Arcadia Premium Finish Max and Miria 1/60 Super VF-1J

davidwhangchoi

Just now, jenius said:

You realize that Bandai is putting out a 1/48 VF-1 in a week right? 

Oh yeah I forgot it was 1/48. Splendid. I haven’t paid much attention to it as I am awaiting reviews. Whatever, still want as many new 1/48 Valkyries as I can get. Lol and not just VF-1’s either. 

Here's what they'll be competing against if they tried to make another 1/60 VF-1:

• Their own VF-1 figs (Yamato/Arcadia V2)
  • All the already existing Yamato VF-1 figs
  • The Kitz Concept 1/72 VF-1 figs
  • The Bandai 1/48 DX Chogokin VF-1
  • Yamato 1/48 VF-1

I think the 1/72 to 1/48 scale range of VF-1 is thoroughly saturated at this point.

Frankly the only reason I'm getting into the Bandai DX past the first unit is I only have 2 Yamato 1/48 scale ones.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

3 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Here's what they'll be competing against if they tried to make another 1/60 VF-1:

• Yamato 1/48 VF-1

I think the 1/72 to 1/48 scale range of VF-1 is thoroughly saturated at this point.

Frankly the only reason I'm getting into the Bandai DX past the first unit is I only have 2 Yamato 1/48 scale ones.

I am glad I cancelled my Bandai DX Chogokin VF-1J pre-order.  I just cannot deal with yet another scale.  I am too invested into the 1/60 (Yamato v2, Arcadia, DX Chogokin Macross Delta and Frontier) and the HMR to also go into the 1/48 toys too.   Just not enough space in my condo or money in my purse.

15 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

• Yamato 1/48 VF-1

That’s a short list compared to a great many anime properties. And a good deal of those items on the list are well over a decade old. Even still Arcadia still seems to have no problem selling these decade old reissues for bigger price tags than they were originally released at. It would come down to making a high quality product with some new bells and whistles. If you build it, Macross fans will come. 

Edited by SuperDimensionalDave

2 minutes ago, SuperDimensionalDave said:

Even still Arcadia still seems to have no problem selling these decade old reissues for bigger price tags than they were originally released at.

Not really, all their offerings are available for quite a long period after release, and at significant discounts in a lot of cases. My Arcadia VF-1J Miria cost 13,080yen new from Hobby Search...

5 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Not really, all their offerings are available for quite a long period after release, and at significant discounts in a lot of cases. My Arcadia VF-1J Miria cost 13,080yen new from Hobby Search...

I didn’t say they all sell out immediately. I’ve gotten GREAT deals on an Arcadia 1/60 Millia, Hikaru Strike (finally) and a 1/3000 SDF-1(non PF). Yet I can’t find much of anything else Arcadia Macross or ESPECIALLY Macross Zero (unused and new) for MSRP let alone below, often anyway. I do know this, If they weren’t making money with them they wouldn’t keep cranking them out. 

9 minutes ago, SuperDimensionalDave said:

That’s a short list compared to a great many anime properties. And a good deal of those items on the list are well over a decade old. Even still Arcadia still seems to have no problem selling these decade old reissues for bigger price tags than they were originally released at. It would come down to making a high quality product with some new bells and whistles. If you build it, Macross fans will come. 

I kind of agree with you on this.  New collectors may enter the scene and wish to buy recent re-issues.  Case in point... me.  I have been collecting for less than a year. I happily bought the Arcadia Max, Miria, Hikaru, and Roy VF-1 toys, as well as the VF-4G, rather than pursue their Yamato v2 predecessors, partly due to convenience and partly due to an improved hip latching mechanism.   Granted, I also bought a lot of Yamato v2 toys, but only in those cases where Arcadia did not yet have a re-release out.

5 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Forum tells me this topic is hot. New release announced? Important news? tl;dr please?

Sometimes people just discuss opinions, ideas and old or unimportant news on forums as well. 

16 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

WOW, 13,080 yen?  Was that when the valkyrie was available for pre-order?

14 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

WOW, 13,080 yen?  Was that when the valkyrie was available for pre-order?

That was Hobby Search's "get these out of here" sale. I wasn't even going to buy a Milia (as I'm not a fan of the VF-1J).

Now of course I have Milia and Max in PF, plus the normal Milia, plus other stuff...