Arcadia SDF-1 Movie version 1/3000 reissue

Darotower

10 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

We are in agreement that the city needs to have paint apps (beyond the glow in the dark) as a checkbox to substantiate the Premium label.

-b.

I hope so, B. I hope so. :rolleyes:

Btw, did anyone try to tweet/asked about that to Mr.K? 

Just got mine from amz-jp.

Quite a first as in...

Seems like amz-jp took a page from amz-us packing:  Good size box, with just a bare, single paper to act like an afterthought. No padding/protection.  Arcadia box is corner-dinged, as expected.  :sigh:

Seems like DHL also had to open the amz-box for customs inspection or something.

On the Arcadia box... not a flip-top.

Can't find my regular camera for any pics, but here's a crappy phone-pic...

6CUAXsll.jpg

6 hours ago, treatment said:

Just got mine from amz-jp.

Quite a first as in...

Seems like amz-jp took a page from amz-us packing:  Good size box, with just a bare, single paper to act like an afterthought. No padding/protection.  Arcadia box is corner-dinged, as expected.  :sigh:

Seems like DHL also had to open the amz-box for customs inspection or something.

On the Arcadia box... not a flip-top.

*snip*

Sorry to hear about the dings in the corner. Btw, how's the thickness of the box? Is it the same as what they used on their VF-1 releases?

Mine arrived yesterday.

I missed the original release years ago, so this is my first.

I am really impressed, it is a beautiful toy even if its not the premium version, which I pre-ordered as well.

Figured I may sell the original when the premium version arrived, but I’ll probably keep both since these are so cool.

BF680FCA-4CAB-4B4A-B850-FE2D811D495D.jpeg

B32A924F-4D5D-45F5-AF6D-82FFC9A6C6BD.jpeg

Edited by RoadWarriorMax

43 minutes ago, RoadWarriorMax said:

Mine arrived yesterday.

I missed the original release years ago, so this is my first.

I am really impressed, it is a beautiful toy even if its not the premium version, which I pre-ordered as well.

Figured I may sell the original when the premium version arrived, but I’ll probably keep both since these are so cool.

BF680FCA-4CAB-4B4A-B850-FE2D811D495D.jpeg

B32A924F-4D5D-45F5-AF6D-82FFC9A6C6BD.jpeg

You don't have it transformed right. the center block should go down and then lock.

13 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

You have more willpower than me, I picked mine up from the post office this morning and couldn't resist opening the shipping box in my trunk.

It's tough, but I easily understand the urge. ;) This is my first sdf - missed on the first release and secondary market was just insane. It feel just like when I got the vf-4g.

Looking forward to x-mas morning... 

How bad is it to plug in the ARMD platforms this time around?  I understand they were legendarily brutal the first time around.

I see those sprues.  How long am I probably going to be sitting around with sprue cutters and squinting at instructions to get things assembled?

43 minutes ago, GabrielV said:

How bad is it to plug in the ARMD platforms this time around?  I understand they were legendarily brutal the first time around.

I see those sprues.  How long am I probably going to be sitting around with sprue cutters and squinting at instructions to get things assembled?

It was not bad nor brutal at all.

It was rather easy on mine.   Just angled in and push.

I don't have the original to compare, tho.

6 hours ago, Mommar said:

One for each mode!

Haha that is a good idea!!

@VF-18S Hornet thanks for the reply on the previous post.  I figured out the transorm on youtube.  The instructions were a little vague.

The ARMD platforms weren’t extremely hard to attach, but weren’t super easy either.  

I was a little concerned I might break something if I pushed too hard.

I vaguely remember hearing how hard the ARMD platforms were to attach on the first release.

Once again this thing is a beauty, and glad I finally purchased it., looking forward to the premium finish!!

Edited by RoadWarriorMax

Going to ask this again since the regular version seems to be getting into people's hands:

What are people's recommendations for display cases/shelves for this thing?  I have a detolf, but I think it would only fit in "storm attack" mode with the guns down(my detolf is almost full, anyhow).  I'm looking for something to display this thing in both modes in multiple poses.  What would people recommend for something like that?  I'm open to shelves or cases, preferably something that will have extra space for other figures.  I have the premium version preordered and currently no place to display it.

1 hour ago, HardlyNever said:

Going to ask this again since the regular version seems to be getting into people's hands:

What are people's recommendations for display cases/shelves for this thing?  I have a detolf, but I think it would only fit in "storm attack" mode with the guns down(my detolf is almost full, anyhow).  I'm looking for something to display this thing in both modes in multiple poses.  What would people recommend for something like that?  I'm open to shelves or cases, preferably something that will have extra space for other figures.  I have the premium version preordered and currently no place to display it.

If you only have Detolf's. How many do you have? If you have 2 or more, maybe you can display it on top in Cruiser Mode?

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

If you only have Detolf's. How many do you have? If you have 2 or more, maybe you can display it on top in Cruiser Mode?

Just 1 right now.  Putting something that expensive that high up with no protection makes me nervous...  I think I'll keep looking, but I'll keep that in mind.

3 hours ago, GabrielV said:
22 hours ago, VF-18S Hornet said:

You don't have it transformed right. the center block should go down and then lock.

I think it's that the chest thrusters haven't been pulled up.

I see what you are saying.

I lifted the chest thrusters up.

But I noticed that it does not feel ‘locked’ in that position, just a minor amount of pressure and it falls down.  Is there something to lock it in place better?

Gabriel - badass pic

11 minutes ago, RoadWarriorMax said:

I see what you are saying.

I lifted the chest thrusters up.

But I noticed that it does not feel ‘locked’ in that position, just a minor amount of pressure and it falls down.  Is there something to lock it in place better?

There's a switch you flip to unlock the center torso and the thrusters.  After rotating the center torso into place and lifting the thrusters, flip the switch back to the original position to lock things in position.

7 hours ago, GabrielV said:

Earlier I spent time cutting sprues and pegging in tiny little pieces.  So you're damn right I'm going to spam this pic in this thread too.

38853947402_a0b8cdc959_c.jpg

Is there some assembling to be done too?

As a friendly reminder from someone who glued all the little pegs in, wasn't there a way to fairly easily take apart the shoulders on the Yamato release BEFORE you glue the covers in place and flip something around where the rail cannons would point STRAIGHT ahead in cruiser mode? I seem to remember this being a thing on the 1st release. I glued mine in before someone figured out the fix sadly...so I 've good not straight rail guns for life.:mellow:

On 12/7/2017 at 10:44 PM, derex3592 said:

As a friendly reminder from someone who glued all the little pegs in, wasn't there a way to fairly easily take apart the shoulders on the Yamato release BEFORE you glue the covers in place and flip something around where the rail cannons would point STRAIGHT ahead in cruiser mode? I seem to remember this being a thing on the 1st release. I glued mine in before someone figured out the fix sadly...so I 've good not straight rail guns for life.:mellow:

Link please! I haven't received mine yet so need to be prepared!