Robotech and REMIX by Titan Comics

Old_Nash

1 hour ago, Seto Kaiba said:

They got deleted... sparing our eyes the horror.

Let me cause them to bleed temporarily. Here's the 2nd cover to this month's issue.

4521455.jpg

If you want to read it, go google it and you'll find it. Easily. Then you'll probably get nauseous, severe abdominal pains, temporary blindness, just to name a few symptoms.

2 hours ago, azrael said:

Let me cause them to bleed temporarily. Here's the 2nd cover to this month's issue.

Hey now, I haven't solved any dubious puzzle boxes... 

4521455.jpg

This almost isn't terrible as long as you don't look at Roy or that knockneed VF-1S in the background.

If you want to read it, go google it and you'll find it. Easily. Then you'll probably get nauseous, severe abdominal pains, temporary blindness, just to name a few symptoms.

Side effects may include nausea, headaches, insomnia, constipation, oily discharge, severe deja vu, stiffness in joints, blurred vision or temporary blindness, loss of life, diarrhea, thrombosis, and rectal bleeding.

Everything about their VF-1 interpretation gives me a headache. I realized recently in all the preview pages they've release so far, they haven't once shown a single battroid mode. having flipped through every issue online, I now know why, and really wish I didn't. :mellow:

I have a ton of "How to draw Manga" books on my shelf, I need some refresher courses before tackling my project.  

That Cover picture of Roy & Claudia looks like it got traced straight out of one of my books called "How to Draw Couples" 

So, has anyone else been trying to actually read this bullshit? because I just tried and WHAT THE frakk ARE THEY EVEN DOING? I'm so confused and have a headache and now I think I'm going to need to lie down. :wacko:

7 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

The art itself is again fine (yes, even that battroid)

No good sir, I say to you this is absolutely not fine:

RCO021.jpg.bbca96f8c5ee2fe33b63fed8c43bbcdf.jpg

:edit:

SERIOUSLY, IT'S LIKE A BAD ATTEMPT AT A GOD DAMN CUBIST PAINTING OR SOMETHING WHAT IS EVEN GOING ON HERE?!?! NOW I UNDERSTAND WHY WHAT'S HIS NAME ALWAYS USED TO TYPE IN ALL CAPS ALL THE TIME UGH!!!!

Edited by anime52k8

Just now, Einherjar said:

176871313.jpg

Is this turning you on yet?

Har har bloody har. ;) You get a thumbs up for that.

But seriously, go into it without a lick of knowledge of Robotech or Macross - and since this is supposed to be a reboot comic, that's definitely the intended audience - and the comic looks fine... for the most part. Someone who knows nothing about the VF-1 will probably have the same reaction to these as we did to the originals in SDFM. And lest we not forget, the VF-1s in SDFM were subject to MUCH worse quality control standards. The characters are kind of generic-looking, but that shot people like to post of Minmei complaining about something in her teeth (I think?) isn't actually a bad drawing, it just doesn't portray her as cute. It's an expression that plenty of people make, and it's one that's been drawn plenty of times and it's looked just as good/bad as it does here.

Someone a page back or so compared this to the manga art from Macross the First and I'm like... They're two totally different works going for two totally different aesthetics aimed at two totally different audiences. There's also something to be said about the Titan Minmei being much more... "believable" than Manga Minmay, in that she looks more like how a person would look, crazy-hot idol or no, whereas Manga Minmay is best described as "distilled moe." There's no room for her to NOT be cute and sexy.

But then again, I'm assuming that the only people who buy Titan Robotech are Robotech (and maybe some Macross?) fans, which defeats the whole purpose of a fresh start...

When you put it that way, then the comic should really be judged on its story.  I guess it’s building up to something besides the goalposts in the Macross Saga.  It’s intended to be a long term investment. But how many months/years will it take to get its bearings and all the ridicule finally pays off?  Based on the deceptive comic book cover art, for the foreseeable future readers are expected to pay a premium every month just to find out.  HG might lose everything before that happens.  Also remember that depending on where you live, this might be the only interpretation that is freely available for you invest in.

Also, when it comes to “Minmay,” it is disheartening that their idea of reinventing her is pretty much turning her into a co-protagonist you might see in a Michael Bay movie, and yet is still expected to go through her goalposts in the story.  Or am I confusing that role with Lisa now?

Edited by Einherjar

2 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

SERIOUSLY, IT'S LIKE A BAD ATTEMPT AT A GOD DAMN CUBIST PAINTING OR SOMETHING WHAT IS EVEN GOING ON HERE?!?! NOW I UNDERSTAND WHY WHAT'S HIS NAME ALWAYS USED TO TYPE IN ALL CAPS ALL THE TIME UGH!!!!

Yes sir, this are too awful^^

(it's sadly they deleted my mini-review XD)

And I don't read, I only see the (ugly) "art"...

Edited by Old_Nash

This has been an entertaining thread full of cringe. I wonder if this thread is more entertaining than the actual Comic. 

I don't know if I want to find out now.

Plus I feel like if I read these books I'll forget how to close my mouth and display my Pearly whites ALL THE TIME cuz... dramatic yo

6 hours ago, azrael said:

4521455.jpg

Looks like the VF-1S on the cover is jealous of that kiss!

25 minutes ago, Gerli said:

Can't they just buy some toys and copy the pose? Because that is awful.

I uses my Figma Archetype to make poses when I drawning^^

rBVaSFpF-laAZ7DKAAE8NN4Glvg436.jpg

(not my Figmas pic XD)

So, I read through these online, not saying where.  Holy Crap these are bad, artwork, character design, dialogue, writing, I can find nothing redeeming about any on this.

14 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

They look......off....like their heads are squished down.....no necks or something?

41 minutes ago, peter said:

They look......off....like their heads are squished down.....no necks or something?

The poses are unnatural-looking, and the gunpods have that weird Liefeldian thing going on where they look like someone realized they ought to be holding something only AFTER the art was finished and hastily added it in Photoshop.

The guns definitely look like an afterthought.  They're just ovals crudely pasted in.

Actually, I think they were using models for reference.  It looks like they had some Hi Metals or Toynami battloids kind of crudely posed and then did a quick sketch.  They used something with a ball joint hip.  That also explains why the hands are so... fudged.

16 hours ago, kajnrig said:

SDFM Claudia has a small afro, right? Or no?

The art itself is again fine (yes, even that battroid), but there's something to be said about beauty standards here too...

Original Claudia had an Afro but the one in this comic does not.  Since Afros have been out of style since almost the day after SDFM was done being animated I don't have a problem with Claudia's change in hairstyle here.  Roy though, he goes from chunky to lanky from one comic panel to the next which is why I singled him out.

The arti itself, Lisa is pretty aweful, Minmay is a totally different character, Breetai is ghastly.  The Zentradi scout pod thing looks good as well as a number of other Zentradi ships.  I am not a fan of the VFs a couple comments up though, can't exactly put my finger on it - perhaps the extra detail lines making them look grungy is the problem.  

3 hours ago, GabrielV said:

The guns definitely look like an afterthought.  They're just ovals crudely pasted in.

Actually, I think they were using models for reference.  It looks like they had some Hi Metals or Toynami battloids kind of crudely posed and then did a quick sketch.  They used something with a ball joint hip.  That also explains why the hands are so... fudged.

Actually... so, judging by the poses, I think the entire scene is a copy of three people holding handguns.  Why would you hold a rifle with both hands on the grip? :lol: 

26 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Actually... so, judging by the poses, I think the entire scene is a copy of three people holding handguns.  Why would you hold a rifle with both hands on the grip? :lol: 

I was wondering about that, too. I mean, it certainly isn't the DUMBEST thing to ever be inked and colored...

tumblr_p2s55naCQw1whpdt6o1_500.gif

...but still.

Thanks for the info in this thread for letting me know where I can view old comics online.  I won’t be going to that site for these Robotech comics but now I can catch up on a lot of superhero comics.

On 3/26/2018 at 11:48 AM, sh9000 said:

Thanks for the info in this thread for letting me know where I can view old comics online.  I won’t be going to that site for these Robotech comics but now I can catch up on a lot of superhero comics.

&$@/!

• 5 weeks later...