Arcadia SDF-1 Movie version 1/3000 reissue

Darotower

Premium Finish in da house!  B))

5ae7ca4ebb27c_premiumfinish.thumb.jpg.a93503f2e57503cc5da80e125a88e4ab.jpg

Fluorescent pink, yellow, and black panel lining is evident all over the ship.

panel-lining.thumb.jpg.8f36847444f9bc4b56d9c61ad142a79b.jpg

A matte finish top coat has been applied evenly to each surface; this is most evident on clear parts like the bridge.

bridge.thumb.jpg.67ecb680998384af7797cf4116a7a1d2.jpg

ARMD.thumb.jpg.bcf83742b6140e59ba7931846b6ceb94.jpg

As with previous releases of this toy, there are a lot of detailed parts still on sprues:

5ae7ca482a35f_publicservice.thumb.jpg.91f1fdae10c6cdb72bba3e6f5ee904b5.jpg

However, they've also been pre-painted, panel-lined, and matte top-coated for consistency.  ^_^

Edited by tekering

My unit came out 54,432 directly from Arcadia.

Thanks for the pics Tekering mine will probably be in JP for a while. I have a huge que of things that need to be shipped stateside, just not looking forward to all the shipping fees :lol:

I was thinking the same thing.  But also thinking a lot of this looks hand finished.  Surely not, right?  I mean if it were, that would certainly explain the price premium.  Also, not a fan of the matte over clear parts.  That just seems all kinds of silly to me.  They're not exactly hard to mask off.

51 minutes ago, SuperHobo said:

I'll just leave the Yamato release in attack mode. 

I had considered the same for my original release, but even in "Attack Mode" there's so much more painted detail to appreciate on the premium finish...

5ae7de917b72c_Yamatovs.Arcadia.thumb.jpg.e5dfdaf20c5ed96315997c2008539b98.jpg

Instead, I've opted to sell the old girl and keep the sexy new one on the wall.  B))

wall-mounted.thumb.jpg.39d9048e66265a52410e849958065c1d.jpg

21 minutes ago, tekering said:

I had considered the same for my original release, but even in "Attack Mode" there's so much more painted detail to appreciate on the premium finish...

Instead, I've opted to sell the old girl and keep the sexy new one on the wall.  B))

wall-mounted.thumb.jpg.39d9048e66265a52410e849958065c1d.jpg

The mount it comes with is wall compatible?

Shipped notice received from NY.. ¥61280 total with shipping. $560. That toy better bring good memories for a while. Thats easily a plane ticket fare to South America vacation.:p

Edited by 007-vf1

9 hours ago, tekering said:

Is it bad that when I see this picture, I imagine the 2 SDF-1's touching each other inappropriately?

10 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

that's some wack panel lining. 

Yeah I don't know if I'm a fan of the quality of that panel lining job... maybe I should cancel and order a regular one instead?

On the other hand on the not-so-close shots it looks pretty good and I think the regular one is not detailed enough. Maybe something in the middle would be ideal for me?

I guess I'll wait till I have my copy in hand. If I don't like it maybe I can trade it with a regular release....

...now I'm debating if I need a DX Quarter too. I certainly need a DX Elysion!

Edited by Scyla

37 minutes ago, Rick Hunter said:

Any thoughts or feedback between ordering from Hobby Link Japan or Nippon-Yasan for delivery to the USA?  I would be new to ordering from either company, but want to purchase the PF version. Thanks!

Well NY has usually lower prices on the item but higher prices on the shipping compared to HLJ. Overall ordering from NY is cheaper compared to HLJ but you need to evaluate that on an individual basis.

One thing where HLJ stands out is their customer support. NY customer support is pretty abysmal whereas HLJ is responsive, cover shipping fees for return shipments if an item has a defect and offer replacement items or a discount as store credit if an item is damaged out of the box.

HLJ tent to pack the items with less padding which means sometimes you get a damaged box which HLJ will ignore if the item inside is still fine. So if you are a MISB collector NY usually packs the items in a layer of bubble-wrap and their shipping boxes have less free space than the HLJ ones do.

Since you are based in the States this doesn't apply to you but NY will declare a lower value on the shipping documents which means that their packages tend to slip through customs without additional sale tax and custom fees applied. On the other hand the declared value is important for the package insurance so if an item from NY gets lost you're out of luck.

So I would say if you want pay the lowest amount go with NY if you like the peace of mind that a good customer support offers go with HLJ. 

Additionally NY offers Tamashii Webshop exclusives such as the DX Chogokin add-packs for the Frontier and Delta Valkyries. HLJ won't carry those items.

Personally I went with HLJ for the PE SDF-1 because they offer me a customer services that doesn't make me worried about a lost package or a damaged unit for such a high priced item.

11 hours ago, Zx31 said:

...well if you use enough screws and glue...

9 hours ago, tekering said:

Screws were required.  Glue was not.  ^_^

Haha, I figure screws would be required for any wall mount. Are there holes in the base for it or you just drilled through? I know @ChaoticYeti may offer a solution too but good to know what the options are. 

wow TBH this came out better than i expected even if it does take a while to get used to pastel coloring.  its great!  kind of regret not keeping my PO but i also kinda like have 6 bills more in the bank.  happy for all you guys this release seems "worth it"!  it really does make this mould pop.  i don't trust myself enough with paints to do it myself either.  lol.  i only hope this release will fund/encourage arcadia to do a sdfm SDF-1 some day.  i love dyrl but i didn't see it until almost high school (as clash of the bioniods no  less ...the first time!) ...sdfm is the macross of my youth and i'd probably splurge to get it if it were made.

Anyway glad they did this and that people seem to be enjoying theirs!

Is it confirmed that Macross city has flourescent highlights on the PF? Any other pic of the city? Could you please post pics of your copies with the panel removed on Macross City GundamEFSF and Tekering? Thanks!