Arcadia SDF-1 Movie version 1/3000 reissue

Darotower

25 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Love that anime cel-shaded look. :wub: 

But did he used PF version for that? I remember someone posted a work in progress of the same cel-shaded custom but on a regular SDF release not the PF version. Coz if that's the PF version, he's too fast to do that since the PF one just got released less than a month ago.

Yeah, I misunderstood. The OP of that meant this is more premium than the actual premium ver. You are right this one was based on the non-premium ver. 

7 minutes ago, obakesan said:

Any top tips? 

If you have something like an allen key or other solid flat metal object, you can use that to help insert the screw covers without breaking your fingers by placing it across the cover and applying even pressure to both ends to leverage the panel into place.

1 hour ago, Zx31 said:

If you have something like an allen key or other solid flat metal object, you can use that to help insert the screw covers without breaking your fingers by placing it across the cover and applying even pressure to both ends to leverage the panel into place.

I noticed this mentioned before. Do you cover the part with a cloth or something? Seems like it would scratch if you didn't.

12 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I noticed this mentioned before. Do you cover the part with a cloth or something? Seems like it would scratch if you didn't.

You could to be safe, but I didn't have any issues with the flat panel sections since you're using a flat surface on another flat surface, so there's no rubbing or movement. I didn't use it for the pieces such as the ARMD thrusters since they weren't flat and the key would have more of a chance of deforming the part. I had to be more cognizant that i didn't roll the key and make a depression or mark with the edge though, so maybe there's something more suited that is less of a risk to the plastic.

20180522_132255.jpg

Edited by Zx31

9 minutes ago, Zx31 said:

You could to be safe, but I didn't have any issues with the flat panel sections since you're using a flat surface on another flat surface, so there's no rubbing or movement. I didn't use it for the pieces such as the ARMD thrusters since they weren't flat and the key would have more of a chance of deforming the part. I had to be more cognizant that i didn't roll the key and make a depression or mark with the edge though, so maybe there's something more suited that is less of a risk to the plastic.

20180522_132255.jpg

Cool, thanks!

2 hours ago, Zx31 said:

20180522_132255.jpg

Do you or anyone have pictures of the SDF-1 PF before and after the spruce pieces are installed? I ordered from NY too and briefly looked it over and put it back in the box until I get my second case up and running. I'm curious if its even worth doing or not.

13 minutes ago, RED WOLF said:

Ok great. I'm guessing it wouldn't make that much of a difference in ship mode. I was just curiuos to see how they look once attached.

You can compare to the official photos. Mostly panels and gun emplacements to cover the screws. Also the ARMD thrusters are mostly separate parts. Cruiser mode hides most of them aside from the two large gun emplacements on the sides of the Macross cannons.
07211656_5971b3ba74582.jpg

07211656_5971b3cb785b4.jpg

2 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm curious too. Like if I put all those covers and whatnot can I still put it back to the box as is?

To fit it back in the box, all you need to do is take off the ARMD carriers, right? It ought to fit back in with the covers on in that case.

4 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm curious too. Like if I put all those covers and whatnot can I still put it back to the box as is?

The only thing that you might be concerned about going back into the foam is the bridge (ARMDs will detach and go back into their slots). Some have pointed out and suggested that you could leave the screw cover off to unscrew and put it back into it's plastic shell, but as long as you aren't shaking the box around when it's put away I don't think you're in much danger of bending the bridge antennae if you leave it attached.

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Yup. Done that. Surprised that the ARMD also came off easily. I heard horror stories of high difficult they were to attach.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally finished applying thre sprue parts. For the premium, everything other than the head should have been pre-applied. We're talking about $200 here, that's enough to apply the paint details AND the screw/ hole covers. 

Edit: Where do sprue parts 30 & 32 go?  Couldn't find them in the instructions.

Edited by easnoddy

15 hours ago, easnoddy said:

Finally finished applying thre sprue parts. For the premium, everything other than the head should have been pre-applied. We're talking about $200 here, that's enough to apply the paint details AND the screw/ hole covers. 

Edit: Where do sprue parts 30 & 32 go?  Couldn't find them in the instructions.

Those are covers for an invisible screw that you can't actually access after assembly is complete.  I think they go inside one of the large hinges in the main central hull.

Also, there's no real reason to screw on the bridge, the fit is plenty tight to just press it into place.

13 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

That’s blood money. I like the sdf-1 but I wouldn’t buy it at PO price; nevermind 90000 JY :lol:

I know it’s expensive to own one. But atleast I got it before the increase. Besides, before we forget, just a few years ago the old Yamato release already went from $700-900+ after market. So in my head, I got a Premium one for a bargain. ^_^

1 minute ago, no3Ljm said:

I know it’s expensive to own one. But atleast I got it before the increase. Besides, before we forget, just a few years ago the old Yamato release already went from $700-900+ after market. So in my head, I got a Premium one for a bargain. ^_^

That's how I justify my purchase(s) too. I tell myself I know it's pricey now, but if I wait and sit on it and pick it up later it will be considerably more. So in a way I save myself money =)

13 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

This!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2018 at 4:37 PM, neko878 said:

Just received my SDF-1 Premium Version today from Nippon Yasan.  Upon opening up the packaging I noticed I am missing the bridge (head).

I believe there was suppose to be a parts package in the middle of the styrofoam box.  I could not find that part anywhere. 

I hope Nippon Yasan has some good customer service to resolve this issue. :(

2G2Dg.jpg

2G2Dh.jpg

On 5/7/2018 at 4:39 PM, Mommar said:

Oh shite!  At $600 that’s no effing joke, man!  Unfortunately NY is not known. For their customer service.

On 5/7/2018 at 6:13 PM, Lolicon said:

HOLY ****!!! And having to depend on NY's customer service to resolve this is even worse! Oh man I hope they actually do something to fix the issue instead of some useless canned response. This sh** ain't cheap!!

Let us know what they say.

I was seriously thinking of buying a second one from NY but I think I'll wait and see how this plays out first. :o

Hi everyone!  Here is my update on the missing part(s) on the SDF-1 from NY.

I initially emailed NY explaining I was missing a main part to this figure.  Their ONE and ONLY response back was "We will contact the manufacture and get back with you but no guarantee."  I patiently waited a few weeks but I still have not heard back from NY.  So I tried to contact them again for an update on the missing part but no response back.  Then a week later I asked for an exchange but no response back.  With numerous emails to NY and no response back I had to escalate this issue to Paypal because there is a certain amount of time you can submit a ticket for escalation. 

After waiting another week Paypal did rule in my favor and told me I am eligible for a refund.  I just have to mail back the figure to NY with tracking number.

On the Paypal return instructions it says to mail the package back to this address:

株式会社NIPPONーYASAN.COM

〒791-8055 愛媛県 松山市清住 一丁目3番3号 Japan

Can anyone tell me if I translated the return address correctly to english?  I am mailing out from the USA.

Nippon-Yasan
1chrome 3-3 Kiyosumi
Matsuyama, Ehime 791-8055
Japan

4 minutes ago, neko878 said:

Can anyone tell me if I translated the return address correctly to english?  I am mailing out from the USA.

Nippon-Yasan
1chrome 3-3 Kiyosumi
Matsuyama, Ehime 791-8055
Japan

Here's what it says on their Terms and Conditions page: https://www.nippon-yasan.com/cms.php?id_cms=3

Name: Nippon-Yasan.com, Co. Ltd. (株式会社 Nippon-Yasan.Com)
Address: Kiyosumi 1chome 3-3
Postal Code: 791-8055
Prefecture: Ehime-ken
City: Matsuyama-shi

Hope that helps. And good luck. Hope it gets resolved easily.