Arcadia SDF-1 Movie version 1/3000 reissue

Darotower

I wonder if there is going to be an influx of cheap standard version 1/3000 scale SDF-1's on the market with the PF release being out now.

I will have to keep an eye out....

(*looks at display cabinet*)

... or I would have, if I had room for another SDF-1.

*sigh*

9 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I wonder if there is going to be an influx of cheap standard version 1/3000 scale SDF-1's on the market with the PF release being out now.

*sigh*

It's ok, you can always do the wall mount that tekering did! Get it........before it's gone......

47 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

From the previous page.

Thanks Sanity, already saw the pic from Mommar. Was wondering if there are other pics available showing the city on the premium.

Just now, brouken said:

Thanks Sanity, already saw the pic from Mommar. Was wondering if there are other pics available showing the city on the premium.

Well, give me about 3-4days for mine to show and I'll post one, if nobody else has by then.

5 hours ago, brouken said:

Is it confirmed that Macross city has flourescent highlights on the PF? Any other pic of the city?

Here's mine.  It's a tricky area to light and photograph, but it looks cool.  B))

5ae9095702b78_Macrosscity.thumb.jpg.272f6f828d230978c1fadb44338c0031.jpg

8 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Haha, I figure screws would be required for any wall mount. Are there holes in the base for it or you just drilled through?

I drilled my own holes.  It's very secure.  ^_^

5ae90b6e1c11e_wallmount.thumb.jpg.57872ee9871125a62733acc2187a53e2.jpg

22 minutes ago, tekering said:

Here's mine.  It's a tricky area to light and photograph, but it looks cool.  B))

I drilled my own holes.  It's very secure.  ^_^

5ae90b6e1c11e_wallmount.thumb.jpg.57872ee9871125a62733acc2187a53e2.jpg

Nice! The city looks painted even if very basic and the wall mount seems perfect. 

6 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

*sigh*

I don't thinks so. The basic edition owners will still retain their's because, well it's still cheaper to have owned one.

1 hour ago, fenrir72 said:

The basic edition owners will still retain their's because, well it's still cheaper to have owned one.

DOES NOT COMPUTE  :wacko:

I'm selling mine.  An old friend who can't afford the Premium Finish version will be happy to claim my Yammie.  ^_^

30 minutes ago, tekering said:

DOES NOT COMPUTE  :wacko:

I'm selling mine.  An old friend who can't afford the Premium Finish version will be happy to claim my Yammie.  ^_^

You already answered the quandry.  Your buddy will gladly "adopt" your "cheaper?" version. The premium finish, despite it beauteous "bling", is still like 2 to 3x more expensive. Unless you got yours not at secondary market prices, which would be fine. Getting them at secondary market prices............this does not compute.

Congrats anyway to those who got the Premium version. And also, to your buddy who will treasure the base version (an equally beautiful work of mechanical engineering.:wub:

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Discounted item. 

Crushed box or accumulated points? I buy from hlj time to time and they don't give you the option to accumulate your purchase points from which you can unload it on a particular purchase. It's just like an automatic discount on the latest item. That or I'm doing it wrong with 'em.:lol:

1 hour ago, fenrir72 said:

Crushed box or accumulated points? I buy from hlj time to time and they don't give you the option to accumulate your purchase points from which you can unload it on a particular purchase. It's just like an automatic discount on the latest item. That or I'm doing it wrong with 'em.:lol:

They sometimes give coupon codes if there's an error on their part, as seen over the YF-19 thread. 

7 hours ago, tekering said:

Thanks Tekering! That looks cool indeed! Now I'm thinking of how best to display mine to show off the city as well. :wub:

22 minutes ago, tekering said:

Difficult to capture the glow-in-the-dark effect in camera, but I've done what I could with multiple-exposures:

PF-SDF-1.thumb.jpg.a5e2d3138023438abfe938b0d1a97070.jpg

I wonder how the inner lights on the main cannon do not get destroyed when it is fired.

Ok. I suppose the SDF-1's main cannon could be using some form of magnetic confinement fusion, injecting plasma into the area between the cannon pylons, where the pylons themselves act as the magnetic confinement mechanism. I suppose then the pylons can also double as a kind of plasma railgun, adjusting the magnetic confinement field to propel the plasma towards the enemy. This could explain why we sometimes see those pylons somewhat disintegrate on occasion within the show, as perhaps the confinement is destabilized in battle or firing the cannons is rushed when the state of the plasma is not fully under control.

Now my mind is recalling all the stuff we covered back in my undergraduate nuclear engineering seminar elective. Fun fact, MIT has its own research reactor that does the whole magnetic confinement of plasma thing. The roofs of many of the buildings on campus are equipped with radiation detectors as a precaution. The reactor actually makes money for the school, irradiating silicon ingots, which can then be sliced into a bunch of circular wafers for use in microprocessor fabrication.

Now I wonder, what is the nature of the main cannon's attack supposed to be in canon?

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

Wow, that looks impressive!

And Shizuka, from what I remember Seto Kaiba saying, the cannon exchanges matter in this dimension with super-dimensional quanta, which comes to this dimension charged. It then gets projected toward the enemy, damaging them through transfer of kinetic energy as well as the particles themselves reacting energetically on contact. 

Look up the Super Fun Time Valkyrie thread as well as the Newbie Questions thread in the Movies and TV Series topic for a far better explanation. The Macross Cannon was only the first model, after all. It was miniaturized and improved for use by the later Valkyries...

Edited by Sildani

3 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I wonder how the inner lights on the main cannon do not get destroyed when it is fired.

Ok. I suppose the SDF-1's main cannon could be using some form of magnetic confinement fusion, injecting plasma into the area between the cannon pylons, where the pylons themselves act as the magnetic confinement mechanism. I suppose then the pylons can also double as a kind of plasma railgun, adjusting the magnetic confinement field to propel the plasma towards the enemy. This could explain why we sometimes see those pylons somewhat disintegrate on occasion within the show, as perhaps the confinement is destabilized in battle or firing the cannons is rushed when the state of the plasma is not fully under control.

Now my mind is recalling all the stuff we covered back in my undergraduate nuclear engineering seminar elective. Fun fact, MIT has its own research reactor that does the whole magnetic confinement of plasma thing. The roofs of many of the buildings on campus are equipped with radiation detectors as a precaution. The reactor actually makes money for the school, irradiating silicon ingots, which can then be sliced into a bunch of circular wafers for use in microprocessor fabrication.

Now I wonder, what is the nature of the main cannon's attack supposed to be in canon?

What your saying is scary if applied in reality (Macross guns etc)

25 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

In some pics ive seen the fluorescent paint seems like its globbed on there. Is that the case or is it smooth?

It's all hand-painted, so it's a little rough in spots... if you get up close enough to notice.  ;)  

12 minutes ago, neko878 said:

Did you have to power it up with a bright light before the pic?

Yeah, I set the camera on a 12-second timer, and kill my key light just before the shutter opens.  Timing's crucial, 'cause the effect fades pretty quickly.

35 minutes ago, tekering said:

It's all hand-painted, so it's a little rough in spots... if you get up close enough to notice.  ;)  

Yeah, I set the camera on a 12-second timer, and kill my key light just before the shutter opens.  Timing's crucial, 'cause the effect fades pretty quickly.

The one thing about the florescent paint thing that bothers me with the PF SDF-1 is that I would have thought people would keep their valuable collectible toys generally away from bright light, in order to prevent plastic from yellowing or paint fading.  But here, it is practically begging us to charge it up with bright light.

I feel so conflicted!

32 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

The one thing about the florescent paint thing that bothers me with the PF SDF-1 is that I would have thought people would keep their valuable collectible toys generally away from bright light, in order to prevent plastic from yellowing or paint fading.  But here, it is practically begging us to charge it up with bright light.

I feel so conflicted!

would a black light work the same or does it have to be a full blast of direct white light??

1 hour ago, neko878 said:

Pic looks amazing in the dark. 

Did you have to power it up with a bright light before the pic?  Or did you use a blacklight?

Absolutely gorgeous pics!

I passed on this one in the hope that a TV version will come out some time in the future, but I wish I had bought one after seeing your pics...