Arcadia SDF-1 Movie version 1/3000 reissue

Darotower

5 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Correction. MW way is always to have three. One to open and display. One to keep it MISB. And one for swooshing. If you don't want that. One for Fighter. One for Gerwalk. One for Battroid. ^_^

I know. I know. You might say SDF-1 only have two modes. Cruiser and Attack mode. That's true. :rolleyes: 

But it won't hurt to try and do this on your third. ;)

DD1eAeBUIAEYL0V.jpg.1db2725c046e4a6142c6ec26f4b9ec76.jpg

Yeah, it goes with out saying that's what I meant, but for both versions...so 6 SDF-1's in total! ;)

58 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Correction. MW way is always to have three. One to open and display. One to keep it MISB. And one for swooshing.

Hold on a minute there....I thought it was 1 to open/display/swoosh...in others words to actually enjoy...1 to keep MISB...and 1 just in case????  :unknw:

....don't think the Arcadia/Yamato SDF-1 can do the "gerwalk" mode.....if it could I would have posed it next to the original inspiration...

gallery_12176_600_141049.jpg

13 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Both HLJ and Hobby Search seem to be sold out of pre-orders for the standard version now.

This popularity gives me hope for a TV version.

If and hopefully it becomes "When" Arcadia decides to make a 1/3000 scale TV SDF-1. it will be the first Arcadia Macross toy to sell out on PO night. There is some serious desire for that version! (myself included!) 

1 hour ago, 505thAirborne said:

If and hopefully it becomes "When" Arcadia decides to make a 1/3000 scale TV SDF-1. it will be the first Arcadia Macross toy to sell out on PO night. There is some serious desire for that version! (myself included!) 

I'd like to believe so, but the TV series isn't as popular in Japan, and also there will be people (myself included) waiting for the premium version.

Plus I think they decide production volume based on presales to a certain extent.

• 1 month later...

the PF is still sometime next year. The standard should be releasing soon, tho now am not sure if that black box art is for the premium or the standard. It might be for the standard as some are reporting.

btw...the PF glow application looks good, tho its out of my price range.

Edited by seti88

2 hours ago, seti88 said:

tho now am not sure if that black box art is for the premium or the standard. It might be for the standard as some are reporting.

Just erase all pics of the SDF-1 on the cover and put "Premium Finish" in its place then that'll be the PF version boxart.

As the release approaches, does anyone have recommendations for display cases/shelves for this thing?  I've got a detolf, but I don't think it will fit in there, even in "storm attack" mode (it might squeeze in, but I don't have the space anyhow). 

I'd like something that could accommodate both modes for display, if possible. 

8 hours ago, wmkjr said:

Just erase all pics of the SDF-1 on the cover and put "Premium Finish" in its place then that'll be the PF version boxart.

Yea they would probably do that wouldnt they? I would like to see them re-use the standard box with the sdf pic and then maybe slap on some glow in the dark Premium FInish...... text... :lol:

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 6:56 PM, Sanity is Optional said:

Both HLJ and Hobby Search seem to be sold out of pre-orders for the standard version now.

This popularity gives me hope for a TV version.

I am about to cancel my order for the regular version since the pre-order for the premium version came up and I got it. PM or e-mail me your e-mail address, and I'll let you you know when you should get onto HLJ.

16 minutes ago, VF-18S Hornet said:

I am about to cancel my order for the regular version since the pre-order for the premium version came up and I got it. PM or e-mail me your e-mail address, and I'll let you you know when you should get onto HLJ.

I may actually sell my normal version when the Premium ships, since I can't cancel it (through Hobby Search).

I just knew they were sold out as I keep a web-alert on the pages for Macross/Arcadia stuff up so I can know when new things are available.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I may actually sell my normal version when the Premium ships, since I can't cancel it (through Hobby Search).

I just knew they were sold out as I keep a web-alert on the pages for Macross/Arcadia stuff up so I can know when new things are available.

oh you already have pre-ordered it.

23 hours ago, brouken said:

Nice! I hope they put on very durable top-coating on the final figure. I'd hate for any of the luminescent paint to get scratched.

Indeed. Given the amount of force needed to snap on the ARMDs, I'm hoping that my fingers won't accidentally rub off some of this $200 paint. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2017 at 9:45 AM, Sanity is Optional said:

Even NY is sold out, I think you're stuck waiting to see if HLJ or someone else stocks extra.

Thanks.  I will keep an eye on these 2.  It's been awhile since I bought any Macross pieces and this is one I really want.

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Package Size/Weight: 49.0 x 36.5 x 14.2 cm / 1820g

That's a big box. (19.3 x 14.4 x 5.6 in / 4lbs)

9 minutes ago, jenius said:

Ooh hope it processed soon! 

Slight difference from Yamato's dimension which is 49.3 x 36.6 x 14.3 cm / 1730g.

Jenius, I remember from your Yamato review that the packaging wasn't nice for a Y30000 collectible. Seeing Arcadia's dimension now, do you think they're still using the same type of box?