Arcadia Premium Finish Max and Miria 1/60 Super VF-1J

davidwhangchoi

I'd get these instead of the regular ones. Have to ask N-Y nicely though, but I have a good purchase record with them.

JPY23544 less 8% is JPY21800, not as bad as the difference between regular Hikaru/Roy 1S and premium finish versions.

Edited by barurutor

36 minutes ago, barurutor said:

I'd get these instead of the regular ones. Have to ask N-Y nicely though, but I have a good purchase record with them.

JPY23544 less 8% is JPY21800, not as bad as the difference between regular Hikaru/Roy 1S and premium finish versions.

21800 is the regular version SRP

Hmm, Looks like I may actually cancel my normal miria and get the premium. I already have the first releases from Yamato and was getting a set of the arcadia's for backup purposes.

When do these open up for order?

I don't know about cancel but I might just get both, wth. Reviews of the premiums haven't been great and I don't decal my valks anyway but my lifelong dream of owning M&M is finally happening in several ways (got the HMR set) so might as well go all out. The time it takes to do a decent job myself is worth paying the premium price instead to me. 

4 minutes ago, dapro said:

What is the difference between regular and premium? 

All the decals are pre-applied tampo on premium finish valkyries. But they're not topcoated afterwards so bumps/rubs/scrapes can remove them if you're not careful.

3 minutes ago, barurutor said:

All the decals are pre-applied tampo on premium finish valkyries. But they're not topcoated afterwards so bumps/rubs/scrapes can remove them if you're not careful.

^This. Plus, you get different packaging which is similar to the old 1/48 scale black-box packaging, but without the flip-top lid.

things to consider from the pics

The 23544 yen is the MSRP of the regular ver.

The price and the release date from the tag is for august which is the regular release ver.

The words in the yellow section of the Premium finish flyer is something like (To be announced, To be determine, work in progress)  well that's what google translate tells me.

Also If it's a premium ver MSRP there's no discount just like the previous vf-1s roy and Hikaru premium. (the HLJ hikaru was not the norm) 

here's my conclusion from all this.

They are working on a Premium finish ver, price and date is yet to be determine.

The regular ver is on schedule,  Millia due to release in August, Max due to release in December, their MSRP is 23544 yen.

So people will be dumping non premiums and then order premiums. What a waste of time vs announcing both at the same time, the versions. What is this BS work in progress about? its the same parts, same method, same tempos on the parts, It doesn't take any extra or new engineering or time to develop these. The molds are done, just recolors.. Arggh Arcadia so unfriendly.

I kind of really don't want to dump my preorder just to spend more for tampo, but my DX valks have kind of ruined my ability to live without it. :(

Edited by anime52k8

11 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

yG8eBo6.jpg

so, who's canceling their normal orders and getting theseB))

Definitely not me :D, I have the regular Hikaru Ichijo and it looks beautiful, so I'm fine with the regular preorder of Miria for now, maybe if I had the extra cash I could it go for a Premium but who knows. ^_^

haha I predicted that Arcadia would do this, which is why I didn't want to place an order until the premium versions were announced.  We should expect this to be their procedure for future releases and decide now which version you prefer to collect, if not both.  B))