Jump to content
Darotower

Arcadia SDF-1 Movie version 1/3000 reissue

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, TNT1120X said:

Anybody have any testimony on how well/secure AE packages their items to the USA?

I never had any problems with packaging the few times I've used them, although they were much smaller items than this will be. I do trust their packaging more than Nippon Yasan, but that's a low bar to clear. 

Packaging aside, AE did earn itself a reputation for nonexistent customer service and outright taking people's money without ever shipping their order. That latter issue was not something that seemed to happen a lot (they aren't Premium Collectables), but it did appear to happen frequently enough, that I won't ever use them for items over $100 USD, even if they have a much lower price.

 

 

Edited by shogun221

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, anubis20 said:

Only thing i had ordered was the Lancer and that was released like 2 weeks after I ordered so I didnt think anything of it. NY might be asking for payment once they place their order or if its COD i think they can pay later. 

Well thats good to know for future orders ^_^ Didnt know you could cancel orders though.

I was surprised as well. All it took was a email and asking politely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AE has been more than solid for me on new releases/preorders. Packaging has been fine too. I have been their customer for 9+ years and have never had a problem with pre-orders.

It's the used "ONLY ONE" item that you should be weary of. I'm sure AE do not deliberately sell substandard used toys, but their source of used toys is definitely not the best. I'm 4/4 when it comes to having issues with their used toys, AE took care of 2/4, and I was able to fix the other 2 myself and didn't bother contacting AE, though this is a few years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't use AE ofteen because I hate paying up front if I don't have to but the times I've used them have all been fine. My favorite thing about them is their indefinite private warehouse feature. I've left items there for over a year and shipped when I wanted with no issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I don't use AE ofteen because I hate paying up front if I don't have to but the times I've used them have all been fine. My favorite thing about them is their indefinite private warehouse feature. I've left items there for over a year and shipped when I wanted with no issue.

True. But service is hit or miss I find with AE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, monishb said:

True. But service is hit or miss I find with AE

Luckily, I haven't had to deal with their CS for anything but I find most places to be reasonable when asked nicely if I do have issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm on the Arcadia site now and it says you can pay using the COD option for items ranging from 30k Yen to 99,999 yen. I'm going to use the COD option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, anubis20 said:

Anyone else order the PF from the Arcadia Shop directly and selected credit card as payment?

 

12 hours ago, tekering said:

Sure, I did.  Why?

 

12 hours ago, anubis20 said:

Did they charge you already?? Im seeing the charge on my CC already, not as pending but posted. 

 

9 hours ago, tekering said:

Presumably, Arcadia Shop charges up front...  It's our pre-orders that fund the production, I'm sure.

 

9 hours ago, monishb said:

They charge you right away. I had ordered my premium Hikaru from them but ended up cancelling 

Sorry, my previous response was to these posts... I just placed my order COD

Edited by Loop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The pricing at A-E and N-Y is almost the same if you are going to use EMS shipping

But you get to choose "pay later" with N-Y

Difference in item price is 1820 yen more at A-E ,  adjusted the N-Y ems shipping cost of 8700 - 1820 = 6880 yen

So if the shipping cost at A-E is around 6880 then it'll be the same cost except you will need to pay upfront.

N-Y looks like the better deal here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2017 at 11:46 AM, Xigfrid said:

Just like Mommar said, I don't think the first picture was taken under black light, because it would give a blue/magenta tint to the shoot picture. 

To obtain such a result, it must have been taken under low light conditions but with a long opening, because the glow paint can't glow like a LED as shown in the picture. 

 

On 8/26/2017 at 9:54 AM, Zx31 said:

The paint mentioned in Arcadia's post is phosphorescent paint, or glow in the dark, which is different fron UV paint.

Interesting that the yellow glow in the dark paint is actually red in normal lighting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yahoo Auctions seems to be inundated with Yamato sdf-1s now lol. People trying to offload them before the Arcadia release. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder why? I don't think the Arcadia version will be any different unless they are all going for the premium finish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I wonder why? I don't think the Arcadia version will be any different unless they are all going for the premium finish.

Probably those are just leftovers or stocks from people who still thinks that the price for Yamato one is still going up as an investment or maintains that $1000 price point. Only in the end realizing that most consumers who want one will just go for the new release instead since it's cheaper and still the same thing. Or just like you said, maybe they just go for the Premium Finish version instead.

On a side note though, I've been thinking if I should just order again the regular one and invest on the upcoming Lego Millennium Falcon. :rolleyes: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm getting both, but if I had to choose one, I'd get the Premium SDF-1 since that is a limited item and will be harder to get later on.

On the other hand, if LEGO follows their usual routine, the  UCS Millennium Falcon should be available at retail price for a few years before they discontinue it.

But one thing's for sure, these 2 items will be the most expensive single toys I have ever bought... Hopefully I don't have to do this much spending on 2 toys for a long time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok. Just a reminder guys that the PF PO cut-off date is Sept 7. So if you haven't ordered one, you still have 5 days to go. 5 days since we're talking Japan Time here. ;)

 

For me though, I have 3 days to rethink if I should keep my order at HLJ for certain reasons... :unsure:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bit the bullet and ordered the PF.  I know I'd regret not getting it now, a year after release.  The extra cash isn't that much in the grand scheme of things, and I know this thing is going to sky-rocket after release, and I don't want to be kicking myself down the line.

You only live once, etc., etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's always worth it to make the money sacrifice in the beginning rather than wait even if undecided with these fancy toys from Japan. If anything you can sell it if you really had to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Bandai SDF-1 truly is 1/1800 scale it will be too big for my collection. Same goes for the SOC 1/35 VF-1J.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Until there's an announcement from Bandai that they're definitely going to release a 1/1800 SDF-1, I consider it to be in the same vaporware category as the Monster Arts Vajra.

I certainly wouldn't skip the PF SDF-1 just because of a slim chance that Bandai might release something at some indeterminate point in the future, possibly within our lifetimes. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

Bit the bullet and ordered the PF.  I know I'd regret not getting it now, a year after release.  The extra cash isn't that much in the grand scheme of things, and I know this thing is going to sky-rocket after release, and I don't want to be kicking myself down the line.

You only live once, etc., etc.

I totally agree with this. I really don't want to buy this one after market price. I know the Arcadia PF price is too much, but it really beats out the after market prices it's going for nowadays with the regular release from Yamato. And that's not even Premium Finish.

13 hours ago, Loop said:

It's always worth it to make the money sacrifice in the beginning rather than wait even if undecided with these fancy toys from Japan. If anything you can sell it if you really had to. 

This is true too. It's why I'm keeping my PF order at HLJ. I know the price is more than what's NY have. But atleast, if I really need to cancel it in case of emergency, I can cancel it anytime, hassle-free.

11 hours ago, jenius said:

 unless Bandai releases an SDF1 toy....

10 hours ago, Scyla said:

If the Bandai SDF-1 truly is 1/1800 scale it will be too big for my collection. Same goes for the SOC 1/35 VF-1J.

Same here. I'm just happy with 1/3000 since...

8 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Until there's an announcement from Bandai that they're definitely going to release a 1/1800 SDF-1, I consider it to be in the same vaporware category as the Monster Arts Vajra.

I certainly wouldn't skip the PF SDF-1 just because of a slim chance that Bandai might release something at some indeterminate point in the future, possibly within our lifetimes. :p

...I will probably just end up buying the old 1/3000 Takatoku SDF-1 TV Version. Which I wanted back then when it came out around early 80's.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both SDF-1 Premium Finish and Regular versions are now Order Stop at HLJ.

Will keep my preorder there for now. I just checked and compared the price using the old Yamato weight info which is 1730g to get HLJ's EMS shipping cost via JapanPost site. I round it off to 2000g. More or less the difference is around Y2800+ from Nippon-Yasan. Assuming it's more than 2000g, the difference will be around Y3200+. Not bad I might say. The only consolation I will have is hassle-free cancellation and easy returns/exchange option.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Both SDF-1 Premium Finish and Regular versions are now Order Stop at HLJ.

Will keep my preorder there for now. I just checked and compared the price using the old Yamato weight info which is 1730g to get HLJ's EMS shipping cost via JapanPost site. I round it off to 2000g. More or less the difference is around Y2800+ from Nippon-Yasan. Assuming it's more than 2000g, the difference will be around Y3200+. Not bad I might say. The only consolation I will have is hassle-free cancellation and easy returns/exchange option.

 

Those are terrible news for me. I'm already paying 10k yen using SAL (16k for EMS) :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, linitrofe said:

Those are terrible news for me. I'm already paying 10k yen using SAL (16k for EMS) :unsure:

Understandable based on where you live. I just don't want to risk it for lower shipping method since it's an expensive toy were buying. Would love to save some shipping cost too... :unsure:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a heads up for folks on the fence that the PO for the Premium version will close in 11.5 hours. Dunno if it's for the regular version also.

NY orders are already closed.

Edited by wmkjr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Passarooney, too spendy for a single figure imho. Congrats to everyone who snagged one; looking forward to all the pictures!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was originally against it completely... and then... gah I couldn't stop myself.  I decided that with so much time until I have to pay HLJ for it I would just setup an auto transfer of money I won't miss to a savings account and by the time I have to pay for it the money will just be there.  It's still going to be the single most expensive "toy" purchase I've ever done and I still completely hate the price but at least this way I won't feel as bad about it.  I'm not even a huge fan of the DYRL design either but I see this (PF) as a must have now if I can afford it because we all know the post-release pricing is going to get completely stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys I'm not sure what post I should of put this in but I've been detailing my sdf-1 and I'm about done with these god awful stickers. I'm not sure whether I need to use a clear coat or flat coat to keep the decals safe. Any suggestions?

20170909_201959.jpg

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suggest s gloss Clear coat First to easily see if you cover everything then another coat for the finish that you like. Satin or Flat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2017 at 4:24 AM, dragonstar1982 said:

Hey guys I'm not sure what post I should of put this in but I've been detailing my sdf-1 and I'm about done with these god awful stickers. I'm not sure whether I need to use a clear coat or flat coat to keep the decals safe. Any suggestions?

I would say this is the perfect place to post this. Keep at it and show us your progress.

Have you considered glow in the dark paint? 

I've been detailing mine for going on 4 years now as I learn more skills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2017 at 8:24 PM, dragonstar1982 said:

Hey guys I'm not sure what post I should of put this in but I've been detailing my sdf-1 and I'm about done with these god awful stickers. I'm not sure whether I need to use a clear coat or flat coat to keep the decals safe. Any suggestions?

20170909_201959.jpg

It's looking great by the way.  Loving the details.  Look forward to seeing the finished product.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×