Macross Δ (Delta) Movie Gekijō no Walkūre (Passionate Walkure)

no3Ljm

Heeey! This is my first feed to mw. As a cannon fodder I will proudly get shot time and time again xD.

Regarding the Delta movie... its kinda hard to guess what to expect. If they continue with the story, I hope we get more development on the characters; (specially Mirage... she's  a Jenius!!!!!) And less Hayate Freija.

If its a retelling, I hope the Windermere get more depth than a "bomb exploding at home" they are so cool villains.

Finnally,  I dont want to see any apple-water related topics...

http://www.taghobby.com/archives/228156

From Google Translate

Instantaneous Combustion! "Movie version Macross △" announcement event! !

Date: October 9, 2017 (⽉ · congratulation) Opening 14: 00 
※ Opening / opening times are subject to change without notice

Venue: Lazona Kawasaki Plaza Ruffa Plaza (Kanagawa)

Cast: 
Macross Δ Director General Masayoshi Kawamori 
Tactical Music Unit "Valkyrie" are 
Miune clouds Δ JUNNA, Freya Δ Minori, Kaname Δ Yoshino Rinna, Reina Δ Higashino Kana, Makina Δ ⻄⽥ Hope

I went to All Japan Model and Hobby Show and hear the announcement directly from Mr. Hatanaka, a Bigwest staff. He, Nozomi Nishida, and Hidetaka Tenjin were on the stage.

October 9 is a Monday, but a national holiday in Japan. So many fans will come.

For your info.

16 hours ago, antibiotictab said:

I went to All Japan Model and Hobby Show and hear the announcement directly from Mr. Hatanaka, a Bigwest staff. He, Nozomi Nishida, and Hidetaka Tenjin were on the stage.

October 9 is a Monday, but a national holiday in Japan. So many fans will come.

For your info.

Looking forward to your news from the event.

But with Kawamori focused on The Next, I am concerned he wont have had much time for the Delta Movie.  Really hoping it will be a good finale to the series, which left a bad taste in my mouth.

On 2017/10/3 at 4:59 AM, arbit said:

But with Kawamori focused on The Next, I am concerned he wont have had much time for the Delta Movie.

Thanks for your reply. Such post is worthwhile for me to tell the members here about some news not translated into English.

Yeah, I talked to a Japanese fan about it recently; we wondered if The Next is the new TV series i n 2018 or not. If not, it means Kawamori-san has to handles with 3 different projects simultaneously. IMO, it's impossible.

The NEW PROJECT BRIEFING of The Next will be broadcast on Niconico on Oct 17. I have to watch it and confirm what it is.

4 hours ago, Valkyrie Driver said:

I really don't know what to expect...

Part of me wants a retelling, but another wants an original follow on story...

For me, I rather watch an original follow-up story or some continuation than watch a retelling one. This is based on my personal reasons. Watching anime regularly at this point in my life is non-existent. I really have to make time just to watch something. And by saying that means, I even couldn't finish one in one seating. And sometimes it gets too tiring to see a retelling version of a series. Because somehow it means that the series wasn't good enough in the first place or something to that effect that it needs retelling or some sort. Some of the reason too is to 'introduce' a new collectible figure down the line. For that reason, I'll forgive them if it's a follow-up/continuation story. Atleast it gets to justify the introduction of a new fighter in the story rather than replacing an existing fighter in favor of the new one in the retelling of the story. And to be honest, just by doing so, it's messing up the canon-flow of the story. 

Why not do something like what the 00 Gundam did after the series. They made a 'continuation' movie. I rather watch something like that. But hey, in the end, retelling or a new story, I'm still IN for a new Valk. ;) 

15 hours ago, antibiotictab said:

Thanks for your reply. Such post is worthwhile for me to tell the members here about some news not translated into English.

Yeah, I talked to a Japanese fan about it recently; we wondered if The Next is the new TV series i n 2018 or not. If not, it means Kawamori-san has to handles with 3 different projects simultaneously. IMO, it's impossible.

The NEW PROJECT BRIEFING of The Next will be broadcast on Niconico on Oct 17. I have to watch it and confirm what it is.

Looking forward to your report antibiotictab. ^_^

At the venue now. So many people are waiting.

I saw Save and Tochiro and talked to them a while ago. They can see the attendees in front of the stage.  Well, I'll just listen to the music and voice, and it's OK for me.

IMG_20171009_125943.jpg

IMG_20171009_133635.jpg

Edited by antibiotictab

Macross Delta Film Reveals Title, February 2018 Opening

... The film will recompile scenes from the television anime with new scenes to tell a different story, to maximize the story-telling potential of the shorter runtime but larger medium. It will have at least one new song. ...

This does not make me feel better.

What's the ratio of old to new here? is what I'm wondering. Because you can tell a VERY different story using the same scenes if you work hard enough. The fact that they're telling a different story says that they're aware of how poor a job they did with the series.

Feb 9.

「激情のワルキューレ」

Reboot of the TV series.

Reboot of the battle scenes.

New songs.

3rd concert at Yokohama Arena on Feb 24& 25.

Something collaborating with The Sky Tree. Details unknown.

Sounds like the Frontier movies too me which I enjoyed. Hopefully it's more new footage than old, but if it's coming out in February I think it might be the latter. If the emphasis is to redo the action scenes and make a much stronger story, then I'm up for it. 

I think that what we get in the movie depends on how successful the series was in hard numbers. Love it or hate it, if it works, they will stick to the formula.

I wonder if it had higher TV ratings, music sales, and BD sales than Frontier at this stage. Anyone know?

Looking just at DX Chogokin sales, I have never seen DX Valks stay at near retail on Ebay for so long. So that is one indication, but only an indication for the collectors, not the rest of the audience.

Anecdotal data such as , "Wow, its so popular with tweens, and there are a lot of events", doesn't really indicate financial success.

The show was pretty successful in Japan (especially when it comes to launching Walkure), but it didn't top Frontier which was a bit of a surprise hit as it was.

Honestly, this is what I expected. It's the same thing as the Frontier movies did. I am one of the few that actually liked the reworked Frontier movie story better than the shows (but I still like the show, and the canon is certainly some weird cosmic mix of the two like SDFM and DYRL does). So all in all I think this is a good thing and hopefully this version of the Delta story will be better written (it certainly will have better pacing).

That all being said, at least one new song?! Frontier movies had entire new soundtracks practically, lol.

3 minutes ago, Master Dex said:

I am one of the few that actually liked the reworked Frontier movie story better than the shows (but I still like the show, and the canon is certainly some weird cosmic mix of the two like SDFM and DYRL does).

Did people (here or in general) really skew that much towards disliking the movies? I'm surprised. I liked seeing what parts they were willing to radically change and what parts they weren't.

12 hours ago, antibiotictab said:

Feb 9.

「激情のワルキューレ」

Reboot of the TV series.

Reboot of the battle scenes.

Tryin' real hard not to be disheartened by this news, and it ain't workin'.  I mean, there's a chance for improvement when they redo the story, but the story was such a mess in Macross Delta that I somehow fear that huge amount of room for improvement in the series means that the movie will take the story from "weak" to "passable" instead of from "great" to "fantastic".  

It'd be real nice if the balance was restored to the story so that it was actually Macross Delta and not Macross Walkure with special guests Delta Flight.

4 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Did people (here or in general) really skew that much towards disliking the movies? I'm surprised. I liked seeing what parts they were willing to radically change and what parts they weren't.

From what I saw, the movies were generally quite well-received, particularly with the more balanced love triangle that gave Ranka even time instead of letting Sheryl seize the high ground from day one.  Having a resolution to the love triangle seems to have had the usual modern anime problem of upset fans whose ship got sunk being pissed off, but otherwise folks being happy with it...

True what Seto said, but I have seen people on this very forum (no specific names that I remember though) who have said they disliked the movie versions.

I suppose it helps I was always #TeamSheryl even in the show so the movies definitely validated my opinion, lol.

This is at least one thing we can at least hope for in the Delta movie, that Mirage might at least get more of a chance to be part of the triangle. However it is unlikely Freyja won't still win and with the focus seeming to be on Walkure I fear Seto may be right again that people like Mirage may just become background. Add in that Kawamori didn't even want a triangle in this show in the first place (and boy does it show), and it is easy to believe the movie version might just not bother with the pretense.

1 hour ago, Master Dex said:

However it is unlikely Freyja won't still win and with the focus seeming to be on Walkure I fear Seto may be right again that people like Mirage may just become background. Add in that Kawamori didn't even want a triangle in this show in the first place (and boy does it show), and it is easy to believe the movie version might just not bother with the pretense.

I'd be down for this. The kind of fiery, emotional romance that you need from a love triangle never fit Mirage, anyway. Alternatively, turn the typical tropes of the triangle on their heads entirely and have Freyja find sport in cajoling Mirage out of her shell. As likable as Hayate and Freyja are together, I think there's more to work with between Mirage and Freyja.

11 minutes ago, Zx31 said:

I thought Delta was great. If you didn't enjoy it then that's fine, there's a new series coming that might appeal to you more or maybe the movie will be your thing. 

I didn't think Delta was great, but I definitely enjoyed it.

This news about the Movie being a retelling is a bit saddening...

I think a lot of us are going to be a bit disappointed with Macross Delta getting a recap movie... we were kind of hoping for some closure in the whole Windermere conflict, since Heinz taking his ball and going home at the end of the series is distinctly unsatisfying.

Just wait... we get happy that they'll redo the battle scenes but what they really mean is they are replacing all the shots of planes scissoring into shots of them... scissoring in the opposite direction! lol

9 hours ago, Zx31 said:

I thought Delta was great. If you didn't enjoy it then that's fine, there's a new series coming that might appeal to you more or maybe the movie will be your thing. 

That's cool.  Its important that we can all say whether we loved it or hated it without getting flamed.

If you can describe WHY you loved it, you might actually win some people over.

Personally, I can appreciate any style, but the story and character development didn't capture me from one episode to the next. And that's my hope for improvement in the movie.

The basics of long-form, plotted story development is why I got into anime in the first place in the 80's, as compared to episodic American TV. And I think that's what's lacking in current anime.