Arcadia Premium Finish Max and Miria 1/60 Super VF-1J

davidwhangchoi

3 hours ago, neko878 said:

Thanks Technoblue!  Did yours come in?

It did, in fact. :D My mail carrier dropped by while I was heading out to work this morning. I need to decide if I'm going to open up the Valkyrie tonight, and take a quick look, or wait until the weekend when I have more spare time to enjoy the unboxing.

5 hours ago, technoblue said:

It did, in fact. :D My mail carrier dropped by while I was heading out to work this morning. I need to decide if I'm going to open up the Valkyrie tonight, and take a quick look, or wait until the weekend when I have more spare time to enjoy the unboxing.

Might be worth the wait and appreciate it more :lol:

1 hour ago, Whatever_Guy said:

Nice!, mine arrived on Monday and got around to opening it up last night. It's great to have Max/Milia together :)

Thanks!

Yup! I finally got to pair them up as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So we had a debate about hard points previously. I have acquired Yamato V2 Max & Miria toys and the Arcadia releases. I just put reaction missiles on my Arcadia Max for the first time, as I twisted the missile into position the hard point popped off. The Yamato toys have both handled their reaction missiles without issue. Arcadia really might have made things worse by trying to tighten up the tolerances. Fortunately, a dot of glue ought to solve everything (in fact, it fits so tight it stays in with the missiles without the glue but falls off when the missiles are touched)...  pretty lame.

3 hours ago, technoblue said:

Yikes! I wonder if it is worth trying to reinforce the hard points before using them with the larger reaction missiles, or if this is just a bum Valkyrie lottery where some will break no matter what?

I wouldn’t mod anything without trying first. My Arcadia M&M’s are both loaded up with Reaction Missiles all across with no issues. 

Sounds to me like it would be easier to mod the pylons than the wings? 

The way this issue seems to come and go, I'm wondering if it's because there's a lack of consistency in both the pylons and the hardpoints.  Might not be an issue in many cases, but get that rare combination of an oversized pylon trying to fit around an oversized hardpoint nub, and it might be all the plastic needs to break.

As a test, I'd try mounting weapons from older Yamato valks if you have some, and compare the fit.

Edited by Chronocidal

13 hours ago, jenius said:

So we had a debate about hard points previously. I have acquired Yamato V2 Max & Miria toys and the Arcadia releases. I just put reaction missiles on my Arcadia Max for the first time, as I twisted the missile into position the hard point popped off. The Yamato toys have both handled their reaction missiles without issue. Arcadia really might have made things worse by trying to tighten up the tolerances. Fortunately, a dot of glue ought to solve everything (in fact, it fits so tight it stays in with the missiles without the glue but falls off when the missiles are touched)...  pretty lame.

i told you:rolleyes: yamato v2.1-2.2 are best.  arcadia = mold degrading jk, i gave up on discussing macross seriously on MW and just check for pre-orders.

arcadia max had more hard point breakages reported than any of the yamato sets. i have to check my premium set boxed up.

Metals Builds are where it's at now fo me. i hope Bandai makes a Metal Build VF-1. 

The thing that confuses me most is that the hard points, other than the occasional breakage on the Yamato, were never problematic in the sense that Arcadia should have been trying to make them tighter. If anything, Arcadia should have been trying to make the missiles easier to put on and take off to alleviate the occasional breakage seen on the Yamato. I'm definitely not putting the reaction missiles on my PFs and that's a shame.

12 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Mold degradation in the hardpoints and pylons is going to lead to both of those parts getting larger over time.  It's inevitable really, they just might need tweaking to fit together safely.

If this is indeed the case I wonder if mold degradation is part of the reason for Arcadia to have not announced any further re-releases yet other than the 35th anniversary (which they may have been obligated to do). They have been rather consistent with the re-releases and I've been concerned that there aren't any more in the pipeline. I would hate for them to stop before they get to the VF-1D/VE-1/VT-1/Max TV VF-1A.

See, I was hoping that it was just a natural wear and tear on the molds issue, not something they screwed up on purpose. <_< 

Still, should be a relatively simple fix to unscrew what they screwed up.  Just file down the pylons and hardpoints until they fit without stressing the wings, and you should be good.

If we had any kind of customer support route that was reliable, I'd be emailing them and requesting replacement wings as backups.

This is why I don't load out the missiles. I remember my first foray on putting those when I bought my first used Yamato V2 Valk when I started this collection and noticed that the clips on the missile is loose and it got more worst when I tried to put it. In my head, I thought they should've just used small magnets for easy installation and removal.

On 11/8/2018 at 1:24 PM, Chronocidal said:

Sounds to me like it would be easier to mod the pylons than the wings? 

The way this issue seems to come and go, I'm wondering if it's because there's a lack of consistency in both the pylons and the hardpoints.  Might not be an issue in many cases, but get that rare combination of an oversized pylon trying to fit around an oversized hardpoint nub, and it might be all the plastic needs to break.

As a test, I'd try mounting weapons from older Yamato valks if you have some, and compare the fit.

Sounds like it'll work, sanding the pylon clips just a tad. Has anyone measured the pylon clips on the Yamato V2 and Arcadia? 1mm might not seem much but it would make a difference and explain why the connection is too tight on some samples.

9 hours ago, Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0 said:

Sounds like it'll work, sanding the pylon clips just a tad. Has anyone measured the pylon clips on the Yamato V2 and Arcadia? 1mm might not seem much but it would make a difference and explain why the connection is too tight on some samples.

You can "feel" the difference when trying to put the same missile on different valks, or even trying to put the Arcadia YF-19 missiles around. Thing is that most modern designs (YF-19, Bandai DX etc) use a softer plastic (the grey one) to grab the pylon.

The old VF-1 design did make use of this softer plastic inside the legs, but not the missiles that are mounted on hard & white plastic

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Bobby said:

so....slightly off topic, but I was at the pet store with my kids just looking around and turned the corner and saw these two birds just chilling in their cage and thought, "Hey, that looks like..." well, you know what I thought.

max_n_miria.jpg

Lol, nice. Their finish looks very premium. 

With talk of mold degredation, this MAAS Toy’s producing Robuttech toys, KC’s inbound 1/72 Veritech and Bandai’s DX Chogokin Valkyrie a few weeks away it sounds like Arcadia needs to start working on the 1/60 Valkyrie V3. That is if they wish to stay relevant as well as continue to charge the prices they ask. I’m tapping my fingers Arcadia...  

edit: Oh and I forgot their V2 has now been knocked off and is the premium format but half the price. Rare Yamato reissues are nice but give us something new guys. 

Edited by SuperDimensionalDave

Just now, SuperDimensionalDave said:

With talk of mold degredation, this MAAS Toy’s producing Robuttech toys and KC’s inbound 1/72 Veritech sounds like Arcadia needs to start working on the 1/60 Valkyrie V3 if they wish to stay relevant. As well as continue to charge the prices they ask. I’m tapping my fingers Arcadia...

Frankly I see no reason for Arcadia to attempt to compete with a V3 1/60 Valkyrie. There's so many other valkyries they could be making instead, ones where they're not fighting with everyone on the planet (including Yamato) for $$ over. They'd do better to make YF-21/VF-22, VF-11, and maybe start on the unrealized designs like VF-9 and VF-14.

There's almost zero rationale for Arcadia to spend money designing and producing a V3 that they'll have to sell on the slimmest of margins.

11 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Frankly I see no reason for Arcadia to attempt to compete with a V3 1/60 Valkyrie. There's so many other valkyries they could be making instead, ones where they're not fighting with everyone on the planet (including Yamato) for $$ over. They'd do better to make YF-21/VF-22, VF-11, and maybe start on the unrealized designs like VF-9 and VF-14.

There's almost zero rationale for Arcadia to spend money designing and producing a V3 that they'll have to sell on the slimmest of margins.

Oh I do want to see new stuff. Absolutely and in fact I also prefer the idea of that instead of a V3 1/60 they need to get to work on the 1/48 V2. As loose and difficult as they have become to make stand (ESP with SSP on) they’re still my favorites. Then there’s no current competition as nobody else is making anything Macross anywhere near in that scale, currently at least.  Surely their profit margins will be slimmer but I mean, well thats what happens when you stop reissuing 10-15 year old toys for twice their original price or more. That’s nice for them I'm sure but hardly a sustainable business model. 

Edited by SuperDimensionalDave