Robotech and REMIX by Titan Comics

Old_Nash

12 hours ago, Gerli said:

Wait a second... there is not a single hideous image on this page... only words and more words... What the hell is happening here? Do I need to report this to the mods?

I'm mildly bemused at how active this thread suddenly is...

Surely it can't all be people queueing up to tw*t an aspiring "Robotech Defender" with sticks.  :p 

4 hours ago, Dynaman said:

The image is not hideous (actually looks quite good) but I have no freakin clue who the image is...

Which raises only one question... where'd they trace it from?

54 minutes ago, Old_Nash said:

Despite Titan's strenuous efforts to the contrary, people are still buying this shoddy tome?

Kyle is a soldier?????

This is what, the third time Robotech has tried this particular twist?  

I'd expect he's doing much the same thing this time around as the first few times, joining the military in an attempt to discover what happened to Minmei... though since this comic appears to be set to basically skip the other two sagas they've bumped it forward a bit I guess.  My money's on them ending the twist the same way, with someone capping him for trying to rescue her.

Invid invasion?

And a trainer valkyrie armed????

Well they couldn't very well use the fanliner from the Super Dimension Fortress Macross version if they were in space...

Not sure why the VF-1D being armed is a surprise?  There's nothing in the original Macross that would stop anyone from sticking FAST Packs and live weapons on one... the VF-1D's basically just a VF-1A that's been hastily retrofitted to accept a tandem cockpit arrangement and a monitor turret with redundant camera systems in the absence of a dedicated VF-1 training variant (the unarmed VT-1 wouldn't come in until Block 6).

21 hours ago, Old_Nash said:

WHATfrakk????
Kyle is a soldier?????

Well...

Spoiler

In Issue 14 on page 11 it is revealed Kyle was stationed on Moon Base AluCE (Advanced lunar Chemical Engineering) prior to the SDF-1's maiden vovage.  Kyle is part of the civilian oversight team.

Edited by Brofessor
spelling

4 hours ago, Old_Nash said:

Peserphone Satori. Mother of Nova Satori.

I have many issues with this series. Many.

This, however, honestly doesn't bother me. Part of the charm of Robotech to me as a kid was the generational aspect. Yes, in reality they shoehorned all that stuff in to try to make three unrelated series fit together as one. However, me watching the show, and later reading the comics and books, as a kid, was enjoying this grander scale of different characters over many years and how they related to each other. Hearing about Admiral Hunter in a future generation, and thinking back to when he was kind of a young nobody at the beginning of the series was fun. So, I'm trying not to view this too too much through my jaded old man eyes.

All of that said, I have no issue with them creating a new character (I assume she's new) to put in a theoretically fun little Easter egg to connect things to future generations.

Ok, now I'm going to go back to being my jaded and cynical self.

13 hours ago, Bolt said:

Why didn’t they just call it something else other than RT and change a few names.?

The people making this didn’t have something to do with the new SW movies did they??

Right, its like they dont get that we actually love those classic Studio Nue designs.

The art definitely compares very unfavourably to the art that Solar Flare Games is using.

Instead its been reimangled.

Rather than waste a single cent on this I'm rather going to pick-up the Sentinels volumes I missed the first time around.

Edited by Podtastic

10 hours ago, Graham said:

You mean did they forget how to draw, period!

In the final analysis, there isn't a lot of difference between an amateur who's trying and a professional who's not.

Titan is phoning this in so hard that it's come clear around from "not funny" to "actually pretty funny".

8 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Titan is phoning this in so hard that it's come clear around from "not funny" to "actually pretty funny".

To be clear:

I think Titan is phoning it in in general.

I think Furman is phoning in the scripts.

I think the artists are trying, but are decidedly at the level where other publishers would have said "Thanks for sending in your samples. Keep practicing, and send us in your new portfolio in a couple years. Good luck!"

So anyway, congratulations Nova’s mom, you are the latest token shoutout to Southern Cross since that new animation from Love Live Alive.  Hope you get more development beyond being name dropped as Nova’s mom as this comic’s storyline continues to spiral out of control.

Wait a minute.  That means Nova’s future dad will take HER last name.

Edited by Einherjar

16 hours ago, Einherjar said:

So anyway, congratulations Nova’s mom, you are the latest token shoutout to Southern Cross since that new animation from Love Live Alive.  Hope you get more development beyond being name dropped as Nova’s mom as this comic’s storyline continues to spiral out of control.

Or gonna be single mother...

(One time they make Nova gonna be a Rick' bastard daughter XD)

Edited by Old_Nash

23 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

I think the artists are trying, but are decidedly at the level where other publishers would have said "Thanks for sending in your samples. Keep practicing, and send us in your new portfolio in a couple years. Good luck!"

Aren't these pros, though?  Guys from Titan's regular staff.

21 hours ago, Einherjar said:

Maybe she's just a really convincing trap?

22 hours ago, Einherjar said:

Or she's married... or divorced or widowed but kept the last name... or... meh, just don't care...

56 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Aren't these pros, though?  Guys from Titan's regular staff.

I have no idea. I'm really not familiar with Titan, but I assumed that they weren't big enough to have a regular artistic staff, but just contracted out this work to whoever was cheap enough (read: amateurs wanting to break into the field).

On 12/12/2018 at 6:37 AM, Old_Nash said:

Peserphone Satori. Mother of Nova Satori.

And new wing to Vermilion Squadron after death of Ben (Killed by Miriya)

I have no idea who either of those characters are.

18 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

Again, the Eternity comics days don't look so bad anymore...

Isn't that kinda like saying "Next to ebola, terminal lung cancer doesn't sound so bad anymore."?

Everything about Titan's comic is horrible but the stuff that came before it wasn't better, just horrible in slightly different ways. If they can't go all in on hiring professionals to do a quality job why bother? This mess is just embarrassing to look at.

20 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

Again, the Eternity comics days don't look so bad anymore...

Satori.jpg.1114e25a2e559116667b4a753eea36f5.jpg

So what you're saying is that titan comics needs to start smearing black ink all over every page until you can't actually see anything, and then it will be good.

39 minutes ago, anime52k8 said:

So what you're saying is that titan comics needs to start smearing black ink all over every page until you can't actually see anything, and then it will be good.

Not gonna lie... that does sound like a huge improvement.

• 5 weeks later...

Not to sound out-of-character positive on a series that has been generally very poor, but, based purely on the preview, it doesn't look like Furman is phoning the script in quite as badly as on previous issues (faint praise), and I'm fine with the inclusion on the Invid. This storyline, for me, is completely separate from anything before and, as a Robotech property, it makes sense to link the generations together more closely for the fans.

On 12/12/2018 at 8:09 AM, Seto Kaiba said:

I'm mildly bemused at how active this thread suddenly is...

You know we can’t resist bashing this all day, right?

30 minutes ago, anime52k8 said:

Oh no... The SDF-1 has crabs. :ph34r:

Lol! This is what I’m talking about!

27 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

as a Robotech property, it makes sense to link the generations together more closely for the fans.

That makes sense. 

1 hour ago, 505thAirborne said:

While I tend to rag on this comic, this actually does look pretty cool. 

Story wise is still a hot mess 

image.thumb.png.64be3068755f2fda758bb04cb803cda7.png

Ok, that looks very nice!

Didn't knoww the City inside the SDF-1 was SO big...

Edited by Gerli