Arcadia SDF-1 Movie version 1/3000 reissue

Darotower

44 minutes ago, gingaio said:

Nice, Dragonstar. Are the arms pretty easy to get on and off? 

They were stiff the first time.. actually they were a pain to put on the first time lol but now it's really easy too. It just about applying the  right pressure 

3 hours ago, dragonstar1982 said:

So finally finished the decals. I think because their so old I'm gonna and a layer of glow in the dark paint to them. After that I'm going to start with more of the weathering. My wife is still giving me the stink eye with how much this cost lol.

20170912_211418.jpg

Ooooh. SDF-1. Pretty soon. I'm going to have my own. ^_^

3 hours ago, dragonstar1982 said:

They were stiff the first time.. actually they were a pain to put on the first time lol but now it's really easy too. It just about applying the  right pressure 

Thanks. Yeah, when the PF SDF-1 comes in, I'm gonna need like an instructional video on how to do it properly. I had a hell of time trying to get the arms on the original Yamato release and eventually just put everything back in the box. 

21 hours ago, dragonstar1982 said:

So finally finished the decals. I think because their so old I'm gonna and a layer of glow in the dark paint to them. After that I'm going to start with more of the weathering. My wife is still giving me the stink eye with how much this cost lol.

20170912_211418.jpg

Nice work!

On 9/13/2017 at 10:38 AM, gingaio said:

Thanks. Yeah, when the PF SDF-1 comes in, I'm gonna need like an instructional video on how to do it properly. I had a hell of time trying to get the arms on the original Yamato release and eventually just put everything back in the box. 

You dont attach them straight in like a plug. You attach at an angle, then with pressure you click in the second side.

On 9/13/2017 at 5:17 AM, dragonstar1982 said:

Wait, I thought the original yamato decals WERE glow in the dark.

18 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Interesting. So if you had applied those stickers when you first got them, it's possible they would have started peeling off the SDF-1?

I'm gonna say yes to this. While the larger ones do fairly well the small one are not gonna keep on very well. I've already had to go back and readjust some of them just while handling it but again these are old. That's why I was trying to figure out should I use a flat or clear coat to seal everything.

2 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Not so sure about this. I've had Yamato 160 Ver2 valks that I have had stickers on for years now, since the line began with absolutely no signs of coming off, and i have never flat or clear coated any of them. 

Oh I agree with you. I've never had an issue with those decals either. The problem with these are there so old they have to be sliced off carefully because there brittle, but I got these as an extra from a member here when I bought his sdf last year. I believe these are the ones that came with the model version.

1505426071786106786939.jpg

12 hours ago, arbit said:

You dont attach them straight in like a plug. You attach at an angle, then with pressure you click in the second side.

Thanks! Yeah, that was the way I tried it, but it required so much force I didn't want to risk breaking anything. Maybe I should have just used more force. 

When you removed the arms, was it the same procedure (unsnapping or unclicking one side, and then just removing it)? 

15 hours ago, dragonstar1982 said:

Oh I agree with you. I've never had an issue with those decals either. The problem with these are there so old they have to be sliced off carefully because there brittle, but I got these as an extra from a member here when I bought his sdf last year. I believe these are the ones that came with the model version.

1505426071786106786939.jpg

ohhh.. ok, I see what you mean now, I as well, got the PE parts, the decal sheet and glow in the dark sheet from a member here years ago. I only used the PE parts on my assembled toy version. My 1st time with PE.. LOL.. that was interesting. What I also did was chop up and use old water slides from Star Wars kits to get tiny black, white, red and yellow rectangles and just went crazy putting them randomly all over the SDF-1. Came out great. 

1 hour ago, derex3592 said:

ohhh.. ok, I see what you mean now, I as well, got the PE parts, the decal sheet and glow in the dark sheet from a member here years ago. I only used the PE parts on my assembled toy version. My 1st time with PE.. LOL.. that was interesting. What I also did was chop up and use old water slides from Star Wars kits to get tiny black, white, red and yellow rectangles and just went crazy putting them randomly all over the SDF-1. Came out great. 

That's funny because I've thought about using some of my old water slide decals from my pg gundam as added detail.

22 hours ago, gingaio said:

Thanks! Yeah, that was the way I tried it, but it required so much force I didn't want to risk breaking anything. Maybe I should have just used more force. 

When you removed the arms, was it the same procedure (unsnapping or unclicking one side, and then just removing it)? 

Yes thats the way to do it.

It is a very strong joint and pressure wont hurt it.

The risk is to damage other parts of the ship while you put that pressure, so keep that in mind and dont slip. Move fragile antenas and stuff out of the way of your hand motion.

6 hours ago, dragonstar1982 said:

That's funny because I've thought about using some of my old water slide decals from my pg gundam as added detail.

If you have seen Kye's amazing custom, I used the same HiQ micro decals. Hundreds of them. Its a lot of fun and you cant go wrong.

3 hours ago, arbit said:

Yes thats the way to do it.

It is a very strong joint and pressure wont hurt it.

The risk is to damage other parts of the ship while you put that pressure, so keep that in mind and dont slip. Move fragile antenas and stuff out of the way of your hand motion.

Gotcha. Thanks!

1 hour ago, brouken said:

Hmm, has the market for kidneys gone down recently? I would have thought that a kidney would have gotten you a Premium Version at least. ^_^

HLJ's premiums are all out:wacko: unfortunately just as soon as my funds became available (as in today). So I went for the plain amiami version instead. They always deliver my PO unlike the two incidents I had with the former where confirmed preorders were never delivered and cancelled of which I wasn't able to replace them  anymore.

SDF1.jpg

Edited by fenrir72

55 minutes ago, brouken said:

I'll be honest, if the one I ordered from Hobby Search could be cancelled I'd probably grab the premium from NY.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

On 9/19/2017 at 2:19 PM, brouken said:

Extra Y20,000? I'll pass. And I already committed to amiami. They might ban me in the future.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

I wonder why NY is still taking PO for the Premium Finish one knowing that it's already closed at Arcadia? I wonder if Arcadia will meet the numbers of orders within their main store and other stores in time of release.

For Bandai Exclusives, NY regularly has preorders open long after the Bandi listed end date...Perhaps this is a similar situation?

Just now, Slave IV said:

For Bandai Exclusives, NY regularly has preorders open long after the Bandi listed end date...Perhaps this is a similar situation?

They probably just ordered extras to sell at a markup later on. I know they did for the PG Phenex.

1 minute ago, Slave IV said:

Hopefully, it's like that. Because IIRC, Arcadia did declared that once it's closes on their website, that's it. So in my mind, I thought the other online stores will follow suit with the PO end date. I'm just curious since both companies practices differently.

3 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

They probably did...but I think the point here is you can still get it for their regular preorder price even after Arcadia has closed theirs.

If I hadn't ordered one of the normal release from hobby search, which can't be cancelled...

11 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Get both then, problem solved! it is the MW way!;)

Correction. MW way is always to have three. One to open and display. One to keep it MISB. And one for swooshing. If you don't want that. One for Fighter. One for Gerwalk. One for Battroid. ^_^

I know. I know. You might say SDF-1 only have two modes. Cruiser and Attack mode. That's true. :rolleyes: 

But it won't hurt to try and do this on your third. ;)

DD1eAeBUIAEYL0V.jpg.1db2725c046e4a6142c6ec26f4b9ec76.jpg