Jump to content
Shawn

Yamato 1/2000 Recast or Original?

Recommended Posts

Not aware of any kit from WF but looks like a recast of the original. But if so it should be more in pieces and not as a one piece kit. It's either preassembled or block kit. For that price you might be lucky to find an original.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does it say which company made this? Gotta felling the Yamato is far better quality. 

Good to see your still on the forums Kicker. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Oh wow...that's different  o_O

 I would love to see what everyone has to say about this.... spacemen.

(Mind you I don't have an encyclopedicc knowledge of Macross toys before 2014 so I use "specemen" lightly)    

Edited by Astralith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see a big west sticker but that wont confirm anything. The upside is yes it's 1/2000 scale but you also lose some of the originals gimmicks. The one listed looks like the cannons won't even separate. Someone on FB said it's the prototype for the Yamato version that was 3D printed but then again show me how the cannons separate because I know mine does.

 

@505thAirborne I'm still here. Sad to say that I don't participate in most of these discussion as much anymore with the newbies around (can't believe I'm actually saying it). My collection is still here and staying strong. I've deviated a little bit and went hard in Hot toys Batman line so I didn't get started on the HMR and Delta line. But I've learned not to rush. Although I know that HMR VF2SS is gonna get me going again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its ok...I'm probably the #1 lurker here :)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the 1/2000s are called Replica Prototype Kits, so not entirely sure it is 'the/a' Yamato 1/2000 prototype.

Having a label on the box doesn't imply its a one-off proto in my humble opinion, but who knows.

Sure would like a cleaner pic of that label!! I'm leaning towards the Sankyo kit. Looks like it might have been offered in some sort of mail in campaign...if google translate can be trusted(it can't)

S

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Kicker773 said:

I don't see a big west sticker but that wont confirm anything. The upside is yes it's 1/2000 scale but you also lose some of the originals gimmicks. The one listed looks like the cannons won't even separate. Someone on FB said it's the prototype for the Yamato version that was 3D printed but then again show me how the cannons separate because I know mine does.

 

@505thAirborne I'm still here. Sad to say that I don't participate in most of these discussion as much anymore with the newbies around (can't believe I'm actually saying it). My collection is still here and staying strong. I've deviated a little bit and went hard in Hot toys Batman line so I didn't get started on the HMR and Delta line. But I've learned not to rush. Although I know that HMR VF2SS is gonna get me going again. 

Good to hear the collection is still strong, I've seen a few pics on the FB pages including your Batman & Joker figures, impressive as always. I have plenty of 1/48's & 1/60's to keep me happy, however I did PO three of the HMR VF-2SS's, looked to good to pass up! (My first of the HMR's) B)) 

Edited by 505thAirborne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Shawn said:

All the 1/2000s are called Replica Prototype Kits, so not entirely sure it is 'the/a' Yamato 1/2000 prototype.

Having a label on the box doesn't imply its a one-off proto in my humble opinion, but who knows.

Sure would like a cleaner pic of that label!! I'm leaning towards the Sankyo kit. Looks like it might have been offered in some sort of mail in campaign...if google translate can be trusted(it can't)

S

 

@Shawn it takes a long lurker to bring me out of hibernation. Definitely curious too as well on its origin 

@505thAirborne I did  small vids and I haven't even finished unpacking the 1/60 and frontier stuff

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The SDF is the one Macross kit I don't have any examples of, and ironically my favourite ship all of Macross. The detail looks ok on this and the size is good. Can't offer anything inciteful towards its origin though. If it is a bootleg it's been done well, compared to some of the utter trash I've seen lately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well at the moment, the auction was ended, was probably bought by someone local at the shop it was held at? (was BookOff)

Will have to keep our eyes peeled for anything like that again! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Kicker773 said:

@Shawn it takes a long lurker to bring me out of hibernation. Definitely curious too as well on its origin 

@505thAirborne I did  small vids and I haven't even finished unpacking the 1/60 and frontier stuff

 

Cool, maybe one of these days when you've got free time you can finish unpacking all those Frontier Valks & figures. B))

@Shawn Maybe one of these days that mystery SDF-1 will show up with much more detailed pictures. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×