Model Kit Collection Show It Off!!!

ChristopherB

Here are my boxed kits, for now. Still growing the stash and about 5 Hasegawa Super/ Stike valks and batroids bagged in storage.

20200724_202034.jpg

Edited by Chas

About the SDF-1 - Isn't that sad!?

Chas - Are you the winner of the MW owner of the most vinyl records?B)) Nice catch with the Orguss Bronco. That is a rare kit! - MT

23 minutes ago, MechTech said:

Chas - Are you the winner of the MW owner of the most vinyl records?B)) Nice catch with the Orguss Bronco. That is a rare kit! - MT

Ha! I've only got about 500 or so records and 4 turntables, some folks have more kits in their stash than that!

Yeah that Bronco kit was a nice find. I've heard about it's rarity so often that I'm kinda scared to build it, but I'm going to. . .

Edited by Chas

As long as you have some of the original Macross LP's in there, it's a good excuse! I have some and no turntable:D I think the Bronco kit was like the original Red Bioroid; just a few produced and no reproductions. If it's in it's original plastic wrap, I wouldn't touch it personally and count it as an asset. Otherwise, I think open kits are fair game for building. It's a double edged sword. They're fun to collect and look at, but then why have a model and not build it? - MT

Japanese kits of that era weren't shrink wrapped. It is still in it bags though, but I got this one cus I really wanted to build it and still do.

P.S. Great now I'm browsing Mandarake for old-school anime vinyl. Just what I needed something else to start collecting! Thanks MT:sorry::bigshok:

Edited by Chas

Stay off Mandarake Chas! Step away from the computer! It will cost you! But it's so much funB)) They have so much cool stuff! Hope you find some cool LPs. - MT 

3 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

*pengbuzz falls over from sheer overload*

"peng... macross...overload... must...build...MORE...."

It's surprising how many one can accrue over time - and still think one does not have enough...:rolleyes:

Don't fall over too fast though, as you've probably completed for more than I have in stock.:hi:

On 8/1/2020 at 5:30 AM, MechTech said:

Stay off Mandarake Chas! Step away from the computer! It will cost you! But it's so much funB)) They have so much cool stuff! Hope you find some cool LPs. - MT 

The actual stores are dangerous as well. I stopped by the Ikebukuro Mandarake the other day and left with my wallet 11,000 yen (incl. tax) lighter. 

20200724_182149.jpg

"The actual stores are dangerous as well. I stopped by the Ikebukuro Mandarake the other day and left with my wallet 11,000 yen (incl. tax) lighter."

I don't want to even think about it! I know I'd blow way too much money. I'd be living off ramen and bologna sandwiches (or the Japanese equivalent) the rest of my trip! It would be a blast though!:D - MT

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Gabe!

Yeah I've got the Bandai Gunship, and Mowe ( posted in my stash pic earlier), but I wanted a second gunship 'cus I hope to build one with wings folded and one in flight.

When I saw this Tsukuda edition I thought it'd be cool to compare it to the later Bandai that I already have, so I pulled the trigger.

Congrats Chas! Great collection;) That's cool about the folded wing Naussica Gunship. I started a gunship with the hinged wings, but put it up to work on a larger project. Keep us posted as you build it.

Nice score Convectuoso! - MT

@Convectuoso thats a cute little guy!

@MechTech > might be awhile before I start the gunships. Working on the 72nd legioss eta and a Zeta right now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2020 at 3:04 AM, ChristopherB said:

I would like to share with you my ongoing or recently completed projects.  I'm lucky to have friends all over the world who are Macross fans and experienced model builders.   Here they are please let me know your thoughts:

1.) Chicago, USA Studio Half Eye 1/100 VF-4G variable (just finished) & Tanmen SD YF-19 (in progress):

SHE 1-100 VF-4G Project Completed (4).jpeg

Tanmen Kit Collection (5).jpeg

2.) Ontario, Canada IHP 1/100 VF-2SS Blue Gazers variable (just finished) & Experten VF-171 Nightmare variable (in progress): 

9HcT3fd5To6bbURTqbEaQA.jpg

Experten 1-100 VF-171 Nightmare Variable Project (1).jpeg

3.) Paris, France 1/60 Drone (finished) & 1/60 Vajra Heavy Soldier (in progress): 

Xigfrid 1-60 Drones 3D Printed (1).jpeg

Xigfrid 1-60 Vajra Heavy Soldier 3D Printed (1).jpeg

4.) Santiago, Chile 1/72 Hasegawa VF-1D (in progress) & B-Club 1/100 Gigamesh (in progress): 

(1).jpg

B Club 1-100 Gigamesh.jpeg

5.) Philippines 1/100 Bandai/Arii VF-1's, Bandai 1/100 VF-2SS, and 1/72 Bandai VF-1's, VF-25's all variable (in progress):

1-100 Kits and 1-72 Repair Projects (1).jpeg

84981008_3079044062126310_2463050683536900096_n.jpg

Bandai 1-72 VF-25G Custom (1).jpg

IMG20200716153327.jpg

Unfortunately some Club M 1/72 kits arrived with paint damage due to the storage that occurred as a result of COVID-19, so they have to be touched up.  We'll be doing a DYRL Skull Squadron build similar to this one, so I'll need another 1/72 VF-1A/S:

IMG20200714134515.jpg

IMG20200714134507.jpg

IMG20200714134447.jpg

IMG20200714134430.jpg

IMG_20200716_131020.jpg

IMG20200714134527.jpg

What book is this?

• 3 weeks later...

1.) @TheLoneWolf no problem, I'm happy to post the pictures, thank you for the compliment and please let me know if you want to see any other kits.

2.) @Shawn very nice 1/144 kits, the white decal on each one is from JafCon if I remember correctly.  Eating chocolate plus getting a custom model boxset with those awesome inserts is a good deal!  Your VF-X-4 is amazing, something I didn't know existed.  Thank you for taking pictures of your Regult upgrade kits.

3.) @Anasazi37 wow your 1/72 Monster Mk II is impressive, and I know you spent a lot of money for your Plamax VF-1/weapon collection,  not to mention the shipping.  I appreciate you assisting me even though you're busy with work and 1/55 custom project.

4.) @Convectuoso your N-Ger with the addition of pose able joints was a good idea, and the paint work looks great.  I'm also happy to see your VF-0S Reactive Armor and VF-0D conversion, both of which I hope to add to my collection.  It will be interesting to compare the appearance of your SHE 1/100 YF-21 to my recently completely IHP 1/100 VF-22.

5.) @PhotogirlWelcome to the thread, and thanks for your inquiry.  The pictures are from the Macross Mechanics 30th Anniversary Special Edition released by Hobby Japan MOOK.  I highly recommend it if you're able to find one for sale, and have included a picture of the cover.

I also appreciate everyone else who has posted, and taken the time to get our your collection and share it with us.  Here are some recent arrivals from Japan, Virginia as well as completed projects:

Macross Resin Kit Collection With Tom (21).jpeg

Macross Resin Kit Collection With Tom (19).jpeg

Macross Resin Kit Collection With Tom (18).jpeg

IMG_20200816_124338.jpg

Macross Resin Kit Collection With Tom (20).jpeg

IMG20200816135150.jpg

Macross Resin Kit Collection With Tom (22).jpeg

Macross Resin Kit Collection With Tom (23).jpeg

Macross Resin Kit Collection With Tom (24).jpeg

Macross Resin Kit Collection With Tom (25).jpeg

Macross Resin Kit Collection With Tom (26).jpeg

Macross Resin Kit Collection With Tom (27).jpeg

Macross Resin Kit Collection With Tom (28).jpeg

Macross Resin Kit Collection With Tom (29).jpeg

Bandai 1-72 VF-25S Armored Messiah Variable Plastic Model Kit (1).jpeg

Bandai 1-72 VF-25S Armored Messiah Variable Plastic Model Kit (2).jpeg

Bandai 1-72 VF-25S Armored Messiah Variable Plastic Model Kit (3).jpeg

Bandai 1-72 VF-25S Armored Messiah Variable Plastic Model Kit (4).jpeg

Bandai 1-72 VF-25S Armored Messiah Variable Plastic Model Kit (5).jpeg

Bandai 1-72 VF-25S Armored Messiah Variable Plastic Model Kit (6).jpeg

Bandai 1-72 VF-25S Armored Messiah Variable Plastic Model Kit (7).jpeg

IMG_20200909_144744.jpg

Edited by ChristopherB
Spacing

IMG_20200914_212426.jpg.4462edfaf4b27e4f1e522a6b2991665d.jpg

There are a few Macross kits in this pile.

Justcleaning up the house, trying to find some space so when I build more of these, I'll have a place to display them.

The ones you can see are mostly unbuilt.  Stacked behind these ones are more boxes, either done or WIP.

Not all models, some toys thrown in there.

2 hours ago, MechTech said:

You don't have enough cars Peter!:lol: Nice shelving! - MT

Lol, I used to be really into cars.  Then I sold my NSX and got really depressed about it (I know, first world problems), so I could barely look at cars after that.

I'm over it now (well, still miss my NSX), but I realized after cleaning up the house and digging up a lot of these models, I have no idea why I bought some of these.  They just don't "spark joy" so I might end up flipping them or trading them for something,

Anyway, neat thread, I haven't really poked my head in here very much.  A couple of pages back, I saw an application for a Macross credit card:

20200414_065824.jpg

I actually got my wife to apply for that one and she got it.  Ended up cancelling it eventually since she never used it.  I know I still have it buried in the house somewhere.

• 3 weeks later...