Arcadia Premium Finish Max and Miria 1/60 Super VF-1J

davidwhangchoi

I'm sticking with non premium after my Roy... though now I'm wondering if preordering Miria is dumb because so many will cancel their preorders and it will make it to ask HLJ sale and then have it shipped with a Max.

See.. you have a good point there, and I hope Arcadia realizes what it's doing to its own sales.

I have the regular Miria preordered at HLJ, and I was going to grab a Max too down the line, but I already have the Yamato releases.  I just wanted a second set to display in a different mode really, but it's by no means a must-have thing for me.

With the premium finish version coming out, are the regular releases going to become bargain bin fodder for things like HLJ's Black Friday sales?  I feel like it might be entirely worth just cancelling my preorder, and waiting to see how cheap they go.

2 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Just so you guys know, if you display these in Battroid mode, all those nice little premium finish NO STEP's aren't  noticeable at all from the front...just something to think about.

i came here to see if someone thought the same thing. looks like i'm keeping my original po.

mebbe.

4 hours ago, jenius said:

I'm sticking with non premium after my Roy... though now I'm wondering if preordering Miria is dumb because so many will cancel their preorders and it will make it to ask HLJ sale and then have it shipped with a Max.

4 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

See.. you have a good point there, and I hope Arcadia realizes what it's doing to its own sales.

I have the regular Miria preordered at HLJ, and I was going to grab a Max too down the line, but I already have the Yamato releases.  I just wanted a second set to display in a different mode really, but it's by no means a must-have thing for me.

With the premium finish version coming out, are the regular releases going to become bargain bin fodder for things like HLJ's Black Friday sales?  I feel like it might be entirely worth just cancelling my preorder, and waiting to see how cheap they go.

Won't happen.

Arcadia has been very good (or bad depending on your point of view) with limiting quantities. The only real shelf-warmer they had besides the ugly 30th Anniversary VF-1J was the VF-0A which had the leg/knee/whatever issue.

I'd put money on it by way of keeping my pre-orders or pre-ordering sooner vs. later.

-b.

On 7/29/2017 at 7:52 PM, davidwhangchoi said:

since premium roy and hikaru has their own thread, thought we may need one for premium max and miria

qa9xzcZ.jpg

IF0GB5e.jpg

so, who's canceling their normal orders and getting theseB))

On 7/29/2017 at 8:59 PM, seti88 said:

Hmm dammit.. arcadia SDF-1 or these bad boys....

I cancelled my regular Millia VF-1J PO at HLJ last month. Finding out recently that there will be Premium Finish of SDF-1, I think it's better to allocate my budget on that one instead since I'm really not that attached to these couple's VF-1J Valkyries. :rolleyes:

On 7/30/2017 at 2:13 AM, jenius said:

Wow, the joke about the stupidest thing they could do became a reality. 

I agree.  :good: They're starting to flooding the market with different versions even though it's limited in quantities both versions. I'm not going to re-buy my Valks in Premium Finish. I'm just going to wait for their new products instead.

23 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Just so you guys know, if you display these in Battroid mode, all those nice little premium finish NO STEP's aren't  noticeable at all from the front...just something to think about.

Still not stopping me for applying decals on my Valks. Hehehe. ^_^

2 hours ago, monishb said:

Anyone know when they are scheduled for release?

Here you go. From Page 1.

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 11:52 PM, F360 said:

things to consider from the pics

The 23544 yen is the MSRP of the regular ver.

The price and the release date from the tag is for august which is the regular release ver.

The words in the yellow section of the Premium finish flyer is something like (To be announced, To be determine, work in progress)  well that's what google translate tells me.

Also If it's a premium ver MSRP there's no discount just like the previous vf-1s roy and Hikaru premium. (the HLJ hikaru was not the norm) 

here's my conclusion from all this.

They are working on a Premium finish ver, price and date is yet to be determine.

The regular ver is on schedule,  Millia due to release in August, Max due to release in December, their MSRP is 23544 yen.

Maybe this should be it's own topic, but I am interested in peoples opinions who have bought the premium finish arcadia toys.  I decided to opt out, I don't need a 4th Roy and I have no interest in collecting DYRL so they were easy to pass for my collection.  After reading and watching Jenius's reviews, it sounds like the tampo is delicate.  As he said, it seems like unless you are right on top of them the new tampo doesn't have much impact visually.  Is that worth an extra $40 to $50?  Will that price increase hold true for the M&M or do you expect it to be higher?    For $40 it interests me to go for it, but not if it increases the worry when handling.   

I am going to keep one of my regular versions of the Miliya, and then order the premium. It will be my first premium, and so I am a little concerned if the tampo is indeed a little delicate, but from what I've experienced in the past, it's been pretty solid. With all the extra unassembled kits I have, I may not even need a premium version, as I can just use those decals, but why not at least one. Geez, I feel like I'm making up for not having a M&M all these years.

It is pretty bad that they announce it much later, but because they may be perceiving these releases as unknown territory (the Hikaru and Roy are always good sellers), maybe they waited to see how well the preorders went for the Miliya, and after a warm reception, they made the decision later?

13 hours ago, MikeRoz said:

How angry is N-Y going to get at me if I cancel?

EDIT: Also willing to give my pre-order slot to another member if interested.

I've cancelled two things before, and had a payment slip once, and they've been fine with me.  Maybe because I've bought a lot of stuff with them the past four years.

7 hours ago, auberondreaming said:

Maybe this should be it's own topic, but I am interested in peoples opinions who have bought the premium finish arcadia toys.  I decided to opt out, I don't need a 4th Roy and I have no interest in collecting DYRL so they were easy to pass for my collection.  After reading and watching Jenius's reviews, it sounds like the tampo is delicate.  As he said, it seems like unless you are right on top of them the new tampo doesn't have much impact visually.  Is that worth an extra $40 to $50?  Will that price increase hold true for the M&M or do you expect it to be higher?    For $40 it interests me to go for it, but not if it increases the worry when handling.   

You can probably apply a light topcoat if you're really concern about the tampo prints. And by doing so, you're not just protecting the tampos, you're also protecting the plastic as well. Or you can just use a cloth inspection gloves when handling these babies.

On 7/31/2017 at 3:12 PM, jenius said:

Given how hard it was to get either one of these over the last several years, that's a game I ain't willing to play! 

As someone who's had to scrounge for decals and print his own, I love that the premium finish has all its markings printed on.

However, the only two releases so far are duplicates for me, so they're somewhat superfluous for me. For a new collector who doesn't yet have Hikaru or Roy, I would recommend the premium finish over the standard release.

I'm looking forward to the premium finish version of Max and Miria as I never had those to begin with. And the premium finish SDF-1 looks fantastic.

8 hours ago, Lolicon said:

I'm looking forward to the premium finish version of Max and Miria as I never had those to begin with. And the premium finish SDF-1 looks fantastic.

I don't need both versions. I don't need both versions. I don't need both versions.

Ugh. Now look what you've done. :p:lol:

• 1 month later...

Here's more info:

1/60 VF-1J Super Valkyrie Premium Finish (Millia)
Release Date: August 2018
Price: Y25800 / Y27864
Preorder Date: September 15 - October 13, 2017

1/60 VF-1J Super Valkyrie Premium Finish (Max)
Release Date: February 2018
Price: Y25800 / Y27864
Preorder Date: September 15 - October 13, 2017