Kidslogic robotech SDF-1 statue

seti88

It looks good in this video.

The price will be too much though. If they had some small valkyries on it, moving main guns, and if it was the same price as the VF-1 cockpit I would consider it.

I'm sorry...the lights are just.....all in the wrong spots!! The only ones that look cool and like they belong are the ones on the deck of the Prometheous. The paint work and weathering look nice, but again...the SDF-1 wasn't grey or silver!!! It was off white!!! It almost looks like someone who has watched to many Micheal Bay Transformers movies got a hold of the thing and just stuck..bits..all over it.

18 hours ago, tekering said:

Be careful what you wish for...

And now we know why they didn't show it lit up!

Blinking lights crammed into the ends of the gun barrels... just what were they thinking?

*shakes head in disbelief*

18 hours ago, tekering said:

Instead, those garish colors and nonsensical placement give the model an effective sense of... holiday decoration.  

Man, if they'd gone all-out and done it up like in the christmas episode with lights strung across it... I would at least give them points for courage.

Edited by JB0

10 minutes ago, Focslain said:

That is cheaper then I thought it be.

Still expensive, but about average for it's size.

Same here given the price of the cockpit. I'm not an expert on the look of the SDF-1. If they make those additions in my previous post this is a maybe for me.

The oversized, crude detailing is partly what kills the piece. The overall proportions look good, but to properly convey a sense of scale, the details would need to be much finer. The Christmas tree effect is the real nail-in-the-coffin, though: no proper warship would be covered in such an array of useless lights! It's almost like they're taunting me to come out of retirement...<_<

23 minutes ago, captain america said:

The oversized, crude detailing is partly what kills the piece. The overall proportions look good, but to properly convey a sense of scale, the details would need to be much finer. The Christmas tree effect is the real nail-in-the-coffin, though: no proper warship would be covered in such an array of useless lights! It's almost like they're taunting me to come out of retirement...<_<

You gonna make a four-foot resin model of the SDF-1? That'll be a build thread for the ages.

40 minutes ago, captain america said:

I could make something waaaaaay better than that statue at 1/3000.

I know I'll be attacked for this, Cap'n, but I urge you not to waste your valuable time and considerable talent on mecha that have already been done (and done, and done, and done again).  Macross has been exhausted, and yet Bandai, Arcadia, Hasegawa, Metalbox and countless others continue going back to the same well... so it'll be done again soon.

The Southern Cross market may be significantly smaller, but it's been virtually ignored for decades now, and there are some timeless designs waiting to be realized in physical form.  Looking for a new challenge?  Tackle the iconic Bioroid.  Prefer something relatively simple?  A decent Spartas Hover Tank would be an easy project for you, and we'd be all over it.

Plus, you can charge whatever you want, and we'll bite; no competing product on the radar, or even on the horizon.  ^_^

1 hour ago, tekering said:

I know I'll be attacked for this, Cap'n, but I urge you not to waste your valuable time and considerable talent on mecha that have already been done (and done, and done, and done again).  Macross has been exhausted, and yet Bandai, Arcadia, Hasegawa, Metalbox and countless others continue going back to the same well... so it'll be done again soon.

The Southern Cross market may be significantly smaller, but it's been virtually ignored for decades now, and there are some timeless designs waiting to be realized in physical form.  Looking for a new challenge?  Tackle the iconic Bioroid.  Prefer something relatively simple?  A decent Spartas Hover Tank would be an easy project for you, and we'd be all over it.

Plus, you can charge whatever you want, and we'll bite; no competing product on the radar, or even on the horizon.  ^_^

I would support Bioroids, spartas and Ajacs (was that the name of the helicopters?) for sure

• 3 months later...

Waitwaitwait.... "vacuum tube digital sound system"?

Really?

REALLY?!

They're actually going to cram one of those dumb-nuts hipster retrotech vacuum tube amps into the base so it has to be plugged into a wall to make sounds? Why not go whole hog and store the sound clips on an 8-track too? Is that the point at which things become "too hard"? You can't check ONE MORE bullet point and use a crappy storage mechanism to go with your crappy amp? Heck, even ompact casstte wold get that pseudo-nostalga cachet.

On 11/14/2017 at 5:31 AM, jvmacross said:

The base is the only interesting thing about this awful TV SDF-1 rendition....

They can make this just a bit more fun by including a couple of small flashlights that cam be removed from the base.

dim the room, sit back , and shine the flashlight on the surface of the sdf-1 , moving it around while yelling like a typical anime girl. :D    Instant live pinpoint barriers action.  

But need to keep pets away as they will jump at the moving light. 

• 5 months later...
On ‎2017‎/‎07‎/‎29 at 6:01 PM, tekering said:

Given this post are you aware of this upcoming project I am proposing for Cap?  http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/45456-roil-tiluvo-bioroid-assault-craft-model/

I might go for Bioroids later if this is successful.