Arcadia SDF-1 Movie version 1/3000 reissue

Darotower

Wow... you're still going on about this? Now I don't know who you are or what your background is, but if you really want to believe that you know how I think better than I do... then I can't help you. Our level of understanding is probably way too different and I don't want to waste more time trying to explain it.

Anyway, since you're set on your belief, maybe you should go and tell all those guys who bought a VF-31A for 35k yen or more that they shouldn't think it was "overpriced" either since "they bought it". 

And the next time I buy a can of Coke at a fancy hotel restaurant, knowing that it's 5x more than the price I can get the same exact can of Coke from a grocery store, I'll make sure I remember this conversation. I'm certain it should bring a smile to my face.

Edited by ArchieNov

As far as "overpriced," I get what Loli is saying, that if you pay it, and are ultimately ok with paying it, then it can't be truly  overpriced.  Especially if an item is only going to go up in value, then it is hard to make the "overpriced" argument from an economic standpoint.

But I think I know what Archie is getting at, and that is that this particular release won't feel as "valuable" or "worthwhile" for the cost, when compared to some other Macross purchases.  I've already mentally prepared myself for this; I'm big on accessories (missiles, armor parts, etc.) which this has none of.  Pose-ability is also big for me, and this is limited in that department as well.  So when compared to say, a $250 vf-1 super/strike release, which has tons of both, this will feel like you aren't getting as much for your dollar. 

But I've accepted the price, and can acknowledge that this has different value than most of my other purchases.  In this case, it is mainly nostalgia, and the fact that this is the sort of thing I'd never dream I would own when I was a kid (sort of a grail piece).  

And yeah, I got the payment request from NY as well.  We got a slight bump in USD to JPY in the past week or so, so that helps for those of us in the US that waited until the last minute to pay.

It's funny how everyone is talking about if the price is worth it or not because I bought mine a few months before Arcadia released news about this. When I bought mine it was still extremely rare and $750 later I had one. So is it worth it is always in the eye of the beholder. To me this was a Grail piece so it was worth it.

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm patiently anticipating the invoice not to come. :rolleyes:

Right there with you buddy - if the release is the 28th then I'm biting the bullet on Friday the 27th since I ordered with HLJ.

Price and value are always subjective, there's really no right or wrong on either side of the argument - IMO.

Personally I have purchased expensive things, viewed them as expensive and still very much felt before, during and after the purchase that those "things" were overpriced. I just decided that the feeling of, or perception of reduced value (getting less for more, less quality, less accessories, less "whatever" for more money) wasn't enough to turn me off from the purchase because it was something that I wanted that much. And I live with those decisions and move right along. To be honest I felt that way about the original Yamato SDF-1, but I wanted it in my collection (at the time).

-b.

5 hours ago, Scyla said:

For me an item is overprices when I take it out of the package and feel disappointed. :)

Now that's a perspective that's understandable. But if you know you're going to be disappointed before even getting the item, why spend the money? :)

Like I said, there's a lot of meaningless fluff.

Hello, well for those of you that have received or are going to receive either version of the Arcadia SDF, I PM’d Yeti about working on a better, more dynamic stand than the one offered in the box. He thinks he might be able to cobble something together, which I will help by providing measurements. Me, I ordered the premium version b/c who cares...so, once I receive it I will be sending measurements, pics, etc to Yeti to work on the stand. If anyone is interested and wants to help with measurements for Yeti that would be awesome too!!

6 minutes ago, Aye Aye said:

Hello, well for those of you that have received or are going to receive either version of the Arcadia SDF, I PM’d Yeti about working on a better, more dynamic stand than the one offered in the box. He thinks he might be able to cobble something together, which I will help by providing measurements. Me, I ordered the premium version b/c who cares...so, once I receive it I will be sending measurements, pics, etc to Yeti to work on the stand. If anyone is interested and wants to help with measurements for Yeti that would be awesome too!!

Excellent! I was thinking about looking into this once I got mine and would love to help but mine will be shipped by ferry so I'm sure this will all be sorted out by the time I get it. If not, glad to help at that time.

2 hours ago, obakesan said:

bit the bullet on this too, had pre order on NY for the PF version. Pricey, but then so is a new phone every so often, for me, something I never had, and hopefully  nice piece to the collection ;)

This is my thinking too. ^_^

Paid for mine and looking forward to getting it next month. I missed the Yamato release and feel very fortunate to be able to get a re-release. This version might turn into a holy grail piece years down the line and didn't want to miss the chance to get one. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint when I open it. 

Post 1:

Spoiler

【Notice ①】
The shipment date of "Perfect Transformation SDF - 1 MACROSS Premium Finish" has become April 28th - 29th.
Sorry to trouble you, but please contact our company's online shop address by 25th when there is change of arrival designation date / time, address change of addressee etc .. sorry to trouble you sorry to trouble you but sorry to trouble you, but please contact us.

※Continue※

Post 2:

Spoiler

【Notice ②】
Nationwide will be a schedule.
Please understand that it may be changed suddenly due to the influence of customs clearance and the weather.
In addition, we will contact you again when we change.
When shipping products we will contact you separately.
I would like to humbly thank you.

10 minutes ago, Bahamutzyro said:

So it’s delayed?

Arcadia's second post just says that delivery date to people may be impacted by Customs and weather. Oh, and that they will contact individuals when shipments go out, or if any changes occur.

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

5 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I guess those tweets are addressed to the Japanese customers only. Because the ones who can only order directly from their site shop are the locals.

That's what I assumed as well.  Hopefully all the retailers get their shipments without issue.

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I guess those tweets are addressed to the Japanese customers only. Because the ones who can only order directly from their site shop are the locals.

I ordered the SDF-1 directly by proxy. I guess the take away is that I'll know when it ships when FromJapan knows when it ships. 

IOW, nothing changes for me. ;)

Arcadia blog has been updated with behind the scenes info and how theyre doing their best so this comes out perfect. Can wait for this one to come out. They mentioned something about the leg joints not clicking anymore after some adjustment but my Google translate might be off :lol:

https://ameblo.jp/arcadiaac/entry-12369607518.html

Edited by anubis20

34 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

Arcadia blog has been updated with behind the scenes info and how theyre doing their best so this comes out perfect. Can wait for this one to come out. They mentioned something about the leg joints not clicking anymore after some adjustment but my Google translate might be off :lol:

Wow, they are doing paint retouches by hand. 

On the one hand, I am glad that they are catching things in QC and are trying to correct them. On the other hand, part of me wonders if doing this by machine would have been better, for the sake of accuracy and consistency.

Then again, perhaps the variations typically found in hand-applied paint may be minor enough to not be of much notice, and might only be even noticed when trying to compare 2 SDF-1 toys side by side. But really, who out there buys multiple 1/3000 scale SDF-1 toys besides @jenius?

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

1 hour ago, anubis20 said:

Ooo nice!

13 hours ago, F360 said:

me too, used my small N-Y discount coupon for it.  :lol:

man, these 2x copies are going to set us back a bit but looking at the factory images and the labor put in it, this finish is never going to be reprinted.

Edited by davidwhangchoi