Revoltech Everything

Mommar

2 hours ago, RED WOLF said:

Anyone have the Mezcos? Thinking about jumping in, but cant decide which line. I love my revoltech turtles.

The Marvel Mezco stuff?  I have almost all of them.  What exactly do you want to know about them?

Edited by Mommar

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

The Marvel Mezco stuff?  I have almost all of them.  What exactly do you want to know about them?

How is the quality and overall presence of the figure? I thought the space ghost looks awesome. Any word if they'll make a Gambit? The Cyclops looks unbelievable.  You have the Nycc wolverine tiger stripe? How would you say they compare with revoltech?

I’m unclear what you mean by presence.  How they stand out on a shelf?  Doctor Strange in his bright colors and billowing cape gets noticed, but so does a grizzled, beat up Punisher in all black.  It depends on design, etc.  I yend to notice them all, but I’m a fan.

Quality is a different beast altogether given you’re going from plastic to a plastic frame covered in cloth/pleather/erc.  That being said other than a few odd stitches here and there I’v eonly had one prior QC issue with a loose leg on Doctor Strange, that’s one out of 20+ figures.  Of the many reviews out I haven’t seen many qc problems either.

I do have the Blue and Yellow Wolverine.

Anything compared to a revo is going to be apples and oranges.  Or, rather, revo , ml and Mezco are apples, oranges and pears.   Revo has pretty much zero static poseability between the sculpt and joints and is designed for the most ludicrous of comic-style poses.  Mezco treats the design as if they might exist in the real world plus they’re wearing cloth so posing options are more limited (though both the classic and symbiote Spider-Men pose like a dream.)  They both come with lots of accessories and a stand.  The stand comes in handy because unfortunately ankle articulation isn’t very good compared to ML or Revo figures though it has improved.

I’ve been on Mezco’s case about making a Gambit figure (and Rogue) for over a year, they already have a wired trench coat and a perfect base body for him.  But there has been no announcements so far.

4 hours ago, Mommar said:

I’m unclear what you mean by presence.  How they stand out on a shelf?  Doctor Strange in his bright colors and billowing cape gets noticed, but so does a grizzled, beat up Punisher in all black.  It depends on design, etc.  I yend to notice them all, but I’m a fan.

Quality is a different beast altogether given you’re going from plastic to a plastic frame covered in cloth/pleather/erc.  That being said other than a few odd stitches here and there I’v eonly had one prior QC issue with a loose leg on Doctor Strange, that’s one out of 20+ figures.  Of the many reviews out I haven’t seen many qc problems either.

I do have the Blue and Yellow Wolverine.

Anything compared to a revo is going to be apples and oranges.  Or, rather, revo , ml and Mezco are apples, oranges and pears.   Revo has pretty much zero static poseability between the sculpt and joints and is designed for the most ludicrous of comic-style poses.  Mezco treats the design as if they might exist in the real world plus they’re wearing cloth so posing options are more limited (though both the classic and symbiote Spider-Men pose like a dream.)  They both come with lots of accessories and a stand.  The stand comes in handy because unfortunately ankle articulation isn’t very good compared to ML or Revo figures though it has improved.

I’ve been on Mezco’s case about making a Gambit figure (and Rogue) for over a year, they already have a wired trench coat and a perfect base body for him.  But there has been no announcements so far.

Thank you for the speedy detailed response. I like to have figures from shows I enjoyed as a kid and currently. I'd love a great core cast of the xmen 90s cartoon. Be awesome if they made some BTAS figures too (Mezco). I really like the detail they provide with the cloth and what not.  The revoltech tmnt are phenomenal, but it seems their style carried over to the xmen figures aren't the style I'd prefer.  Mezcos cyclops looks top notch. I guess I'm hunting for nycc wolverine on ebay.

2 hours ago, RED WOLF said:

Thank you for the speedy detailed response. I like to have figures from shows I enjoyed as a kid and currently. I'd love a great core cast of the xmen 90s cartoon. Be awesome if they made some BTAS figures too (Mezco). I really like the detail they provide with the cloth and what not.  The revoltech tmnt are phenomenal, but it seems their style carried over to the xmen figures aren't the style I'd prefer.  Mezcos cyclops looks top notch. I guess I'm hunting for nycc wolverine on ebay.

To be honest if you want the Animated Series lineup your best bet is Marvel Legends.  By next summer you'll have everyone except Storm and Jean Grey.  And they all look the part.  Mezco are cool looking, especially that mega optic blast effect for Cyclops, but they take liberties with the costumes.  They don't look like the comic book or animated series in the same way Marvel Legends does.  Also, Mezco has released precisely one figure that would go in that lineup (Wolverine) and their release schedule is behind by practically a year so the second one, Cyclops, won't be available until possibly next July.  And there's no telling if/when they will get around to any of the other characters or how similar the costumes will be to their comic/animated counterpart.  It'll save you a lot of money too.  Rounding up the three already available Marvel Legends plus purchasing the next three next year will cost you less than just the one Mezco Wolverine will.

On 11/8/2018 at 9:09 AM, sh9000 said:

Looks like Marvel Legends might have what you are looking for.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/45491-marvel-legends-and-marvel-universe/?page=5

Thanks sh9000! Looks like I have to track down the X-Men. ;) Question on the Archangel. You mentioned there was an early release. Which one should I get if ever?

On 11/7/2018 at 8:49 PM, Mommar said:

Yes.  The summer of 2017 they released Rogue and Cyclops, this past summer Wolverine and Psylocke.  This coming spring Gambit, Beast and Jubilee with the addition of Forge from the same comic era will release.  Plus Professor X in his Chair will come sometime in 2019.  Also this past year they released Bishop and Archangel from the Gold Team.  They could easily cap off both teams by end of 2019 or beginning of 2020.

12 hours ago, Mommar said:

To be honest if you want the Animated Series lineup your best bet is Marvel Legends.  By next summer you'll have everyone except Storm and Jean Grey.  And they all look the part.  Mezco are cool looking, especially that mega optic blast effect for Cyclops, but they take liberties with the costumes.  They don't look like the comic book or animated series in the same way Marvel Legends does.  Also, Mezco has released precisely one figure that would go in that lineup (Wolverine) and their release schedule is behind by practically a year so the second one, Cyclops, won't be available until possibly next July.  And there's no telling if/when they will get around to any of the other characters or how similar the costumes will be to their comic/animated counterpart.  It'll save you a lot of money too.  Rounding up the three already available Marvel Legends plus purchasing the next three next year will cost you less than just the one Mezco Wolverine will.

Hey Mommar! Thanks for this insight. Looks like I'm sold on getting the Marvel Legends line just to complete the 2 teams. And it's much cheaper compared to the other two lines. :good: 

13 hours ago, Mommar said:

Great information again. I'm not a big time collector. More of a quality vs quantity approach. I do prefer the cloth for clothing approach vs molded plastic. Very reminiscent of hot toys stuff and the sentinel mospeada figures. I dont mind waiting a few years or indefinitely for some figures. I'm in no rush and since I only collect character/figures I love from shows/comics/movies etc. that i love as well i dont have to worry about completing a set. I do however,  like to complete certain groups, dinobots, all 4 tmnt, etc. I'm mainly looking for Gambit, Wolv, Cyclops, and a few others. I'm glad we all have choices that fit our preferences. 

Really appreciate your help.

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Thanks sh9000! Looks like I have to track down the X-Men. ;) Question on the Archangel. You mentioned there was an early release. Which one should I get if ever?

The originsl Archangel release has different paint.  It’s metallic and shiny.  It looks really good, but it’s more of a modern style if only because digital comic book coloring makes it easier to make the costumes look flashy page for page.  The wings are more dull looking than the later release though.  You’d have to take a look and see what you like.  Personally, since I’m putting together the 90’s teams, I like the brighter, non-metallic colors because that better mimics the comics at that time.  Here’s what he looks like.

A95B9C93-4E80-4895-A8D7-51FD9177902F.thumb.jpeg.899f0bd54574494256798aa5b01933fe.jpeg

Another thing to consider is this earlier Archangel is just the figure and the wings.  The newer one comes with four swappable heads, one masked hero face, one unmasked Warren Worthington hero face, a masked Death head like his first appearance as one of the four horsemen, and an unmasked Warren Worthington evil face.  And an additional part for the Apocalypse Build-a-figure, if you have a use for that.

5 hours ago, RED WOLF said:

Great information again. I'm not a big time collector. More of a quality vs quantity approach. I do prefer the cloth for clothing approach vs molded plastic. Very reminiscent of hot toys stuff and the sentinel mospeada figures. I dont mind waiting a few years or indefinitely for some figures. I'm in no rush and since I only collect character/figures I love from shows/comics/movies etc. that i love as well i dont have to worry about completing a set. I do however,  like to complete certain groups, dinobots, all 4 tmnt, etc. I'm mainly looking for Gambit, Wolv, Cyclops, and a few others. I'm glad we all have choices that fit our preferences. 

Really appreciate your help.

You mentioned Rogue, who else are you interested in?  

I’ve been petitioning for Gambit and Rogue hard so maybe they’ll happen, they don’t seem to read my Instagram or Twitter comments anymore though...

They tend to pick characters they can easily make multiples of as well.  Gambit doesn’t have many different looks I can think of.  Rogue actually has a couple that would work well with cloth though.  

3 hours ago, Mommar said:

The originsl Archangel release has different paint.  It’s metallic and shiny.  It looks really good, but it’s more of a modern style if only because digital comic book coloring makes it easier to make the costumes look flashy page for page.  The wings are more dull looking than the later release though.  You’d have to take a look and see what you like.  Personally, since I’m putting together the 90’s teams, I like the brighter, non-metallic colors because that better mimics the comics at that time.  Here’s what he looks like.

A95B9C93-4E80-4895-A8D7-51FD9177902F.thumb.jpeg.899f0bd54574494256798aa5b01933fe.jpeg

Another thing to consider is this earlier Archangel is just the figure and the wings.  The newer one comes with four swappable heads, one masked hero face, one unmasked Warren Worthington hero face, a masked Death head like his first appearance as one of the four horsemen, and an unmasked Warren Worthington evil face.  And an additional part for the Apocalypse Build-a-figure, if you have a use for that.

Thanks Mommar. So the later release is the one with metallic wings but flat body paint? And the first release is metallic body paint with dull wing paint? Just want to confirm if I understand correctly. And the latter release is the one with BAF part, correct? Is there any link or photo I can check for which is which?

Again, thanks for the insights on this. This is basically the first time I'm going to collect a group figure by Marvel. So I hope I'll get or be able to complete it without hassle. ;)

3 hours ago, Mommar said:

You mentioned Rogue, who else are you interested in?  

I’ve been petitioning for Gambit and Rogue hard so maybe they’ll happen, they don’t seem to read my Instagram or Twitter comments anymore though...

They tend to pick characters they can easily make multiples of as well.  Gambit doesn’t have many different looks I can think of.  Rogue actually has a couple that would work well with cloth though.  

Beast and maybe storm depending how they came out. I wouldn't mind the whole team honestly, but easily could just have wolverine,  cyclops and gambit. That cartoon was so amazing for its time. 

I hate being late to the party and having to go through Ebay for figures. $200+ for nycc tiger stripe wolverine sucks. I'm trying to wait it out for a good deal sub $150.  

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Thanks Mommar. So the later release is the one with metallic wings but flat body paint? And the first release is metallic body paint with dull wing paint? Just want to confirm if I understand correctly. And the latter release is the one with BAF part, correct? Is there any link or photo I can check for which is which?

Again, thanks for the insights on this. This is basically the first time I'm going to collect a group figure by Marvel. So I hope I'll get or be able to complete it without hassle. ;)

This is what the later release looks like.

9606de67-bdc5-4ad6-b996-27958080bcb6.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I preordered the gothic knight with the horse last night. It’s a bit pricey, but the sculpt on the Knight is actually a bit  different from the original version. This one also has a lance and the horse looks well articulated as well. So the price actually covers 2 action figures in one.

when I was very young I had a small plastic figurine of a Knight on a horse carrying a lance, and I always dreamed of an articulated action figure. I guess I’ll finally have that childhood dream.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/13/2018 at 6:39 PM, eXis10z said:

Revoltech Iron Man Mark 37 Bleeding Edge Armor
First prototype release
Scheduled to be released in May 2019

45849350_1885966031516373_5016870029086425088_n.jpg

wait, they're making a revoltech Winnie the Pooh? I feel like this is very important news that I've missed out on.

1 hour ago, anime52k8 said:

wait, they're making a revoltech Winnie the Pooh? I feel like this is very important news that I've missed out on.

Available still at BBTS for $69.99.

Edited by no3Ljm

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Had to do some research, but that Unit 01 is based off a cameo appearance he had in an anime called Shinkansen Robo Henkei Shinkalion about transforming train characters battling ancient forces trying to reclaim the Earth. In an episode, the main character travels to Tokyo-3 and meets none other than Shinji Ikari piloting a Shinkalion Eva Unit 01. The official toyline was produced by Takara, so a very reminiscent Transformers look. 

That Bleeding Edge Iron Man is gorgeous, as is that ludicrously over-armed War Machine.  Wonder Woman looks really good, too. I own some early 2000's Revoltech figs, mostly Evangelion, and while they were good, these are just works of art. For their size, I wish they weren't so expensive, but it is what it is. That Iron Man is tempting...so is that Eva Evo. Love me some Unit 01.

Edited by M'Kyuun

44 minutes ago, M'Kyuun said:

Um, so does Unit 01 Evo actually transform into a train? Odd, but, kinda cool, too. I wouldn't be surprised if Kawamori had a hand in designing this, as it wouldn't be the first non-transforming thing he's redesigned to transform. This looks like a true mecha, rather than the piloted artificial armored Angel that is the Evas.

That Bleeding Edge Iron Man is gorgeous, as is that ludicrously over-armed War Machine.  Wonder Woman looks really good, too. I own some early 2000's Revoltech figs, mostly Evangelion, and while they were good, these are just works of art. For their size, I wish they weren't so expensive, but it is what it is. That Iron Man is tempting...so is that Eva Evo. Love me some Unit 01.

It's an existing transforming toy, just with the colors shifted and a unit 01 head attached to it.