about $15. But they're never around .  I'm happy to pay the state side mark up. Especially in these uncertain times. Having them in hand is well worth it !

Edited by Bolt

On 4/9/2020 at 7:57 AM, Convectuoso said:

Too bad. Thanks anyway

Does anyone here have a Hasegawa VF-22 model kit? I'm planning a custom and would like to have a scanned copy of that kit's decals.

Yes.. but same problem :unsure:

Big question- Does anyone know of a 1/72 VF-4 Battroid kit ?

The NICHIMO!  :)
These are some of my favorite kits ever. Love the box art the most.

I 'believe' this is all of 'em that were actually released. There are pics on the sides of some of the 3 pack sets of others, but I've not yet seen them in the wild over the years.
If you have holler!

el nichimo.jpg

unreleased.jpg

1 hour ago, Shawn said:

The NICHIMO!  :)

I 'believe' this is all of 'em that were actually released. There are pics on the sides of some of the 3 pack sets of others, but I've not yet seen them in the wild over the years.
If you have holler!

el nichimo.jpg

unreleased.jpg

Love the boxart on these Nichimos...

I no longer collect kits, but I do collect Macross related promo materials!

gallery_12176_640_44232.jpg  

large.2012768252_NichimoZentradiTranslat

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

Love the boxart on these Nichimos...

I no longer collect kits, but I do collect Macross related promo materials!

Yes you do. Wow !

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

I want the VF-1J GBP 1S max Armored , Valkyrie please :wub:

And for the completest collectors, look for #1 and #2 box variations...the early release had a plunger 'sticker' on the box before they integrated it into the box art itself (later and all the rest)

p.s. I really want that Zentradi Stamp promo poster jvmacross! ha

sticker_variation.jpg

Delta-One-One....OMG where did YOU find that Nichimo box!!?? I lost an auction for that 12 something years ago for over $500
Then I lost another BLACK variant of that box for over $750....I guess I just need to have $1000 lying around to actually win one!
Someone here in the forums had a blue, but by the time I saw the post it was too late.

The only other Nichimo box I've seen is the pink prize box.

20200105_145321.thumb.jpg.1d85e5c0ca1291c3b826c907f617d4d7.jpg

prize1.jpg

pitarou2005-img440x461-1466484094p1gxb023875.jpg

pitarou2005-img461x499-1466484094e3diff23875.jpg

56 minutes ago, Shawn said:

HEY! I just noticed that Nichimo stamp promo poster! NICE! I've never seen that before!! Woah. Where did you find that!!??

(I love seeing new things for the first time after all these years)

wow.png

I'm sure you recognize the source of the photos in the poster!

In case others may not...

@Shawn, I used to go to a place in London called Comet Miniatures (sadly closed now). I used to go there a lot and always bought Macross items when I was there. I hadn't been for years and I went there for old times sake. The owner remembered me, and I found 3 of the Nichimo kits I was missing. We chatted, then he said "Oh, I have something for you"! He came back with that box. He gave it to me.

I really, really miss that place. It had an Alladins cave down stairs chock full of different kits. Once in a while I would find a gem or two.

On 4/8/2020 at 11:33 PM, Bolt said:

Stoked to finally get this one!ABF0A3C9-E4A8-446F-A5C7-71A6743D8591.jpeg.8af66647abc6c7f0aa9cd9b1711e2e24.jpegF6CF11F7-2DBE-497C-BABE-4BCE9302BB02.jpeg.1ac595ce5ee75fe44c0951cdfc164591.jpeg9D45CEAB-5030-4C16-8C2E-799DB610F7A7.jpeg.63668de968bb460e5c5e07e469cbe5da.jpeg95A5AB24-E955-4FA7-B1A2-A513AF5AD92E.jpeg.944085eadae52e93ba7f4f4770b6afc3.jpeg

And these!2D6EF2F1-86E4-4EE7-BD31-028159F46F7D.jpeg.80755e42f991dfbb3edcf8387979b44c.jpeg

Evilbay can sometimes be your friend..:D

Doh, I need to be more active on here.  Nice score ;)  I used to also have the clear blue and red kits but sold them when I was thinning down my model collection.  I'm still trying to cut down my 100+ Macross kit collection - I had almost every Hasegawa Macross kit at one point but I started getting more selective with the Macross Frontier and Delta releases.

40 minutes ago, Model-Junkie said:

Nice score ;)

:D;)

41 minutes ago, Model-Junkie said:

I'm still trying to cut down my 100+ Macross kit collection -

I'm all about 1/72 scale right now. Mostly resin kits. Let me know if you have anything interesting you're willing to part with.