Macross Δ (Delta) Movie Gekijō no Walkūre (Passionate Walkure)

no3Ljm

Looks like it's official... for now.(?)

【『マクロスΔ』劇場版、製作決定!】先ほどまでROCK IN JAPAN FES.でステージを熱く盛り上げたワルキューレ!そのワルキューレが活躍する『マクロスΔ』の劇場版が製作決定!ワルキューレも『マクロスΔ』もとまらない!

【"Macross Δ" Movie version, making decision! 】 Valkyre that excited the stage hotly with ROCK IN JAPAN FES. The theatrical version of "Macross △" that Valkyrie plays an active role is made and decided! Valkyrie also does not stop "Macross Δ"!

From AnimeNewsNetwork:

The Walküre idol group announced at the "Rock in Japan Festival 2017" event on Sunday that the Macross Deltatelevision anime series is getting an anime film project. The project is the latest work to commemorate the 35th anniversary of the Macross franchise. The staff will reveal more information about the film at a later date.

IMG_5314.thumb.JPG.e9f179655e55b17e87aad390b3cda106.JPG

Edited by no3Ljm

I called it. The movie project announced along the new series ended up being tied to Delta. Now let's see if it's just a recap movie (and if there's more than one like with Frontier) or if it's a sequel. 

Edited by Lorindor

I'm going to reserve pre-judgement until I find out who's writing this.

If it's the same clowns who made a complete pig's ear of the Macross Delta TV series, then I want none of it.

I don't know if they even need new writers. That'd be preferable, for sure, but hopefully if they go with the old writers they'll have learned a thing or two or ten in the time since the show ended. IIRC, Delta didn't have nearly the same budget and/or development/production period as Frontier did, right?

20 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Looks like it's official... for now.(?)

【『マクロスΔ』劇場版、製作決定!】先ほどまでROCK IN JAPAN FES.でステージを熱く盛り上げたワルキューレ!そのワルキューレが活躍する『マクロスΔ』の劇場版が製作決定!ワルキューレも『マクロスΔ』もとまらない!

【"Macross Δ" Movie version, making decision! 】 Valkyre that excited the stage hotly with ROCK IN JAPAN FES. The theatrical version of "Macross △" that Valkyrie plays an active role is made and decided! Valkyrie also does not stop "Macross Δ"!

From AnimeNewsNetwork:

The Walküre idol group announced at the "Rock in Japan Festival 2017" event on Sunday that the Macross Deltatelevision anime series is getting an anime film project. The project is the latest work to commemorate the 35th anniversary of the Macross franchise. The staff will reveal more information about the film at a later date.

IMG_5314.thumb.JPG.e9f179655e55b17e87aad390b3cda106.JPG

thanks Noel

MESSER IS ALIVE!!!!!

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I dunno, I kinda got turned off by Delta during the second half of the series up to the point that I wasn't really excited when an episode was coming. And it was always a 5 vs. 5 (or 4) matchup. I'm not sure if the staff got lazy. Comparing Macross Episode 27: Ai Wa Nagareru or Macross Frontier Episodes 24~25, Episode 26 felt, I dunno, less epic and it was like just the delta squadron and the knights vs. Roid's forces. I know it was more focused on the singing but in that case, Basara wins in Macross 7's final battle.

Well I do hope the movie does better...

Cmon folks, this is good news!! As long as the hype is alive, we get more chances for valk releases like the  vf9, 22 or maybe new variants!

12 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

thanks Noel

MESSER IS ALIVE!!!!!

haha YES!!! And he pilots the new armored 31!!B))B))

...go destroids? please?

:p

I'm hoping for the best and expecting the worst. About the only way they can salvage this story is by scrapping it altogether and starting from scratch. Maybe go with something less epic in scale. Then at least they wouldn't try and fail miserably to out-Frontier-finale the Frontier finale.

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

Cmon folks, this is good news!! As long as the hype is alive, we get more chances for valk releases like the  vf9, 22 or maybe new variants!

haha YES!!! And he pilots the new armored 31!!B))B))

bandai going to milk that money~

1 hour ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Whether he'll stay that way is another matter entirety...

i guess he will live,

let one of the walkure die.

A movie sequel would be an opportunity  to bring it all around.  But probably wouldn't stand alone without  viewers having seen the tv series..

im afraid of a recycled attempt with a cameo shot of the new variant..again .

8 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

i guess he will live,

let one of the walkure die.

11 minutes ago, enphily said:

All Walkure must die. Maybe except Kaname. It would be perfect

Macross Delta's writers didn't seem to quite grasp that, if you want the audience to care that you've killed off a character, the character has to actually be somewhat developed and likeable first.  

Messer Ihlefeld was a flat, stock character in a series that was overrun by flat, stock characters on both sides.  Worse still, the stock role he filled was the Broken Ace and it was almost impossible to like him in what little characterization he got because he treated everyone like dirt.  His send-off in the episode after his death fell comically flat.  "Oh look, Messer kept a secret diary of how much he thinks we all suck!  See, he really did care!"  My eyes just about rolled out of my head watching that shabby mess.

The cast is packed with undeveloped stock characters the writers could kill with no more impact on the audience than knocking over a cardboard standee: Arad, Messer, Ernest Johnson, any member of Walkure who isn't Freyja Wion, Theo, Xao, Hermann, Uroh, and any among the multitudes of background characters on the Macross Elysion or in Darwent Castle.

Maybe they can kill that bloody catfish from Ragna.  He had more characterization than most of the characters I just named. <_<

10 hours ago, kajnrig said:

...go destroids? please?

... ... ... the world can be a cruel place for one such as you.

10 hours ago, kajnrig said:

I'm hoping for the best and expecting the worst. About the only way they can salvage this story is by scrapping it altogether and starting from scratch. Maybe go with something less epic in scale. Then at least they wouldn't try and fail miserably to out-Frontier-finale the Frontier finale.

It'd help, but I fear we're in for another feeble attempt to pass a knockoff of Frontier's plot off as new.  Maybe they'll mix it up by eliminating the pretense.  Hayate will grow his hair out into a big ponytail, Freyja will dye her hair green, Roid will start wearing a skirt... this is veering dangerously into territory fangirls might actually go for.

1 hour ago, Kelsain said:

And, of course, the YF-33 that Hayate will undoubtedly get for the final battle.

Oh sweet and salty machine god NO.  NO NO NO NO NO A THOUSAND TIMES NO.

This show already has SIX sodding "ace custom" machines, seven if you count Hayate converting Messer's plane into a second VF-31J, we do NOT need another one.  Even covering the series mechanical designs has become a joke because the differences are cosmetic, making the different designs POINTLESS.  They should've been different paintjobs on the same design, but even then it's pointless because the series shows Delta Flight sucks at its job.  I'd call them "Prat customs" but it might get mistaken Pratt & Whitney's handiwork.

The YF-29 was BS, but it was at least plot-critical BS that ended almost as soon as it began since Brera's plane outperformed Alto's.  They don't have that excuse this time!

They should have killed of Freyja. Sure, let her win the love triangle if they must, but then let her nobly sacrifice herself in the last battle when she realizes she has not long time to live anyway. A tragic but heroic end. That would have made an impression on me at least and could have made me change my opinion on her as a character. Now she's just awful.

I'm happy for this news. Delta opened up and expanded a much wider environment for the story. It spans multiple planets, space, fleets, a colony ship. With that, there can be a lot to cover, especially with so much plot they can still cover. It was never fully resolved. In any case, I suspect the first movie will be recap, although I'd really like to see it continue and wrap up, or be something that goes into the next series.

It seems like a few here are upset that it's not made just for them, but frankly, and I've said it before, it's really not made for any of us, so there goes that :lol: I'm glad it brought in a whole new group of fans, and with the success of Walkure alone, this move is well warranted. I was waiting for this announcement, so it didn't surprise me, but happy nonetheless.

I have a bit of hope for the movie if it's a recap of Delta. If they cut out the all wasted episodes and needless dialogue of the series and stick to the main story it could make for a fun fast paced movie with good music and one good fight scene.