Yamato 1/2000 Recast or Original?

Shawn

I don't see a big west sticker but that wont confirm anything. The upside is yes it's 1/2000 scale but you also lose some of the originals gimmicks. The one listed looks like the cannons won't even separate. Someone on FB said it's the prototype for the Yamato version that was 3D printed but then again show me how the cannons separate because I know mine does.

@505thAirborne I'm still here. Sad to say that I don't participate in most of these discussion as much anymore with the newbies around (can't believe I'm actually saying it). My collection is still here and staying strong. I've deviated a little bit and went hard in Hot toys Batman line so I didn't get started on the HMR and Delta line. But I've learned not to rush. Although I know that HMR VF2SS is gonna get me going again. 

All the 1/2000s are called Replica Prototype Kits, so not entirely sure it is 'the/a' Yamato 1/2000 prototype.

Having a label on the box doesn't imply its a one-off proto in my humble opinion, but who knows.

Sure would like a cleaner pic of that label!! I'm leaning towards the Sankyo kit. Looks like it might have been offered in some sort of mail in campaign...if google translate can be trusted(it can't)

S

2 hours ago, Kicker773 said:

I don't see a big west sticker but that wont confirm anything. The upside is yes it's 1/2000 scale but you also lose some of the originals gimmicks. The one listed looks like the cannons won't even separate. Someone on FB said it's the prototype for the Yamato version that was 3D printed but then again show me how the cannons separate because I know mine does.

@505thAirborne I'm still here. Sad to say that I don't participate in most of these discussion as much anymore with the newbies around (can't believe I'm actually saying it). My collection is still here and staying strong. I've deviated a little bit and went hard in Hot toys Batman line so I didn't get started on the HMR and Delta line. But I've learned not to rush. Although I know that HMR VF2SS is gonna get me going again. 

Good to hear the collection is still strong, I've seen a few pics on the FB pages including your Batman & Joker figures, impressive as always. I have plenty of 1/48's & 1/60's to keep me happy, however I did PO three of the HMR VF-2SS's, looked to good to pass up! (My first of the HMR's) B)) 

Edited by 505thAirborne

32 minutes ago, Shawn said:

All the 1/2000s are called Replica Prototype Kits, so not entirely sure it is 'the/a' Yamato 1/2000 prototype.

Having a label on the box doesn't imply its a one-off proto in my humble opinion, but who knows.

Sure would like a cleaner pic of that label!! I'm leaning towards the Sankyo kit. Looks like it might have been offered in some sort of mail in campaign...if google translate can be trusted(it can't)

S

@Shawn it takes a long lurker to bring me out of hibernation. Definitely curious too as well on its origin 

@505thAirborne I did  small vids and I haven't even finished unpacking the 1/60 and frontier stuff

The SDF is the one Macross kit I don't have any examples of, and ironically my favourite ship all of Macross. The detail looks ok on this and the size is good. Can't offer anything inciteful towards its origin though. If it is a bootleg it's been done well, compared to some of the utter trash I've seen lately.

12 hours ago, Kicker773 said:

@Shawn it takes a long lurker to bring me out of hibernation. Definitely curious too as well on its origin 

@505thAirborne I did  small vids and I haven't even finished unpacking the 1/60 and frontier stuff

Cool, maybe one of these days when you've got free time you can finish unpacking all those Frontier Valks & figures. B))

@Shawn Maybe one of these days that mystery SDF-1 will show up with much more detailed pictures.