Arcadia SDF-1 Movie version 1/3000 reissue

Darotower

For paying NY, choose yen and let your card do the translation. NY is charging more if you want to pay other than Yen.

If you want to play the ForEx game, either you pay in Yen now or Yen in the future. (in any case, it might be a good idea to check the forex trend of your currency)

53 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Given the state of the US, it might be better to use NY's 1 cent = 1 yen rate come April 2018. :rolleyes:

There were predictions going both ways last year. Some folks thought the exchange rate would be at 125JY to 1USD by Christmas, but it's trending in the other direction.

Just a few weeks ago we were close to 115. Whish I had paid for my VF-2 at NY last month lol. I'm just waiting for it to nudge over 110 to pay for a couple of POs 

15 hours ago, technoblue said:

https://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/ems/service/damage_en.html

According to this table, it looks like it is possible to increase insurance coverage for EMS up to 2 mil JPY. Given what NY is charging for shipping, the additional insurance coverage for the SDF-1 should be included with the EMS payment. It's only 100 to 150JPY extra and NY is seriously padding the shipping price.

15 hours ago, F360 said:

Nippon-yasan gives full coverage for EMS shipments

14 hours ago, technoblue said:

Thanks for clearing that up. Insurance helps the seller as much as it helps the buyer, so yeah it doesn't really make much sense to cap EMS coverage at the standard 20000JPY value. And here's the fine print on the subject from NY (scroll down to EMS):

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/cms.php?id_cms=1

Thanks for this info, guys. Now I can request to add insurance on that SDF-1 by April. And yes, gotta keep my PO at HLJ for now. ^_^ 

7 hours ago, Bahamutzyro said:

Why would you lose any money if it was damaged? PayPal and or your credit card covers that. It's their responsibility to get the item to you as new, not other way around.

True. But do tell that to Nippon-Yasan and see if they're not gonna block your account. :lol:

But to answer why it's because I didn't know at first that you can purchase extra insurance with EMS. I was in that notion that EMS only covers Y20000 if something happened during transit/shipping. So in my mind buying a Y30000+ toy, and something happened you will just get reimbursed with Y20000. So thank to the two guys above, I know that my Y61000 toy will be covered full. ^_^

2 hours ago, F360 said:

Thats what i like most about N-Y .  You can pay whenever you want.  You can use your oen judgement on when is the best time to pay.  

Yeah, i think this is the best thing about n-y. It's annoying when I have cash I can't pay off upcoming preorder. I want to pay those off because I'll probably spend that money on other deals I see,

2 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

anyone choose the boat option from nippon yasan:lol:

I've used it a few times for some items if the price difference is big enough because I usually don't care when my items arrive as long as they show up someday.:)

Haven't had any issues so far and have a couple packages in route using that method right now. Hopefully those arrive fine as well so I can be totally confident about my SDF-1 arriving safely.

Just now, Slave IV said:

I've used it a few times for some items if the price difference is big enough because I usually don't care when my items arrive as long as they show up someday.:)

Haven't had any issues so far and have a couple packages in route using that method right now. Hopefully those arrive fine as well so I can be totally confident about my SDF-1 arriving safely.

good to know, i was thinking of doing it one day. i have it ordered through a friend but just curious how many have used it. 

1 minute ago, davidwhangchoi said:

good to know, i was thinking of doing it one day. i have it ordered through a friend but just curious how many have used it. 

The only downside is we all know how NY will make their own boxes depending on the size of the shipment. Sometimes that doesn't work out well. In my experience, with single, non odd shaped items, they usually use a box perfect for it without any mods so it comes very secure with no issues at all. Luckily, I haven't had any issues even when they do the self rigged boxes but I'm hoping my single order for the SDF-1 will fit in a box they don't need to mod for extra security!

16 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

10 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Luckily, I haven't had any issues even when they do the self rigged boxes

Same here.  I would have used registered ferry if I bought the SDF-1.  Saving money and still getting the item and intact is still better than getting it quick.

5 minutes ago, seti88 said:

The boat option doesn't come with tracking right? That's my biggest pet peeve with it else I would have gone that way too..

They have tracking.  I currently have some HMR Destroids being shipped through boat.

Just now, Loop said:

Damn EMS is so high at NY but still cheaper overall than HLJ as far as I can tell. I wonder if my best bet is to go through the Arcadia webshop and have my friend send it over.

that's what i'm doing. i forgot how much it was to ship over the yamato sdf-1 back then. but i thought it was definitely less than 8700yen EMS.  

in terms of the boat option, i prob will try it at some point but for this it's risky in terms of length of time for the high price item. there's less risk, the shorter the days in transit. i may get a second. but may go hlj if i can group it with other things as i want their customer service protecting if anything goes wrong. 

but that 4000yen price is tempting... i was really thinking about it. 

I don't know if Arcadia is as good a Yamato was with helping customers, but when I had any issues with Yamato I just had my friend contact them and they would just ask where it was bought from and then help if it was an authorized shop.

18 minutes ago, seti88 said:

The boat option doesn't come with tracking right? That's my biggest pet peeve with it else I would have gone that way too..

Yep, as mentioned it has tracking and insurance although I don't know how much. I think someone said NY insures packages fully for EMS and I think that policy might apply to any insured package with the option.

4 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

that's what i'm doing. i forgot how much it was to ship over the yamato sdf-1 back then. but i thought it was definitely less than 8700yen EMS.  

in terms of the boat option, i prob will try it at some point but for this it's risky in terms of length of time for the high price item. there's less risk, the shorter the days in transit. i may get a second. but may go hlj if i can group it with other things as i want their customer service protecting if anything goes wrong. 

but that 4000yen price is tempting... i was really thinking about it. 

I think the people using proxy services said EMS would be 5900 yen. Not sure how accurate that will be when the time comes though. 

9 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I think the people using proxy services said EMS would be 5900 yen. Not sure how accurate that will be when the time comes though. 

yeah, i'm not sure how accurate that quote is but biginJapan is also quoting 5900yen for EMS, 5300yen Fedex for the normal SDF-1,

i hope that's the case as i plan to get 2x. 

2 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

yeah, i'm not sure how accurate that quote is but biginJapan is also quoting 5900yen for EMS, 5300yen Fedex for the normal SDF-1,

Two PFs? You madman!:lol: Of course, they will be well worth it but just too much money for me to double up on.

16 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

It's true that we don't know the actual weight of the shipping box, but I do think BnJ and the proxies are giving a better estimate. I looked up the old Yamato SDF-1 on HLJ and the retail box weighed 1730g. Arcadia's standard and premium finish boxes should be close to that. I'll be surprised if the shipping box, bubble wrap, and whatever else gets stuffed inside with the SDF-1 tip the scales so to speak.

49 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Two PFs? You madman!:lol: Of course, they will be well worth it but just too much money for me to double up on.

i'm still on the fence but that's why i was thinking boat as an option =) one fast and one can take time getting here as i won't need both at once.

22 minutes ago, technoblue said:

It's true that we don't know the actual weight of the shipping box, but I do think BnJ and the proxies are giving a better estimate. I looked up the old Yamato SDF-1 on HLJ and the retail box weighed 1730g. Arcadia's standard and premium finish boxes should be close to that. I'll be surprised if the shipping box, bubble wrap, and whatever else gets stuffed inside with the SDF-1 tip the scales so to speak.

ok, thanks for the on the weight of the yamato. maybe i'll try From Japan for a possible second. still weighing what to do.

23 hours ago, yman1437 said:

for USD, paying in JPY is always cheaper, because NY's rate for JPY->USD is really bad....worse than credit card and even paypal conversion rates

23 hours ago, Sandman said:

Always choose yen. N-Y charges well above the currency exchange rate.

22 hours ago, wmkjr said:

I pay JP yen vs USD. To get an estimate, try using a currency calculator to convert the NY local currency price to yen. If it's higher than NY's JPY rate use yen to pay.

Here are estimates for the yen equivalent from NY using the rates on google currency converter right now (actual rates will vary) along with the local currency rate equivalent if paid in JP yen:

US Dollar: 612.80 = 66877.66 yen            

Yen: 61280 yen =  USD 561.45, EUR 475.96, GBP 439.16, CHF 542.41 

Euro: 520,88 = 67109.38 yen

Britsh Pound: 477.98 = 66682.98 yen

Swiss Franc: 594 = 67141.40 yen

20 hours ago, seti88 said:

The general rule is to choose to pay in local currency. Paying in any other currency will always benefit the seller as they charge extra to buffer against fluctuations which may lower their returns.

18 hours ago, Sildani said:

Agreed. Always choose yen. 

15 hours ago, chyll2 said:

For paying NY, choose yen and let your card do the translation. NY is charging more if you want to pay other than Yen.

If you want to play the ForEx game, either you pay in Yen now or Yen in the future. (in any case, it might be a good idea to check the forex trend of your currency)

Thanks for the input guys!

42 minutes ago, spanner said:

yep.. an easy pass for me. I'll wait with fingers crossed for a TV version which I personally feel the price is far more justifiable. 

And the PF version is $727 (AUD)!  Yikes!

Edited by mickyg

57 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

01 and 02 are tampo printed. SOLD!

Does it say that in the text? 

I ask because I can't see the numbers in the images where they demonstrate the glow in the dark paint.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Dandruff printing??? :shok:

Fascinating, how Google Translate interprets タンポ印刷 (tampography) as "tampo," "dandruff" or "tampon printing" (!), all within the same paragraph...  <_<