Arcadia SDF-1 Movie version 1/3000 reissue

Darotower

4 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I've got a web monitor plugin running, scanning various searches for changes and then emailing me. Works pretty well, and definitely gets faster results than their email.

You still sleep though, right? Because you have to monitor your emails too and be there in front of the computer or smartphone just in case that 'one' thing you really want pops up back. :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

You still sleep though, right? Because you have to monitor your emails too and be there in front of the computer or smartphone just in case that 'one' thing you really want pops up back. :rolleyes:

Being on the west coast helps, but with the web monitor I can usually pick things up off HLJ when someone else cancels. As Hobby Search doesn't like letting people cancel, less luck there aside from the initial pre-order rush and at release.

Nice to hear about the topcoat, I hadn't read up too much on the premium version when it was announced. ^_^ 

I am really glad that I held off on buying the old Yamato releases though.  It's never been a design I really needed to have to display, but the option for a premium one actually pushed me over the edge, just to have it as a sort of centerpiece.

1 minute ago, Chronocidal said:

Nice to hear about the topcoat, I hadn't read up too much on the premium version when it was announced. ^_^ 

I am really glad that I held off on buying the old Yamato releases though.  It's never been a design I really needed to have to display, but the option for a premium one actually pushed me over the edge, just to have it as a sort of centerpiece.

Same here. Can't wait.

Does anyone happen to have a clean, fairly high resolution photo of a Yamato 1/3000 SDF-1 assembly kit box they could send me? I'm hoping to find one that is pretty straight on. I can fix color or whatever, just need a clear image that's not blurry. If you got one, please either just post it here or shoot me a PM. Thanks!

18 hours ago, jenius said:

Does anyone happen to have a clean, fairly high resolution photo of a Yamato 1/3000 SDF-1 assembly kit box they could send me? I'm hoping to find one that is pretty straight on. I can fix color or whatever, just need a clear image that's not blurry. If you got one, please either just post it here or shoot me a PM. Thanks!

Courtesy of Mandrake. Hope it's clear enough.  This is still listed as available in their site if anyone is interested  

IMG_4971.JPG.7448439ce90ffcb214f0baf94b0c8fac.JPG

Edited by SuperDimensionalDave

Wow that looks so good you could convince me it wasn't real and was a photoshopped image. Amazing work!  If Arcadia sees this they may cancel their release of the "Premium Format" Macross out of shame. Oh wait the price tag on that is how much and it's pre-sold out?  Oh yes they still would. But this is what the "premium" should look like for the price tag they've slapped on it imho. 

2 minutes ago, SuperDimensionalDave said:

Wow that looks so good you could convince me it wasn't real and was a photoshopped image. Amazing work!  If Arcadia sees this they may cancel their release of the "Premium Format" Macross out of shame. Oh wait the price tag on that is how much and it's pre-sold out?  Oh yes they still would. But this is what the "premium" should look like for the price tag they've slapped on it imho. 

Eh, as good as that looks (and it does look good), that isn't what I'd want my PF to look like.  I'm not a huge fan of the cell-shaded look.  I think the SDF-1 pulls it off, mainly because it is sort of a dull gray, but I'd still rather have what Arcadia is doing versus a "cell-shaded" sdf-1.

34 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

Eh, as good as that looks (and it does look good), that isn't what I'd want my PF to look like.  I'm not a huge fan of the cell-shaded look.  I think the SDF-1 pulls it off, mainly because it is sort of a dull gray, but I'd still rather have what Arcadia is doing versus a "cell-shaded" sdf-1.

I agree on the overly cell shaded finish, although fantastic looking it's not my style. I was more referencing the level of detail/effort put into the finish. The paint shades and gradations. For the price tag on Arcadias PF I personally feel like you should be getting more.  That said their use of glow in dark paint apps is brilliant and something I'm working on adding to my regular release. 

I love the cell shaded look for figures that orginate from cell shaded media. I want an entire collection of Macross and TFs painted by LEK. But the problem is, I also want an entire collection of the regular look too and right now, those are much cheaper. I'm sure one day, companies will once again reissue everything with the cell shaded look from factory and the fun will start all over again.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

The only thing I really want for them to add on the Premium Format release is a lit-up painted and detailed 'Macross City'.

Well, they're replacing all the stickers, so at least they'll be painting in the backdrop behind the city.

If they actually throw some paint apps on the buildings themselves though... That'd be awesome.

23 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Well, they're replacing all the stickers, so at least they'll be painting in the backdrop behind the city.

If they actually throw some paint apps on the buildings themselves though... That'd be awesome.

Oh. There was a 'backdrop' sticker that came with the figure? That's good to know.

21 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

There was, but it doesn't fit. :angry: It's the big dark L-shaped one.

I see. Guess we just have to paint ourselves then if it's not comes prepainted. I guess for Y53784 that's still too much to ask for Arcadia to paint it, right? <_<

Just now, no3Ljm said:

I see. Guess we just have to paint ourselves then if it's not comes prepainted. I guess for Y53784 that's still too much to ask for Arcadia to paint it, right? <_<

Oh, I have no doubt it'll be painted in the premium version.

I'm just ticked the sticker they gave for the normal version doesn't fit.