ChristopherB

Model Kit Collection Show It Off!!!

It's awesome to see everyone's collection, Grayson 72 you definitely have one of the largest collections I know of and I love the list you made.  You mentioned how much you spent so far in your message to me, and I can believe!  Great looking stage coach as well, your friend is very lucky.

I've been spending most of my time collecting, but I really want to start building as well.  I used to do everything from Tamiya 1/16 full option tanks (built/painted) to R/C balsa wood Super Chipmunks & a B17 Flying Fortress, Japanese gas powered helicopters, hovercraft, R/C cars/bikes to every conceivable type of plastic model.  I've never tried my hand with resin kits, but I hope to soon.

Here are some newly acquired resin kits:

1.) Studio HalfEye 1/100 VF-19 Kai Fire Valkyrie Perfect Variable
2.) Studio HalfEye 1/100 VF-4G Lightning III Valkyrie Perfect Variable
3.) Yellow Submarine 1/100 VF-1S/A Strike Transformable
4.) Project AG 1/100 VF-1J Armored Gerwalk
5.) Experten YF-21 Omega One With Fold Booster High-Comical Transformable
6.) CoryDoras Works 1/144 VF-3000 Crusader Valkyrie
7.) TECT 1/144 YF-19 Valkyrie
8.) TECT 1/144 VF-19 Grade Up #6
9.) TECT 1/144 VF-19 High Grade Up Parts #11
10.) Yellow Submarine 1/144 VF-1S/A Strike Fighter
11.) Yellow Submarine 1/144 VF-1S/A Strike Fighter
12.) Yellow Submarine 1/144 VF-1S/A Strike Fighter

Macross Resin Kit Collection (7).jpg

Studio HalfEye 1-100 VF-4G Lightning III Variable Kit 1.jpg

14 hours ago, ChristopherB said:

I've never tried my hand with resin kits, but I hope to soon.

You've got a huge stash there. 

I did my first resin models last year, so as a fellow newbie I suggest you start with the smaller non-transformable kits. You'll feel like a pro after you have a couple under your belt. Plus they are addictive as hell. Just wear a gas mask and work near an exhaust fan, because you will have a lot of sanding to do and the stuff is noxious.

Edited by arbit

6 hours ago, arbit said:

You've got a huge stash there. 

I did my first resin models last year, so as a fellow newbie I suggest you start with the smaller non-transformable kits. You'll feel like a pro after you have a couple under your belt. Plus they are addictive as hell. Just wear a gas mask and work near an exhaust fan, because you will have a lot of sanding to do and the stuff is noxious.

I find using coarse sanding pads/sticks/sandpaper works best, as you get curls/scours of resin instead of dust.

but dust sized particles are unavoidable, so still wear a mask as Arbit suggests... I should wear mine more often...

On ‎11‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 8:32 PM, ChristopherB said:

It's awesome to see everyone's collection, Grayson 72 you definitely have one of the largest collections I know of and I love the list you made.  You mentioned how much you spent so far in your message to me, and I can believe!  Great looking stage coach as well, your friend is very lucky.

I've been spending most of my time collecting, but I really want to start building as well.  I used to do everything from Tamiya 1/16 full option tanks (built/painted) to R/C balsa wood Super Chipmunks & a B17 Flying Fortress, Japanese gas powered helicopters, hovercraft, R/C cars/bikes to every conceivable type of plastic model.  I've never tried my hand with resin kits, but I hope to soon.

Here are some newly acquired resin kits:

1.) Studio HalfEye 1/100 VF-19 Kai Fire Valkyrie Perfect Variable
2.) Studio HalfEye 1/100 VF-4G Lightning III Valkyrie Perfect Variable
3.) Yellow Submarine 1/100 VF-1S/A Strike Transformable
4.) Project AG 1/100 VF-1J Armored Gerwalk
5.) Experten YF-21 Omega One With Fold Booster High-Comical Transformable
6.) CoryDoras Works 1/144 VF-3000 Crusader Valkyrie
7.) TECT 1/144 YF-19 Valkyrie
8.) TECT 1/144 VF-19 Grade Up #6
9.) TECT 1/144 VF-19 High Grade Up Parts #11
10.) Yellow Submarine 1/144 VF-1S/A Strike Fighter
11.) Yellow Submarine 1/144 VF-1S/A Strike Fighter
12.) Yellow Submarine 1/144 VF-1S/A Strike Fighter

Macross Resin Kit Collection (7).jpg

Studio HalfEye 1-100 VF-4G Lightning III Variable Kit 1.jpg

I'll have to dig them up but I recently got sent some 1/144 resin ghosts

On ‎16‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 10:41 AM, kajnrig said:

20170815_162758.thumb.jpg.0dfe02ae61d2024a852b59d455d77ae7.jpg

Just got this in the mail. It's not all Macross, but in the bottom right is a nice ol' 1/72 YF-29 resin kit (recast from a very limited-production conversion kit for the Bandai VF-25).

The resin quality is quite stellar for being a recast. I wish I could remember who the original sculptor was; I know E2046 makes and sells recasts of the original kit, but I got mine from shop2000, which includes the necessary VF-25 parts as resin recasts as well, making their version a complete kit.

http://www.shop2000.com.tw/GK-M/product/p17157810

and the E2046 version is SOOOOO bad mines still sitting in a corner while I try to decide of I'd be better off getting a Bandai VF-25 and just using the resin bits needed.

20 hours ago, NZEOD said:

and the E2046 version is SOOOOO bad mines still sitting in a corner while I try to decide of I'd be better off getting a Bandai VF-25 and just using the resin bits needed.

That's actually a pretty good idea.  Would the Hasegawa version work as well?

WOW!!!! Totally jealous over here!  I have wanted that Roy and the Southern Cross Red Bioroid and "Dana" for years but never found them cheap.  Also I want the "Flash Clapper" model, but it's not cheap either and hard to come by. I have built the Misa and Minmay figures.  That Glaug was a hellish build! Gotta love old 80's soft plastic..beware the arm attachment points!

Speaking of odd ducks...I have NEVER seen this before... it's on EvilBay right now..very interesting!  Looks like they tossed WWII kits and a Spartan kit in a box, made a new box and sold it back in the 80's!  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ARII-1-100-1-72-Macross-Diorama-Destroid-Spartan-Model-Kit-Robotech/232628115369?hash=item3629b757a9:g:~AEAAOSw9V1aWG24

On 6/30/2018 at 12:34 AM, derex3592 said:

I have NEVER seen this before... it's on EvilBay right now..very interesting!  Looks like they tossed WWII kits and a Spartan kit in a box, made a new box and sold it back in the 80's!

Oh yes, Arii made a whole series of 'em.

ar313-26b.jpg

ar312-24b.jpg

ar311-22b.jpg

ar314-28b.jpg

I'm surprised you haven't seen 'em on this site before, actually.

cool! I love the box art, I'd never buy them, but they are interesting!  yeh, I haven't been to that website in yeaaars...I can't remember if they were always there or not.

Maybe we should rename this thread"  Show off your backlog" :D

On 7/3/2018 at 1:35 PM, Duymon said:

Maybe we should rename this thread"  Show off your backlog" :D

Which I don’t think was the point of this tread..

So, let’s see if I can revive it some..

A663AFF9-6B86-45F2-A79C-A1DEA77D7F40.jpeg

B10DA1ED-ADBE-4023-B903-0ECC7EEEBD1C.jpeg

1A2B6B98-B390-4623-979C-86796AAB8085.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 007-vf1 said:

A663AFF9-6B86-45F2-A79C-A1DEA77D7F40.jpeg

You've got some very cool customs there, man!  

And I like your Macross fire truck.  :p