Arcadia SDF-1 Movie version 1/3000 reissue

Darotower

They are looking amazing, I'm pretty excited now.  But there are pics of what look like fully painted main bodies where you can see Macross city, and it is unpainted:

o1488108014173662787.jpg?caw=800

I think the likelihood of a painted Macross city is incredibly low at this point.  Sure, it could be added later in the process, but that is just wishful thinking. It is something they would have showcased/advertised, as it would have major appeal. 

There is enough great detail on other areas that it still looks great, though.

Edited by HardlyNever

Yeah from what I've seen def not worth the price of entry (to me) but I will admit a lot of great details. Looks really sharp. Especially the ARMD carriers. I like the subtle black outlines around the fluorescent areas. 

39 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

They are looking amazing, I'm pretty excited now.  But there are pics of what look like fully painted main bodies where you can see Macross city, and it is unpainted:

o1488108014173662787.jpg?caw=800

I can imagine a factory satellite for capital ships looking like this inside. Interesting about the glow paint being hard to work with. Can't wait to get it in hand. 

4 minutes ago, SuperHobo said:

The detail looks great for sure. I remember the Yamato release had you finish the product with parts on a plastic runner, I hope this premium one has already done it for the buyer. 

The regular release Arcadia reissue also has the runner parts. And lots of em'. I finally got my extra to open last week and it took me damn near an hour and a half to get them all trimmed and into place. That said it was a labor or love. I enjoy that stuff. For the price on premium release I should hope they apply all those parts. I could see that alone making it worth price to those who do not enjoy doing such things. Next thing I'm gonna do is find a sheet of glow in the dark adhesive stickers and make my own glowing details. I'll start working on that soon. I don't want too many. Just a few accents. 

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

At least some of those add-on parts would make it not fit in the box if they were attached, though they may trim, paint, and bag them for us.

True, and after zooming in on some of the blog pictures it I can see the empty slots on the main cannons. It's not a deal breaker for anyone picking this up, but it would have been nice for the price. 

I think we're going to be installing parts from a runner ourselves, even on the PF.  I personally don't mind the labor of it, as I do a little customization here and there and enjoy it. 

However, this is supposed to be top-coated, and having little bits and bobs not be top-coated is kind of a let down, especially at this price point.  It could even create a situation where the parts from the runner don't quite match the color of the main toy, and that would be a serious concern for something that is putting so much emphasis on sitting there and looking good.

2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

At least some of those add-on parts would make it not fit in the box if they were attached, though they may trim, paint, and bag them for us.

I'm hoping they do at least this (especially the paint/topcoat part).

Edited by HardlyNever

23 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

I think we're going to be installing parts from a runner ourselves, even on the PF.  I personally don't mind the labor of it, as I do a little customization here and there and enjoy it. 

However, this is supposed to be top-coated, and having little bits and bobs not be top-coated is kind of a let down, especially at this price point.  It could even create a situation where the parts from the runner don't quite match the color of the main toy, and that would be a serious concern for something that is putting so much emphasis on sitting there and looking good.

I'm hoping they do at least this (especially the paint/topcoat part).

I'm hoping that's the way they handle it as well, especially as the top-coat and glow-paint will make any raw parts stick out like a sore thumb.

I hope everyone who's getting one ends up happy with it!  I'll patiently wait and hope that they can and will do a TV version.  Or, hopefully...maybe the Kitz Concepts TV version will end up being worthwhile.  At least it will light up, lol.  Yeah, I know it may end up being really tacky depending on how they do it...

On 4/18/2018 at 1:46 PM, Aye Aye said:

Hello, well for those of you that have received or are going to receive either version of the Arcadia SDF, I PM’d Yeti about working on a better, more dynamic stand than the one offered in the box. He thinks he might be able to cobble something together, which I will help by providing measurements. Me, I ordered the premium version b/c who cares...so, once I receive it I will be sending measurements, pics, etc to Yeti to work on the stand. If anyone is interested and wants to help with measurements for Yeti that would be awesome too!!

Yes, I am in for a stand from Yeti!

1 hour ago, Smiley424 said:

Yes, I am in for a stand from Yeti!

Me too. Absolutely. The stand included is tantamount to something that would be included with a Playskool product. 

1 minute ago, fenrir72 said:

Don't they inform you that payment is due for like 1 week in advance?(varies per store)

They do but I've forgotten a couple times on other orders. It infuriates me when it happens, lol. I laugh because it's funny how emotional we all can get over toys. I get really pissed at the moment then after I think about it, nbd. 

18 minutes ago, fenrir72 said:

Don't they inform you that payment is due for like 1 week in advance?(varies per store)

They do.  But when your life is wall-to-wall work/full-time caregiver you forget crap... only I didn't type crap.

Edited by Mommar

On 4/20/2018 at 8:03 AM, ZorClone said:

I hope everyone who's getting one ends up happy with it!  I'll patiently wait and hope that they can and will do a TV version.  Or, hopefully...maybe the Kitz Concepts TV version will end up being worthwhile.  At least it will light up, lol.  Yeah, I know it may end up being really tacky depending on how they do it...

Of course it will. ;) It's painted in metallic blue, silver, and red too. :ph34r:

13 hours ago, Mommar said:

...I forgot to pay for my pre-order.

Hey Mommar. Sad to hear about that. Which store did you preorder? Anyways, hope you can still get one at PO discounted price.

13 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

I'm expecting this to be delayed, what with Golden Week starting on the 29th.  

I'm fine with a bit of wait, but I really need this to arrive sometime in May...

Golden Week ends on the first week of May. So you will still get it sometime in May. Though it depends on what shipping method you choose.