M "The Ride" : VF-1X++ custom

Xigfrid

That Vf-1X++ is really amazing, your white painting is faultless, the larger wings. Did you use Kurisama's head or Frameout's?

Together with @valhary, we are preparing a resin copy of this project that will be a great alternative to shapeways parts. So hopefully we will see more of these VF-1X++ in the future :)

Edited by Xigfrid

That's really cool. You're going to recast the parts you've made? For the head, I used Frameout's head. I can't wait to see the stuff you're working on in the near future. If you do work on anything new for this project, I hope you are able to do a wing replacement with the lead edge shield on the wing and the extended flap.

In fact that would be a direct recast of shapeways wsf parts. That means the parts will need to be sanded and drilled, but being in resin, this would be 3x times easier ;)

If the first recast sells well, a renewal (v2?) can be imagined of course. I am planing to model a few parts optimized for resin for instance and why not recasting the complete wings by then.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Very interesting. That's a great idea. I'm going to be redesigning those two top pieces so they look a little more accurate to the images of the MtR books. I think that's about all I want go change at this point.

2 hours ago, Jasonc said:

Very interesting. That's a great idea. I'm going to be redesigning those two top pieces so they look a little more accurate to the images of the MtR books. I think that's about all I want go change at this point.

Your custom already looks really good as is.  But I can understand wanting to improve your work.

3 hours ago, valhary said:

Hey Jason!

If you redesigning the mini ailerons let me know because mine only provisional not final (no like me at 100%)

I'll let you know when I start them and post pics as I do them.

• 5 months later...

Looks great amigo. Love some of those details!

So this is 1/60 and the parts from shapeways will work on either Arcadia or Yamato , yes?

I do believe I’ve sold all my 1/60 VF-1 toy vaks, but wondering about THIS as a candidate..large.97CE4626-4846-4B06-AA5A-3C98021A26DB.jpeg.2bb7b9f3ace7f81b9a20008c74c78df4.jpeg

Nice set of decals. I am still needing to make those back ailerons. I am hoping to soon be able to get back into redesigning the upper verniers that lead to the wings. I've been so busy, but I hope I can do this soon.

35 minutes ago, valhary said:

That sounds great to me because still have the intention to simplify the back

I think that way would be less fragile without fear at transformation time 

That's the main idea. I will try to make a clip into the upper intake so that it provides some stability, but I'll start drafting it out this weekend. Between work and school, I haven't as much time as I used to.

• 4 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, valhary said:

yes I considering cut the fins

and the wings are the Xigfrid upgrade parts

Do they fold ok in battroid? I had to go with the originals because they weren't folding well in battroid. I tried to use them, but I want to make sure they collapse properly.