Arcadia SDF-1 Movie version 1/3000 reissue

Darotower

3 minutes ago, arbit said:

That premium version is pricey. I'm gonna get a bottle of 15 dollar glow-in-the-dark paint and have at it!

I have a lot of respect for those who have the time, patience and skill to do this themselves but time is money and in this case, spending the money seems like the better choice for me. Look forward to seeing pics of people's customs!

5 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

Looks like I was right with the 60k yen estimate if HLJ was charging 61k for it without shipping.

Yeah it's a steep markup at HLJ. I'm going to get quotes from a couple proxies and see what they look like. May get a quote back before it shows up on NY since they have been 1-2 days late lately. 

If you have the time and skill, you should absolutely customize the regular release. Aside from saving some money (at least on the initial purchase, as hobby supplies can get expensive real fast if you're not already stocked), there's the fun and satisfaction of something you worked on yourself. ^_^

32 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

If you have the time and skill, you should absolutely customize the regular release. Aside from saving some money (at least on the initial purchase, as hobby supplies can get expensive real fast if you're not already stocked), there's the fun and satisfaction of something you worked on yourself. ^_^

I definitely think it's nice and satisfying to do stuff yourself but my highly detailed modeling days are done for now. I spent way too much time doing it when I was younger and the time I know it would take me to do this these days is not worth the price I can just pay for a finished toy. Otherwise, I'd probably just go all out and go with one of the model kits if I wanted personal achievement satisfaction. 

19 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I definitely think it's nice and satisfying to do stuff yourself but my highly detailed modeling days are done for now. I spent way too much time doing it when I was younger and the time I know it would take me to do this these days is not worth the price I can just pay for a finished toy. Otherwise, I'd probably just go all out and go with one of the model kits if I wanted personal achievement satisfaction. 

Yeah that's why I qualified it with "if you have the time and skill." (I lack both.) :lol:

I've had my Yamato version for years and I still haven't stuck all the little cannons and thrusters on it. :unsure:

4 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Yeah that's why I qualified it with "if you have the time and skill." (I lack both.) :lol:

I've had my Yamato version for years and I still haven't stuck all the little cannons and thrusters on it. :unsure:

Lol, I forgot about those. Hopefully they will attach those for us on the PF version :D

Just now, Mommar said:

It's a bit irritating hlj is already order stop when the pre-orders are still up at Arcadias website.  They clearly aren't out.

I'm sure there is a limited and allotted amount any other seller can have. Arcadia would need some way to sync and live monitor sales at every other shop otherwise.

2 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I'm sure there is a limited and allotted amount any other seller can have. Arcadia would need some way to sync and live monitor sales at every other shop otherwise.

I didn't get a pre-order because I couldn't stay awake an extra hour for the the pre-order to finally go live.  I'm going with irritating.

Yeah. It is frustrating. You're not the only one who chose sleep over a crazy pre-order schedule. :lol:

I was thinking about using my proxy service this morning. It might be worth it too, given the built-in fees that the regular stores are charging for this version of the SDF-1. The only problem with that is my proxy service will want payment up front like Anime-Export. Now I'm left waiting to see all options...

16 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I didn't get a pre-order because I couldn't stay awake an extra hour for the the pre-order to finally go live.  I'm going with irritating.

Haha, irritating yeah. What's more irritating to me is since NY hasn't listed it yet, it could go up at any unknown time and it will probably sell out faster. But yeah, I don't think how many Arcadia has available directly at their site makes a difference for the other shops. 

1 hour ago, technoblue said:

Yeah. It is frustrating. You're not the only one who chose sleep over a crazy pre-order schedule. :lol:

I was thinking about using my proxy service this morning. It might be worth it too, given the built-in fees that the regular stores are charging for this version of the SDF-1. The only problem with that is my proxy service will want payment up front like Anime-Export. Now I'm left waiting to see all options...

I didn't choose sleep, I woke up for the pre-order and stayed awake for twenty five minutes but had to go back to sleep because I only average five hours between work and taking care of my Mom.  Irritating.

Yup, it looks like regular version for me.  Perhaps this will be my first go at customization.

I've been waffling on whether to even buy this thing at all, there is no way I can swing $600+ (after shipping) for something I'm lukewarm about.  Wish Arcadia didn't have to be this degree of a gouger.

11 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

Ordered mine this morning from the Arcadia shop ^_^ what sucks is that basically all the money i made from selling the Yamato SDF-1 is going to this :lol:

What service did you use? And how much was the shipping and total?

45 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I didn't choose sleep, I woke up for the pre-order and stayed awake for twenty five minutes but had to go back to sleep because I only average five hours between work and taking care of my Mom.  Irritating.

Oh! I understand now. Yeah, that would be very irritating if you set the clock to wake up on time.

With luck, we'll see a better price from one of the other stores and a longer pre-order window.

29 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

Ordered mine this morning from the Arcadia shop ^_^ what sucks is that basically all the money i made from selling the Yamato SDF-1 is going to this :lol:

Cool. B)) I'm going to wait one more day to see what other options pop up, but I'm thinking of doing this too since I'm concerned the regular shops are charging higher fees.

48 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

Which service did you use? I'm waiting on quotes from From Japan, and Zen Market. 

Got a quote back from Zen Market:

54084 plus domestic and international shipping. They also charge a 3% currency conversion fee but will still work out to less than HLJ before shipping. 

...still don't know if I want it lol

4 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

54084 plus domestic and international shipping. They also charge a 3% currency conversion fee but will still work out to less than HLJ before shipping. 

good price

8 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

So they only charge you 300 yen for the proxy service??? Really?