Robotech and REMIX by Titan Comics

Old_Nash

51 minutes ago, hachi said:

The background just makes it worse. If ti had a better background...

Well... if nothing else, you have to applaud Titan's efforts to make the covers awful enough to be a representative sample of the contents.  They're working hard to ensure that you CAN judge a book by its cover.

56 minutes ago, Gerli said:

"Kids, remember to compost your Flowers of Life or the Imbalance of nitrogen will attract The Invids"

Responsible readers remember to wrap the comic in an asbestos blanket and safely dispose of it in a nuclear waste storage facility after reading... or before, ideally.

8 minutes ago, Einherjar said:

Remember way back when derogatory stuff like “Macross Purist” was being used in certain circles.  I do every time Old_Nash post pictures of Remix and just laugh at how things have changed.

We don't have to look back very far... because they're still using it.  The last time someone called me a "Macross purist" and meant it as an insult was barely two months ago.  It was always most popular among the Robotech fans who thought the Masters Saga was actually watchable.

5 hours ago, Einherjar said:

Remember way back when derogatory stuff like “Macross Purist” was being used in certain circles.  I do every time Old_Nash post pictures of Remix and just laugh at how things have changed.

Wait... We had "Macross Purist" here?

Thats nonsense!!!

21 minutes ago, anime52k8 said:

would be significantly more entertaining than having actual invid show up.

Oompah-loompah doopity doo!

I have another puzzle for YOU!

Oompah-loompah doopity dee!

If you are wise you'll listen to me!

Harmony Gold is cheap as... CRAP!

So all they hire are a bunch of... HACKS!

They produce stories that burn your...BRAIN!

Tell me are they totally INSANE?!

(Not as bad as the fans ARE!)

Oompah-loompah doopity da!

If you're a Macross fan, you will go far!

You will live in happiness too!

Like the--

*blast from Macrosss main cannon vaporizes Invid-Loompahs.*

14 hours ago, Podtastic said:

"Invids"?

Sigh.

one Invid - many Invid

Bah, who cares... all that matters is whether or not you've brought enough melted butter and a robust enough hammer.

1 minute ago, pengbuzz said:

Invid crab battle?

... I have it.  The most perfect way to Macross-ize MOSPEADA.

The Mars forces defeat the Invid by blasting Crab Rave at them and they all start dancing.

It's so horrible, this comic might actually DO it!

13 hours ago, Gerli said:

Sorry, my bad... that was the way we say it in Spanish :p

Ah thats ok. The Rand character also did that in the English version of RT.

The words Zentraedi and Invid are the same in singular and plural. You use it the same way you would use the word Chinese, for example.

51 minutes ago, Podtastic said:

Ah thats ok. The Rand character also did that in the English version of RT.

The words Zentraedi and Invid are the same in singular and plural. You use it the same way you would use the word Chinese, for example.

Captain Protoculture disagrees. And I think he knows more about the invids than you.

Seriously, are we going to grammar-nitpick a post that was blatantly making fun of the entire franchise? I thought we were better than that.

5 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

Invid crab battle?

I read that as Invalid crab battle and now I'm picturing a bunch of crabs in wheelchairs fighting each other, which again would be significantly more entertaining than the actual invid. 

The Mars forces defeat the Invid by blasting Crab Rave at them and they all start dancing.

There were two great versions of this already.  Zoidberg doing the dance of peace and kinda sorta related this video of a crab with a knife.  

So don't knock it without seeing how it goes (and then most likely knock it...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WXRN1thFr8

On 2/2/2020 at 11:08 PM, JB0 said:

Captain Protoculture disagrees. And I think he knows more about the invids than you.

Seriously, are we going to grammar-nitpick a post that was blatantly making fun of the entire franchise? I thought we were better than that.

Agreed.  Besides, the reality where trivial stuff like that mattered is now somewhere out there in the newly created Robotech multiverse, never to be heard from again.  At least, that’s my take away from the ending of the first series of this venture.  It’s just a Macross parody now.

Edited by Einherjar

2 hours ago, Einherjar said:

Agreed.  Besides, the reality where trivial stuff like that mattered is now somewhere out there in the newly created Robotech multiverse, never to be heard from again.  At least, that’s my take away from the ending of the first series of this venture.  It’s just a Macross parody now.

More like the continuing punchline to a sad, sad joke.

11 hours ago, Einherjar said:

And its because of things like this that I dont slavishly follow "official canon"

Fictional universes are like comic runs, they go through stages of variable quality. You can collect or ignore any part of it that doesnt suit you.

6 hours ago, Podtastic said:

And its because of things like this that I dont slavishly follow "official canon"

Fictional universes are like comic runs, they go through stages of variable quality. You can collect or ignore any part of it that doesnt suit you.

or calls them 'films' made within a said fictional universe aka 'Macross DYRL' and it's cheap direct-to-video sequel, 'M2:LA' :D

Heh. If you want to think about it “in continuity” with Macross...

if DYRL is an in-universe hit docudrama about space war 1...

and Macross II is a direct-to-video sequel that everyone kind of laughs about but loved all the music...

then Robotech is like one of those B movie knockoffs designed to capitalize on popularity of a film by confusing people. Like Trans-morphers or other films that studio has done. 

7 hours ago, Podtastic said:

Just curious, but when was the last time a story from the Robotech universe suited you?  Because while all of that sounds noble, it's also a luxury this franchise hasn't had over the past 35 years.  The run before Titan Comics came in was the Voltron crossover.  Just felt like pointing that out again.

2 hours ago, jeniusornome said:

then Robotech is like one of those B movie knockoffs designed to capitalize on popularity of a film by confusing people. Like Trans-morphers or other films that studio has done. 

Uwe Boll, call your agent.

40 minutes ago, Einherjar said:

Just curious, but when was the last time a story from the Robotech universe suited you?  Because while all of that sounds noble, it's also a luxury this franchise hasn't had over the past 35 years.  The run before Titan Comics came in was the Voltron crossover.  Just felt like pointing that out again.

... and before the hilariously bad Voltron crossover, it was the comic book tie-in to the failed Shadow Chronicles OVA.  Before that, it was the limited run reboot comics that were basically bad Macross fanfics.  And before THAT it was a series of steaming turds that sold so poorly Harmony Gold mercy-killed the license and now refuses to acknowledge them because of all the copyright infringement.

Robotech is a veritable smorgasbord of sh*t.  You can cherrypick if you like, but the difference is between stool samples... not turds and chocolate bonbons.

On 1/31/2020 at 5:22 PM, Einherjar said:

I didn't know it was derogatory, thought it was a compliment, lol!

As I recall, it was usually more along the lines of "lying Macross purist". In that we were fabricating tales of what Macross was doing and how bad Robotech, internationally renowned epic saga, was performing. 

I mean, the Robotechies were claiming the creators of Macross preferred the RT take on things and were steering their own franchise in that direction("ripping off Robotech"), and somehow WE were the liars.