Robotech and REMIX by Titan Comics

Old_Nash

13 minutes ago, Knight26 said:

What has me scratching my head, is why use a fan design for the VF-1 (Another deviantartist whose model was purchased by the comic artist for commercial usage) but still use all the other original designs?

Dunno... there's no rational explanation for it, since the comics are legally merchandise and thus there was nothing stopping them from just using the original VF-1 design everywhere therein.

24 minutes ago, Sir Galahad® said:

I talked to Jay about it, and surprisingly they paid for it. And he said he was donating it to charity. Hehehe...

Sigh, And he even had his photobook Geekology signed by Kawamori-sensei himself.

This is why I have a problem with the upcoming art book.  Even if artists like him got paid, it still feels a little underhanded that HG has access to potentionally an unlimited amount of talent online to repurpose for their needs.

12 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

When did the UN Spacy start filling their ranks with clones of Stalin? :blink: 

They really should hire more people off Deviantart, it would be a huge upgrade in quality.  I'm slightly more than half serious.

Imagine if the interior art was done by this artist.

https://franciscoetchart.deviantart.com/art/6-12-ROBOTECH-Macross05-523741222

I have no understanding of why they downgraded the original designs in the Titan comic if there was no legal requirement to do so.

Edited by Podtastic

Wow... Just wow. Where did they find her a helmet? Also, wasn't the point of that whole thing to show the desperation? I mean, do you have any idea how long 2 people could survive off of one tuna that size?

I mean, kudos showing minmay as something other than useless and self absorbed, but... That's just unrealistic...

9 hours ago, Podtastic said:

Imagine if the interior art was done by this artist.

https://franciscoetchart.deviantart.com/art/6-12-ROBOTECH-Macross05-523741222

I have no understanding of why they downgraded the original designs in the Titan comic if there was no legal requirement to do so.

That's too good for Robotech... They need to produce low quality crap, because it increases their volume of product without driving up their costs.

What are those funky looking boot things they are wearing?  They kind of look like they have interface jacks or RCS thrusters.

AS for preserving the fish, it would probably be frozen so will take a while to thaw out.  Cutting pieces of it off would prove a challenge for sure.

On 9/27/2017 at 6:48 AM, Old_Nash said:

Rick HUnter ins the man of relationship...

NEIN!!!!

It's funny that I just re-watched that episode the other day (as part of my Macross rewatching). Lucky for this 'new' update, they brought in the whole 'Maguro' instead of only the head. ^_^ 

On 9/25/2017 at 6:48 AM, Sir Galahad® said:

I'm from the Philippines, and they forced the R series here as well. I did get a chance to watch a weird Macross version where Misa was Misa, Hikaru was Rick and Minmei was named... Maria (Hahaha!) way back 1983 or 1984. Good thing the first thing I did when I was assigned to Japan was rewatching the whole 36 episodes. And I chose Macross over Voltes V, which is very very popular where I am from

Robotech was aired back in the Philippines around 1985 over Channel 9. Though I don't have recollection of them changing Minmei's name to Maria(?). Now I have to find footage of it just to see if they changed it for Filipino audience. Hehehe. ^_^ 

7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Robotech was aired back in the Philippines around 1985 over Channel 9. Though I don't have recollection of them changing Minmei's name to Maria(?). Now I have to find footage of it just to see if they changed it for Filipino audience. Hehehe. ^_^ 

There was even a thread for this... I don't know if there is still existing footage online, but I doubt it. And it wasn't Robotech. It was aired on sundays around 5:30pm, and Misa was Misa, I think I learned of "Lisa Hayes" when there was already the internet. Haha!

1 hour ago, Sir Galahad® said:

There was even a thread for this... I don't know if there is still existing footage online, but I doubt it. And it wasn't Robotech. It was aired on sundays around 5:30pm, and Misa was Misa, I think I learned of "Lisa Hayes" when there was already the internet. Haha!

Wow. I just rechecked that thread and remember posting it. But I didn't check afterwards. ^_^ Surprise to see someone mentioned the tagalog version one. What I remember is the english one when it first aired.

Anyways. ;)

2 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Wow. I just rechecked that thread and remember posting it. But I didn't check afterwards. ^_^ Surprise to see someone mentioned the tagalog version one. What I remember is the english one when it first aired.

Anyways. ;)

It's still in English, not Tagalog. But they were dubbed by Filipinos. We never dubbed in tagalog until Yu Yu Hakusho was renamed into Ghost Fighter here. And it was weird. Haha!

• 1 month later...

Robotech #4 WTF????

The SDF-1 found 10 years ago is really the actual what back in time!!!

RCO006.jpg

And afte the most ugly Bretai, and yhe most ugly Minmei... Ugly Pin Point barrier operatior

Rick's first Phalanx...

RCO018.jpg

The Most Ugly Bretai II: The Mission

RCO022.jpg

Really... why this crap have a 2nd and 3rd reimpression???

Ugh. This is just so awful. Well, What should I expect from HG? They're desperately trying to establish a new main product, since in only a few short years, their rights to Macross will revert back to Tatsunoko and I doubt that Big West will allow Tatsunoko to renegotiate with HG, not that Tatsunoko will likely want to. Hopefully this will become the new main product for HG's robotech, and people will see HG for the steaming pile that they are. 

I also wonder what the Tatsunoko case will mean for Catalyst Game Labs bringing back the Unseen for BattleTech...

At this juncture, I would like to congratulate Titan Comics on managing to produce something so awful that it actually makes me look back fondly at Robotech: the Shadow Chronicles.  I'd like to, but frankly as far as I'm concerned that should be punishable with a hard-labor-for-life sentence.

Lol, I don't know why I keep feeling compelled to look in this thread.  Guess it's like a really gory motor vehicle accident.

Robotech Titans comics has AIDS.

2 hours ago, Valkyrie Driver said:

I also wonder what the Tatsunoko case will mean for Catalyst Game Labs bringing back the Unseen for BattleTech...

The square root of bugger-all.  It'd just mean someone else would be suing them for their criminal enterprise besides Harmony Gold USA.  They never had a legitimate license to those designs and they never will.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

The Best double-page ever os this serie

RCO013.jpg

Gloval go to outside and kick the ship to help with tranformation...

Bonus Trash. Minmei and family watches peaceful the city being destroed...

Edited by Old_Nash

Wow, this actually makes my old Comico Robotech comics look good by comparison.

Also, why is a fighter pilot on the ship in the middle of a battle and jumping into the cockpit of a Destroid that he is not qualified on?

More than that, how is it that everyone knows who he is by sight at this point?

That being said, I do like the extra missile launchers on the destroid.

THen again, why would Gloval leave the bridge of his ship in the middle of a battle?

4 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

So are people actually buying this comic... like with actual money?? 

Apparently. 

Personally, I think it is a conspiracy. HG is using their real estate money to buy the comic books to make it LOOK like someone is reading it.

3 hours ago, JB0 said:

Apparently. 

Personally, I think it is a conspiracy. HG is using their real estate money to buy the comic books to make it LOOK like someone is reading it.

They're the only one's who would buy it with any kind of pride. I mean even if you love that rare RT nostalgia trip, this comic is a total boner killer. 

2 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

They're the only one's who would buy it with any kind of pride. I mean even if you love that rare RT nostalgia trip, this comic is a total boner killer. 

"Re-imagined for a new generation" was used in reference to this comic.  They telegraphed up front that it was going to be crap.