Arcadia SDF-1 Movie version 1/3000 reissue

Darotower

57 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Yep, it was a pita to get it in there and fit but once I did it sits there nicely. I'm not sure how it shows up there but I like how in the back right corner, it is also seamless because instead of having it fold and form fit like a sticker would, it's just curved around.

Take a look at the sticker I have. This came with the standard Arcadia. Is yours print it from somewhere online? Or did they just out right change what kind of label to use? Because yours looks a heck a lot better.

BA32E1D9-4C84-4BCD-8473-9DA99FC33458.jpeg

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

151597821_MacrossCityrev.jpg.f82207e7cd2eaccfab241adba8b422d7.jpg

Once you get the background in there, it's not going anywhere so it may not be perfect but I'm totally fine with just having the background lodged in there without sticking.

Disappointed that my labels not as cool. But trimmed it and put the thin part in at an angle first and Fisht down in and then worked it over the top of the buildings. Definitely doesn’t look so plain.

824376CF-B164-4A4D-A2C2-05186E7C7A85.jpeg

On 12/29/2017 at 5:27 AM, fenrir72 said:

Santissima! You are DA BOMB!:wub:

To Arcadia: You may have had released one of the most awesome SDF-1 versions ever (since the 1/3000 Takatoku) but your R/D or customer support brain trust leave a lot to be desired!

#decal 8 wrong fit. The other decals on the main gun are a bit off alignment and now this! Jeez! I still love you guys! Arrgh!

Decal I fits. It’s just supposed to be behind the buildings. I just slid mine on without taking off the backing.

DCC70436-7BFE-4020-9134-FEC1812CD4F8.jpeg

16534446-0CEF-4AFB-B7AE-ABE8D72D2994.jpeg

27 minutes ago, Kamina337 said:

Take a look at the sticker I have. This came with the standard Arcadia. Is yours print it from somewhere online? Or did they just out right change what kind of label to use? Because yours looks a heck a lot better.

BA32E1D9-4C84-4BCD-8473-9DA99FC33458.jpeg

Ah, I got mine online. The file should be floating around here somewhere (maybe the decal thread). If you can’t find it, lmk and I should have it somewhere. 

19 minutes ago, Kamina337 said:

Disappointed that my labels not as cool. But trimmed it and put the thin part in at an angle first and Fisht down in and then worked it over the top of the buildings. Definitely doesn’t look so plain.

824376CF-B164-4A4D-A2C2-05186E7C7A85.jpeg

That’s how you do it! I’m not sure why mine looks better than the original other than perhaps Arcadia didn’t print it properly? My first run, I didn’t print properly and the background didn’t come out as sharp. 

1446925243_MacrossCity.jpg.b10180216e00b2d4b35c74a959b04f48.jpg

When I printed, I found setting the size in the print settings made a sharper image than actually resizing the image itself. Makes sense but I always figured PS wouldn’t “destruct” the image like it did. 

6 minutes ago, Kamina337 said:

Thanks Slave VI!

No problem! BTW, I actually think the softer background looks good too and gives it a vast looking effect. But since I was experimenting and ended up with the sharper image, I stuck with that one. 

6 minutes ago, Kamina337 said:

Let me know if you find a link to that decal. No rush. I’m having trouble.

Ok, if I remember correctly the file was hosted by someone somewhere. I think it might be too large to send by pm too. I do have it somewhere so I’ll contact you when I locate it and figure out a way to share it with you. 

Just now, Kamina337 said:

Comes out a bit massive. Anyone know what I’m doing wrong?

I think you must have selected (by accident) scale to fit when you print.

1 minute ago, kkx said:

I think you must have selected (by accident) scale to fit when you print.

Printing from my iPhone and it did not seem to give me an option. I’ll see if there’s anything I can tweak.Printing from my iPhone and it did not seem to give me an option. I’ll see if there’s anything I can tweak.

9 minutes ago, Kamina337 said:

Comes out a bit massive. Anyone know what I’m doing wrong?

That's what I was mentioning with the print settings earlier. Thankfully, the image is very high resolution but it is not sized to just print straightforward at least on most people's printers. The first time I printed it, I resized it in photoshop and that's how I got the softer printout. Then I tried just setting the printer to reduce the print size by the amount needed and it came out much better that way. I've never printed anything directly from a phone before but if you can access print settings from the phone and reduce the size by a calculated percentage (or actual size), that's what you should do. If not, try seeing if you can adjust the print size directly on the printer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/19/2020 at 3:24 AM, MacrossJunkie said:

Anyone else wish that even if Arcadia doesn't make a TV version, that they'd at least make an SDF-1 attachable Prometheus and Daedalus? Then we could at least have our own Macross the First version.

yes

14 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Maybe the guy missed out on this one?

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n436096170

2 hours ago, jvmacross said:

yes

Man, that assembly kit version in that search listing is going for 55,000.

I'm so glad I got mine from HLJ back in the day for ¥12,956 (¥17,006 after shipping). I fully regretted getting the toy version which came with nothing and would have only gotten the kit version had I known that would be coming later. The kit was less than half the price of the assembled toy, came with decals, glow in the dark stickers, photo-etch parts, and optional parts. Neither the photo-etch nor optional parts can be obtained anywhere else either, not even the Arcadia premium finish version (as far as I know).

15 hours ago, jvmacross said:

yes

12 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

Man, that assembly kit version in that search listing is going for 55,000.

I'm so glad I got mine from HLJ back in the day for 12,956 (¥17,006 after shipping). I fully regretted getting the toy version which came with nothing and would have only gotten the kit version had I known that would be coming later. The kit was less than half the price of the assembled toy, came with decals, glow in the dark stickers, photo-etch parts, and optional parts. Neither the photo-etch nor optional parts can be obtained anywhere else either, not even the Arcadia premium finish version (as far as I know).

I picked one of the kits up for ¥40,000 from Mandarake not too long ago.

I knew about the option parts, but not the decals and photo-etch... I'm so glad I got it

Can the option parts be swapped-out after it's built? or am I going to have to choose? :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, slide said:

I picked one of the kits up for ¥40,000 from Mandarake not too long ago.

I knew about the option parts, but not the decals and photo-etch... I'm so glad I got it

Can the option parts be swapped-out after it's built? or am I going to have to choose? :ph34r:

As long as you don't glue it together.

I didn't bother with the TV style feet, but I left the feet removable because I made the power switch for the engine lights and battery accessible from there.

I didn't glue the halves of the booms together and they are locked together with no issues or looseness by placing the guns over the pegs so I can swap the pieces as desired.

Both can be rotated for the transformation process.

15148219749_c9e364cabb_c.jpg

15148395438_09ff11389f_b.jpg

The photo etch parts are nice because it lets you give the toy extra raised textures and such as you can see above.

13 minutes ago, MacrossJunkie said:

I didn't bother with the TV style feet, but I left the feet removable because I made the power switch for the engine lights and battery accessible from there.

I didn't glue the halves of the booms together and they are locked together with no issues or looseness by placing the guns over the pegs so I can swap the pieces as desired.

15148395438_09ff11389f_b.jpg

The photo etch parts are nice because it lets you give the toy extra raised textures and such as you can see above.

God I love that thing. I'd pay quite a lot if Arcadia gave us a PF of that quality.

On 8/27/2020 at 9:28 AM, MacrossJunkie said:

That's a beautiful build and photography. I wonder how you did the lighting set up.

4 hours ago, arbit said:

That's a beautiful build and photography. I wonder how you did the lighting set up.

Thanks. It's been a while since I took those pics, but I believe I had used a 24" x 24" light tent with a black velvet backdrop and used 2 lights diffused through the light tent for the first one and a single lamp shown more directly on it, but further away for the second. 

Jeez'o'man, I remember when the PF was on mark down at HLJ, like most arcadia stuff at some point.

Should have bought one but for some reason it didn't tickle my fancy.  Definitely on my "would be nice" list but not jumping up and down for one.

On 8/27/2020 at 1:28 AM, MacrossJunkie said:

What what? There is a way to put the blown up booms on? What should I be searching for?

Crap, this means I'm going to need two SDF-1's now.:lol:

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

What what? There is a way to put the blown up booms on? What should I be searching for?

Crap, this means I'm going to need two SDF-1's now.:lol:

As long as you have the destroyed booms from the kit, then yes.

Looks like I misremembered a couple things as I haven't touched it in 7-8 (has it been that long? maybe a little less?) years. The guns do nothing to hold it in place and the broken ones don't rotate. They just slide on and sit in place.

20200906_202933_2.jpg.e649c2eb75c63bd0257800a2a5a8020e.jpg

Here is the relevant assembly diagram.

20200906_203401_1.jpg.68a11b1cb0f143777390d660757b40e9.jpg

I didn't have P08-7 and P08-5 glued over top and I think they were just kept in place with friction from pegging the guns in, though I'm having trouble removing it now as I think the paint has fused it together with P08-8/6 after those 7-8 years of not being touched. which is where the two screws are that you need to unscrew to take it apart. I'm not going to try to pry it and risk damaging the paint as I don't have anything appropriate to use to do that, but if it's glued, you'll need something to slide down in there and break any glue that might be holding it in place.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

46 minutes ago, wmkjr said:

The Yamato 1/3000 SDF-1 Assembly Kit. Came with option parts.

Yamato 1/3000 Complete SDF-1 MACROSS Assembly Kit | #1825564546

TY

Oh my goodness. That's a few bucks!:o That;'s a complete model that needs painting and assembly?

Seems like there is a need for 3D printed "blown up" booms for those with the Arcadia.