Arcadia SDF-1 Movie version 1/3000 reissue

Darotower

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Slight difference from Yamato's dimension which is 49.3 x 36.6 x 14.3 cm / 1730g.

Jenius, I remember from your Yamato review that the packaging wasn't nice for a Y30000 collectible. Seeing Arcadia's dimension now, do you think they're still using the same type of box?

Looks the same to me:

DN6tQBXUEAEh1_c.jpg:large

From Arcadia's tweet a few posts ago.

Edited by wmkjr

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Slight difference from Yamato's dimension which is 49.3 x 36.6 x 14.3 cm / 1730g.

Jenius, I remember from your Yamato review that the packaging wasn't nice for a Y30000 collectible. Seeing Arcadia's dimension now, do you think they're still using the same type of box?

So far Arcadia has generally improved in Yamato packaging so I hope it is but not enough to go on yet.

3 hours ago, wmkjr said:

Looks the same to me:

DN6tQBXUEAEh1_c.jpg:large

From Arcadia's tweet a few posts ago.

2 hours ago, jenius said:

So far Arcadia has generally improved in Yamato packaging so I hope it is but not enough to go on yet.

I see. As long that the figure inside is well-secured, then I guess I'm ok with it. Because I'm expecting the same size and box built for their Premium Finish version only in black. ^_^ 

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I see. As long that the figure inside is well-secured, then I guess I'm ok with it. Because I'm expecting the same size and box built for their Premium Finish version only in black. ^_^ 

Well, the fact that the weight is 90g heavier at least points to some refinements in the design (more metal, thicker plastic, or more accessories?)

11 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Well, the fact that the weight is 90g heavier at least points to some refinements in the design (more metal, thicker plastic, or more accessories?)

I don't think they will add refinements into it. Because if they did, they already posted it on their blog the way they informed customers regarding updates on their releases. It's either they changed the material stock on their packaging. Or they added a flip up lid.

I know this is long shot, but I’m hoping Arcadia goes a little bit further with the Premium and put luminescent paint apps on Macross City as well. Just something to break that monochrome look.

On 11/30/2017 at 7:16 AM, Pedro2k6 said:

FB_IMG_1511997303537.jpg

5 minutes ago, brouken said:

I know this is long shot, but I’m hoping Arcadia goes a little bit further with the Premium and put luminescent paint apps on Macross City as well. Just something to break that monochrome look.

Considering it's almost an extra $300, close to double the base cost, it better be frakking amazing.

4 hours ago, F360 said:

Surprised to see that this re-opened. And is still open as I type this response.

If anyone is on the fence, don't wait. I (kind of) regret not getting the Premium Hikaru 1S when I had the chance.

-b.

59 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Surprised to see that this re-opened. And is still open as I type this response.

If anyone is on the fence, don't wait. I (kind of) regret not getting the Premium Hikaru 1S when I had the chance.

-b.

Is there any difference between the premium version and regular other than the painting? Does the premium have more  metal? Why is it so much more expensive? Thanks, 

6 minutes ago, Nonrenormalizable said:

Is there any difference between the premium version and regular other than the painting? Does the premium have more  metal? Why is it so much more expensive? Thanks, 

Hey - pretty sure that structurally the two releases are identical, so no 'extra' metal parts or joints or anything like that.

The only difference will be the amount of paint and decal application.

OR

What Sanity is Optional just said. :D

-b. 

35 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Don't say "just."  Painting something that complex takes a lot of time. 

So it is just the paint lol :lol:

p.s. don’t tell me what to do :p

Edited by spacemanoeuvres

42 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Don't say "just."  Painting something that complex takes a lot of time. 

As it relates to the original question - "Is there any difference between the premium version and regular other than the painting? Does the premium have more  metal? Why is it so much more expensive? " the answer is just paint.

7 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

So it is just the paint lol :lol:

p.s. don’t tell me what to do :p

:lol:

All jokes aside, I think everyone who ordered the Premium (including me) is very hopeful that Arcadia puts in all of the time and effort needed in order to validate the asking price. So 'just' as a relative term, I hope that the final product is worthy of the differentiation. 

-b.

1 hour ago, Kanedas Bike said:

All jokes aside, I think everyone who ordered the Premium (including me) is very hopeful that Arcadia puts in all of the time and effort needed in order to validate the asking price. So 'just' as a relative term, I hope that the final product is worthy of the differentiation. 

-b.

I've got one pre-ordered through NY, and I'm hoping they applied some to the city in the leg, because it would be awesome.

Hope they add details to it to the Macross City. Because if you think about it, the Premium Finish is already painted and sprayed with topcoat as per Arcadia's description. So if ever one wants to customized the City if ever it comes unpainted, then it will be hard to dissassemble it and paint it inside. <_<