Robotech and REMIX by Titan Comics

Old_Nash

40 minutes ago, SuperSenpai said:

I'm kind of amused that, for a comic book that pretty much everyone in this thread seems to hate, that it has generated 12 pages of posts.  :lol:

Lol, you've been around for a while, you should know the hate for Robotech is strong here.  

Still, it's not nearly as awesome as when I first joined, hahaha!

5 hours ago, SuperSenpai said:

I'm kind of amused that, for a comic book that pretty much everyone in this thread seems to hate, that it has generated 12 pages of posts.  :lol:

Thirteen now. :p 

You have to admit though, this is like a theoretical 3-way head-on collision between freight trains full of clowns, cream pies, and confetti.  It's far too hilarious not to stop and pass the popcorn.

6 hours ago, SuperSenpai said:

These terrible comic pages give me life, I hope they never stop! Oh is Miss Macross already trademarked or did the writers really think Macross has Talent is a better title?

On 2/14/2018 at 8:39 AM, SuperSenpai said:

Well duh, as I said earlier we're not here because we're interested in the comic itself... we're here to gawk at the terrible, TERRIBLE art. :lol:

It's like watching a train wreck, or crash testing of a Chinese car... it's so horrible you can't bring yourself to look away.

On 2/14/2018 at 6:42 AM, Old_Nash said:

Robotech #07 

Oh Horror... Horror!

The only good thing...

Breetai and co. 'bout to drop the hottest apocalypse of 2010.

Seriously, this looks like the cover of a rap album.

Space-Time Adventure!!!

Dear Tommy, nobody liked Shadow Chronicles... you literally had to ban 90% of your website's members for that.  Stop trying to mention it!

... what the everloving hell is with the poses in this?  I mean, I know they're tracing... but from WHAT?

I don't know what pose that is that they traced for him blowing up that balloon, but NOBODY stands like that!

Britai version of 50 shades of Grey

... I swear they traced this from the cover of a Wonder Woman comic.  I'll find it on Superdickery.

10 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Every time I question the comic I'm working on I see this, then I feel confident again that everything is going to be ok. 

I feel the same regarding my Macross Fanfiction.-_-

9 hours ago, Podtastic said:

Wearing the heavy armour backpack over the (mess they made of) dress uniform. It doesn't even look good, let alone make any sense.

Their design aesthetics are clearly non-existent.

Personally, I get the impression that these artists are drawing a lot of stylistic inspiration from the 90's XTREME comics... y'know, the anatomical dark ages of Rob Liefeld and company.  Back then, looking good was a matter of how much random surface detail you put on a character, even if the detail made no sense (like harnesses full of supply pouches in places the character couldn't reach).

16 minutes ago, Einherjar said:

But seriously though, weren't there rules against stuff like this at one point in the forum?

I think it's different in this case because he isn't posting scans of the comic for the purposes of enjoying the material, complete and whole, all while trying to avoid paying for. 

In this case, the source material is subject to mass loathing, where one would not read it if paid, but the crap being churned out is too good to pass up for public ridicule.  

23 minutes ago, Einherjar said:

But seriously though, weren't there rules against stuff like this at one point in the forum?

These pages aren't pirated, per se... they're freely available previews of the comic posted online by its publisher, and thus not subject to the rules (written and unwritten) against sharing publications currently in print.

2 minutes ago, anime52k8 said:

I think the correct answer is nobody cares.

Well, my GAF'ometer is and has been reading negative pressure for a long time to anything Robotech.... :D

1 hour ago, Einherjar said:

The viewcomic.com watermark(?) on the spoilerific pages up till now should have been a hint that it has been being pirated from an allegedly free website.

In all honesty, my attention was so captured by the horrible-ness of the art that I didn't notice that there was a watermark until you pointed it out.

They're like magic eye paintings where if you look hard enough you can see the surface of hell.

35 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

In all honesty, my attention was so captured by the horrible-ness of the art that I didn't notice that there was a watermark until you pointed it out.

They're like magic eye paintings where if you look hard enough you can see the surface of hell.

I can only glance at them for a very brief moment of time.  It’s not as bad as staring at the sun,  but it feels like my IQ is dropping every second I look at them.

Edited by peter

17 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Guess that must be a reason why you’re not a mod here:p

56 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Man, Google is really getting uncanny with the spying... This thread is literally the only time I seek out the Robotech comic, and yet:

http://amp.denofgeek.com/us/books-comics/robotech/271029/reinventing-robotech

0p5295.jpg

*Look at this son of a bitch's audacity.

On ‎2018‎/‎02‎/‎18 at 4:18 AM, kajnrig said:

Man, Google is really getting uncanny with the spying... This thread is literally the only time I seek out the Robotech comic, and yet:

http://amp.denofgeek.com/us/books-comics/robotech/271029/reinventing-robotech

"...comic book readers and also civilians."

Comic book readers are now a branch of the military? :huh: