Hi-Metal R Optional Parts Proyect for VF-1s

EmilianoAlfaro

How are fans of Macross? I have started to work on obtaining the optional parts for the VFs of the Hi-Metal R VF-1 models. I plan to manufacture the same parts launched by Yamato for the VFs in scale 1/60 (lateral breast covers and pilot seat to place in the nape in battroid mode) and in addition to make new pilots of TV version, since the originals are really horrible and are out of scale. I also copied the blanket of the shoulders since in the models VF-1S of Roy and hikaru they did not come when these models were released.

I leave some photos of the work in progress. The shoulder blanket was really good, all the details were copied with great precision by the rubber mold, I'm really very happy, when I paint it sure will look like the original.

The pilot's seat needs a lot of work still sculpted and detailed, but they can give an idea of how it will look.

Greetings and I hope to be able to advance soon! ...

IMG_20170722_225132.jpg

IMG_20170722_225149.jpg

IMG_20170722_224556.jpg

IMG_20170722_225046.jpg

IMG_20170722_225052.jpg

IMG_20170722_224312.jpg

IMG_20170722_224424.jpg

IMG_20170722_224240.jpg

IMG_20170722_224230.jpg

14 hours ago, EmilianoAlfaro said:

Just thinking about how many shoulder covers you need for your vf-1s has left me exhausted hahahaha

Yeah I would need at least 6.  Are you going to make a modified shoulder cover for the Armored Valkyrie?

23 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Great project!  We need more HMR accessories.....If you sell them I will buy some.....

Same here!  I'd buy them.

EmilianoAlfaro are you able to reproduce the neck parts?

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

Yeah I would need at least 6.  Are you going to make a modified shoulder cover for the Armored Valkyrie?

Same here!  I'd buy them.

EmilianoAlfaro are you able to reproduce the neck parts?

I Buy the GBP about 10 days, I'll be receiving it in about 20 days. Is the shoulder cover for GBP different from VF1?

My idea is to make molds of all manufactured parts to be able to reproduce them, including the effects of missiles and adaptations of them for the GBP. It will take me a while because the resin I use takes 4 days to dry completely, so if there are defects in the piece I need 4 more days to do another test. As soon as I get some finished pieces I will go up the results.

International shipments from my country (Argentina) are expensive and not very reliable, so I think it is convenient to wait until the kits are completely finished so it is convenient to make a shipment.

I will go making several molds from the blankets and other pieces to speed up the copying process.

6 minutes ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Very glad to see this, and looking forward to seeing the development!

I don't think I'll want as many shoulder covers as sh9000, but I would at least be interested in a couple. The prospect of side covers and larger TV pilots is also very appealing for me.

I believe that the side coverss are very possible to manufacture, only it is necessary to analyze that fixation points existing in the valkyrie can be used to hold them. That is the most complicated point.

Another point is the design of the same, since those manufactured by yamato do not correspond to those seen on TV, do you like the pattern of the image or the Yamato?

Sin título.jpg

vf1covers.jpg

45 minutes ago, EmilianoAlfaro said:

I believe that the side coverss are very possible to manufacture, only it is necessary to analyze that fixation points existing in the valkyrie can be used to hold them. That is the most complicated point.

Another point is the design of the same, since those manufactured by yamato do not correspond to those seen on TV, do you like the pattern of the image or the Yamato?

Personally, I would prefer the design of the TV show animation in the top image. But if you end up making the Yamato design, I would probably still buy.

1 hour ago, EmilianoAlfaro said:

International shipments from my country (Argentina) are expensive and not very reliable, so I think it is convenient to wait until the kits are completely finished so it is convenient to make a shipment.

At least, shipping to Chile shouldn't be too expensive, right? 

3 hours ago, EmilianoAlfaro said:

I Buy the GBP about 10 days, I'll be receiving it in about 20 days. Is the shoulder cover for GBP different from VF1?

The shoulder cover would have to be different because the chest armor covers part of the shoulders.

I would be ok with a group buy with anyone else in the US to help lower the overall shipping cost.

Are you able to make the 2 parts that make the neck joint?  Can you make TV arm armors?

Thank you.  It's very cool that you have stepped up to do this.

Edited by sh9000

50 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

The shoulder cover would have to be different because the chest armor covers part of the shoulders.

I would be ok with a group buy with anyone else in the US to help lower the overall shipping cost.

Are you able to make the 2 parts that make the neck joint?  Can you make TV arm armors?

Thank you.  It's very cool that you have stepped up to do this.

PM send ...

The master of the pilot's seat is finished, I hope I can make the mold tomorrow. I also have the first copy of the movie pilot version so I can start making the modifications to get the TV version. I made another shoulder mold so I could make two copies at a time because of the long drying times.

Tomorrow I upload some photos, it's a slow process, but I'm on my way. I hope the next week can start with the side blankets.

Yesterday I opened my missile effects to see if possible its cloning. I think pod missiles are extremely difficult to copy without breaking the original model to make the molds. The rest of the missiles seem very feasible to copy, will be my next project when I finish the optional parts.

Hey guys, I leave some photos of the work in progress. The master of the neck pieces are finished. I also made a copy of the pilot film version to be able to make the modifications for the TV pilot. I hope to start working soon on the side blankets to finish the kit. Hope you like. Regards!

IMG_20170727_224748.jpg

IMG_20170727_224847.jpg

IMG_20170727_225126.jpg

IMG_20170727_225146.jpg

IMG_20170727_225333.jpg

IMG_20170727_225358.jpg

IMG_20170727_225421.jpg

IMG_20170727_225433.jpg

IMG_20170727_225441.jpg

IMG_20170727_225449.jpg

IMG_20170727_225534.jpg

IMG_20170727_225613.jpg

IMG_20170727_225716.jpg

IMG_20170727_230005.jpg

Gracias! Todavía no tengo definido que voy hacer, la idea es realizar los moldes de todo para poder reproducirlos. Todo depende del resultado final, si la calidad de las copias es buena y es posible realizar una tirada amplia seguramente los ofrezca a los demás usuarios del sitio. No me sentiría bien si me comprometo con algo que no puedo cumplir o si no quedo conforme con la calidad de las piezas. Esperemos que salgan bien las copias! me encantaría compartirlo con todos.

Con respecto al precio es algo realmente difícil de valuar, quiero al menos finalizar este kit y los pilotos tv version para que valga la pena para los "potenciales" compradores pagar un envío (el cual, en el mejor de los casos ronda los u$s20). Si llego a venderlos solo cobraría por los materiales y los envíos, no es mi idea hacer dinero con esto, para mi es un hooby y lo hago para mis modelos, pero si puedo compartirlo con otras personas mucho mejor. Tengo muchas otras ideas en mente para los hi-metal, solo espero hacerme un poco mas de tiempo entre el trabajo y demás obligaciones de la vida diaria.

Saludos!

Very cool project, it's great that you thought of doing this!  I've decided to focus primarily on 1/100 scale, and I would love to order some of these once they become available. B))

Some progress, I am making copies of the blankets of the shoulders and the seats. I am also performing the molds of the effects of bandai missiles to be able to reproduce them with some modifications and improvements. But I'm having problems with the side blankets: I already find how to fix the piece to the chest but there is a problem with the bandai design (not present in the 1/60 yamato as this piece is concealed in the chest). Part of the turbine blanket protrudes from the chest making it impossible to fit a piece straight, any ideas?

01.jpg

The problem is not where to fix it (I will use the inner hole in the chest where the legs are fixed in airplane mode). The problem is that this tip protrudes from the chest not allowing the blanket to stand upright. I'll try as you see by giving it a little angle, but the truth is that it's a bit frustrating. I wish the blanket was "in line" with the edge of the chest. :(

6 hours ago, EmilianoAlfaro said:

The problem is not where to fix it (I will use the inner hole in the chest where the legs are fixed in airplane mode). The problem is that this tip protrudes from the chest not allowing the blanket to stand upright. I'll try as you see by giving it a little angle, but the truth is that it's a bit frustrating. I wish the blanket was "in line" with the edge of the chest. :(

I believe I see what you mean -- that little corner of the side piece in fighter mode still sticks out some in battroid. I think if you were to make the side cover extend down just 1mm further than the chest, it might work and still look good.