Robotech and REMIX by Titan Comics

Old_Nash

Hello all.  Spoiler alert for issues 1-6 ending Feb 2018.

Taking the plot seriously for a moment, some re-imagined events or plot twists have been printed thus far.

In Issue 1, on page 11, Captain Gloval surprises Lisa and Claudia by classifying radar contacts as enemy targets.

In Issue 2, on pages 22-23 (?), Captain Gloval already knows the SDF-1 overshot the moon and is near Pluto.  He also already knows the fold generators have vanished before Dr. Lang knows it.

In Issue 4, on page 5, in a flashback to the crash landing of the SDF-1 on Macross Island, Admiral Donald Hayes and Roy Fokker discover the human bridge crew deceased on the bridge.  In the original timeline they should be finding deceased Zentreadi.  On page 9 Captain Gloval already knows Dr. Lang is about to suggest a modular transformation to enable the main gun.  On page 10 Captain Gloval informs Lisa to initiate the transformation if he is unavailable implying he plans on being unavailable.  On page 14 Captain Gloval again knows what Dr. Lang is about to say and Gloval mysteriously replies he will handle it personally.  This plot point remains a mystery to the reader.  Gloval is killed while seeing to this task.  There is a small possibility a clone of Gloval is killed but I am pretty sure Gloval himself is killed.

In Issue 5, on page 9, Roy Fokker almost uses the word Zentreadi and instead rephrases using the word "aliens" instead.  On page 17, Roy states to Claudia three people know the secret of the SDF-1.  I assume the 3 people are Gloval, Fokker, and Claudia onboard the SDF-1.  Admiral Donald Hayes would also know supposedly but he is on Earth.

In Issue 6, on page 11, a Mary Poppins type character tells Minmei to tell Rick presumably she loves him.  It's just an odd scene.  Finally, I assume the protoculture ghost of Karl Riber in Issue 5 and 6 is a manifestation of the shapings.

Edited by Brofessor
added text

10 hours ago, Brofessor said:

This may very well be true.  If I remember correctly, Dr. Lang's evil doppelganger was named Lazlo Zand and he consumed the flower of life as an addiction throughout the series.  In the end he actually takes root and becomes a giant Flower of Life.  This occurs in McKinney Novel #9 The Final Nightmare which is the end of The Southern Cross story arc.

Just another staff of his who got OD'd on PC(Protoculture) intentionally so you could call him a wannabee no doppelganger.

Spoiler Alerts for Issues 7 to 12 ending September 2018.

In Issue 7 on pages 6 to 7, Dr. Lang reports a rupture in space time to Captain Lisa Hayes.  I'm not sure if the rupture is inside the SDF-1, in Pluto space, or in Mars space as related to research and development at Mars Base.  Mars Base took technology from Zor's Battlefortress and was using it to cloak ships.  This rupture is increasing in size.  On pages 10 to 11, Lisa tells Roy she knows the secrets he and Captain Gloval knew.  On page 13 Khyron seems to reference the Robotech Masters and Grel receives a transmission from the SDF-1.

In Issue 8 on page 23, T. R. Edwards is in custody inside the SDF-1.  On page 24 Claudia watches security footage from a vending machine drone which shows Roy murdering Captain Gloval.

In Issue 9, Brian Wood is no longer credited as a writer.  On page 10 the Invid are seen in Breetai's flashback.  On page 11 Breetai references the Masters with an antagonistic attitude toward them similar to Khyron's reference in Issue 7.  In Issue 9 and onwards, Dolza seems to be a hologram.  In the re-imagined story arc of Vermillion squad's capture and escape, they do not seem to fold to Dolza and back to our solar system.  Instead, Dolza simply skypes them.

In Issue 10 on page 24, Dr. Lang sends a probe into the space time rupture and it seems to show a wormhole to the Invid Regess as she detects the probe in her near space.

In Issue 11 on page 13, Dr. Lang seems to detect the protoplasmic nature of the Invid while being monitored by Lazlo Zand who seems to have foreknowledge of the Invid already.  On pages 19 to 20, Breetai confides in the captive micronians he believes their assertions of ignorance of protoculture.  He asks for their help in defeating the Invid.  Dolza and Azonia must assume the micronians are hiding something.

In Issue 12 on page 24, a clone of Roy or alternate timeline Roy or evil doppelganger Roy seems to kill/stun good Roy.

Stay tuned.

20 hours ago, Brofessor said:

Hello all.  Spoiler alert for issues 1-6 ending Feb 2018.

Hi @Brofessor.  If you're worried about spoilers (really, I don't think many of us are for this topic), you can use the spoiler tag to hide the spoilers in a collapsable quote block like so...

Spoiler

BEHOLD!

The necessary icon is the one that looks like a graphic of an eye, between the Size and Font dropdowns.

Incidentally, this whole time loop schtick is just so Titan Comics doesn't have to bother adapting any farther than Robotech's adaptation of Super Dimension Fortress Macross... that's the only real purpose of it.  

28 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Hi @Brofessor.  If you're worried about spoilers (really, I don't think many of us are for this topic), you can use the spoiler tag to hide the spoilers in a collapsable quote block like so.

The necessary icon is the one that looks like a graphic of an eye, between the Size and Font dropdowns.

Incidentally, this whole time loop schtick is just so Titan Comics doesn't have to bother adapting any farther than Robotech's adaptation of Super Dimension Fortress Macross... that's the only real purpose of it.  

Hey there.  Thanks for the tutorial.  You are all free to let 'er rip on this topic.  I don't care about spoilers.  I know where I stand on this forum Lol!  I agree with you about the alternate timeline being a lazy writer's plot device to one day wrap up this story arc nice and neat.  Seto Kaiba, you are a wealth of information and you are a constructive presence here on this forum.... and probably in life Lol!  I enjoy all your insights and analyses throughout the forum.

1 hour ago, Brofessor said:

Spoiler Alerts for Issues 7 to 12 ending September 2018.

In Issue 7 on pages 6 to 7, Dr. Lang reports a rupture in space time to Captain Lisa Hayes.  I'm not sure if the rupture is inside the SDF-1, in Pluto space, or in Mars space as related to research and development at Mars Base.  Mars Base took technology from Zor's Battlefortress and was using it to cloak ships.  This rupture is increasing in size.  On pages 10 to 11, Lisa tells Roy she knows the secrets he and Captain Gloval knew.  On page 13 Khyron seems to reference the Robotech Masters and Grel receives a transmission from the SDF-1.

In Issue 8 on page 23, T. R. Edwards is in custody inside the SDF-1.  On page 24 Claudia watches security footage from a vending machine drone which shows Roy murdering Captain Gloval.

In Issue 9, Brian Wood is no longer credited as a writer.  On page 10 the Invid are seen in Breetai's flashback.  On page 11 Breetai references the Masters with an antagonistic attitude toward them similar to Khyron's reference in Issue 7.  In Issue 9 and onwards, Dolza seems to be a hologram.  In the re-imagined story arc of Vermillion squad's capture and escape, they do not seem to fold to Dolza and back to our solar system.  Instead, Dolza simply skypes them.

In Issue 10 on page 24, Dr. Lang sends a probe into the space time rupture and it seems to show a wormhole to the Invid Regess as she detects the probe in her near space.

In Issue 11 on page 13, Dr. Lang seems to detect the protoplasmic nature of the Invid while being monitored by Lazlo Zand who seems to have foreknowledge of the Invid already.  On pages 19 to 20, Breetai confides in the captive micronians he believes their assertions of ignorance of protoculture.  He asks for their help in defeating the Invid.  Dolza and Azonia must assume the micronians are hiding something.

In Issue 12 on page 24, a clone of Roy or alternate timeline Roy or evil doppelganger Roy seems to kill/stun good Roy.

Stay tuned.

Brofessor, I'm not sure what you're doing here. Are you just pointing out things that you thought were interesting in these issues? It's not really summarizing them, not really pointing out inconsistencies... No offense or criticism intended, just like to know how to frame what you are choosing to comment on.

9 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Brofessor, I'm not sure what you're doing here. Are you just pointing out things that you thought were interesting in these issues? It's not really summarizing them, not really pointing out inconsistencies... No offense or criticism intended, just like to know how to frame what you are choosing to comment on.

Excellent point Lol!  I also contemplated my decisions about what to include and what to exclude in my post.  I wish I could say I am highlighting events which demarcate the alternate timeline of this series.  However, I suppose I am just stating stuff I found personally interesting or worthy of mention.  I am also noting fun facts I suppose.  I respect your inquisitiveness, but I am concerned for you as you may have revealed yourself as a reader of this comic by knowing I am leaving some points unmentioned.  Lol!

48 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I forgot about Zand. Where did they come up that character? Was he novel exclusive or did they grab a minor background character from the show? I use to know all this useless trivia but have forgotten it over the years.

Lazlo Zand was invented for the novels and then retconned into Macross and Southern Cross as unnamed background characters with speaking parts and eyes similar to Dr. Lang's eyes.

8 minutes ago, Gerli said:

Wait a second... there is not a single hideous image on this page... only words and more words... What the hell is happening here? Do I need to report this to the mods?

It would be one less thread for Professor to post on, if we lock it. Honestly, I think he needs someone to actually tell him to stop trolling (inner Super Sailor isn't wanting to be friendly anymore...)

57 minutes ago, Gerli said:

Wait a second... there is not a single hideous image on this page... only words and more words... What the hell is happening here? Do I need to report this to the mods?

You and Old_Nash owe me for breaking my promise.  Padoru padoru.

It's time to play... Who! Got! Rebooted!

See if you can figure out who this is supposed to be.  (Dialogue has been erased to screw with you.)

isn't she neeeeeaaaat.jpg

56 minutes ago, Einherjar said:

See if you can figure out who this is supposed to be.  (Dialogue has been erased to screw with you.)

Is that Kakizaki, I mean Ben Dixon?

Also, thank you for saving the thread.

Edited by JB0

22 minutes ago, Scyla said:

I second that since the helmet is blue.

Gettin' warmer.

24 minutes ago, Podtastic said:

Max Sterling.

Nope. Already seen that donkey poo of an face someone calls art. Gettin' colder.

1 minute ago, DewPoint said:

Ummmm  Lana  errr...  Nova Satori?

Water's bubbling. But not quite boiling yet.

6 hours ago, Einherjar said:

I expected too much from someone who couldn’t last pretending to be an Internet smart guy for more than a weekend.

Lol!  Sorry to disappoint.  My school teachers always told me there's no such thing as a stupid question...  :)  ...They laughed at me a lot.  :(  I don't want to make assumptions but are you referring to Lazlo Zand as the straw man?  You are onto something with your analysis but I don't think straw man quite fits in the novels or the Titan Comic.  He really was a villain in the novels and I think he really is Lang's nemesis and the RDF's enemy in this comic.  He is more of an evil doppelganger than a straw man.  I suppose he is a minor villain of the subplot relative to the Zentreadi.  You make a good point assuming Lazlo Zand was in fact your intended subject.  My apologies if you meant something else entirely.

10 hours ago, Einherjar said:

Peserphone Satori. Mother of Nova Satori.

And new wing to Vermilion Squadron after death of Ben (Killed by Miriya)

5 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

That's not supposed to be Dana Sterling is it?

Cold water there. Try again. 

3 minutes ago, Old_Nash said:

Peserphone Satori. Mother of Nova Satori.

And new wing to Vermilion Squadron after death of Ben (Killed by Miriya)

You’re literally on fire. Winner winner chicken dinner. 

8 minutes ago, azrael said:

Cold water there. Try again. 

You’re literally on fire. Winner winner chicken dinner. 

They trying to put all staff of Robotech 2 or Masters (And all theses years thinked Nova was a bastard daughter of Minmey and Rick)