Arcadia SDF-1 Movie version 1/3000 reissue

Darotower

54 minutes ago, gingaio said:

LOL. Not sure how one 'accidentally' preorders two of these things.

Anyhoo, I didn't see the limit-1-per-customer warning at HLJ. Maybe I missed something? 

Its in the item description in the shopping cart and also if you try to change the quantity it only has 1.

Screen Shot 2017-08-22 at 9.06.03 PM.png

Edited by Saburo

1 hour ago, chyll2 said:

if someone want to follow Noel and do it yourself your own Premium Finish SDF? will there be available markings and glow in the dark stickers available?

If I remember correctly, some of the forumer confirmed that the glow in the dark sticker is supplied with the package.

Can anyone re-confirm? 32,580 at NY is a steal... can buy two... lol

13 minutes ago, erizai said:

If I remember correctly, some of the forumer confirmed that the glow in the dark sticker is supplied with the package.

The glow in the dark stickers only came with the Yamato SDF-1 assembly kit and not the completed version. 

Arcadia might include them with their reissue, but I've heard nothing about it and wouldn't count on it. 

13 minutes ago, erizai said:

IIRC ,only the assembly kit had those glow in the dark stickers.  the completed toy did not.

29 minutes ago, erizai said:

only the Assembly kit had it before (along with the water slide decals). If arcadia will just be re-releasing the Yamato complete toy, then packaging and all will be the same (so no water slide decals or glow in the dark stickers)

From NY, it's 62680 Yen w/ EMS shipping included (to California). That's a touch more than HLJ without shipping (61005 Yen), and it's hard to say what HLJ's going to charge for EMS (I'm guessing the final difference will be between $50-75). 

That said, I know as soon as I preorder with NY, Bandai's going to announce its own SDF-1 or its DX VF-1 or something else I'd rather have. Because that's how my luck usually runs. And I don't know how easy it is to cancel preorders with NY. So I'll stick with HLJ for now. 

Edited by gingaio

Ordered with NY as well! Requested for cancellation of my order of the regular finish and they immediately did so. :-)

Of course this means that I won't get the SDF-1 until mid next year. :-(

24 minutes ago, chyll2 said:

The proxy service will charge you for domestic shipping (at minimum, I usually get charged for 800 yen for a DX toy).

Arcadia site says shipping is free. My quote from From Japan indicated domestic shipping would cost 400 JY which is a little strange. 

At any rate, From Japan is the cheapest option (only 300 JY in fees using basic plan) at around $550-555 shipped. That's assuming 5900 JY for EMS. 

The only issue is you have to pay up front and can not cancel. 

Still too spendy 

Edited by spacemanoeuvres

I decided to go with fromjapan and use my points. The fees and shipping costs will come later, and that's a-okay.

With regard to domestic shipping, I found an FAQ entry on auctions. It seems it might be relevant to store purchases too.

Even if an auction listing indicates free domestic shipping, it may be limited to methods which do not include tracking such as nonstandard mail (定形外) and mail post (メール便). 

When placing your bid, if you select our Buyer Protection Plan, or "a safer, insured domestic shipping method" as your preferred domestic shipping method, we will ask the seller to provide an insured shipping method with tracking. Insured shipping methods with tracking may incur additional shipping costs, and are added to your Charge 2 payment. 

If you wish to have your items sent via free domestic shipping provide by the seller, please make sure that the "safer, insured domestic shipping method" box is not selected when placing your bid. Additionally, auctions covered by our Buyer Protection Plan will be shipped with a shipping method with tracking whenever possible.

On something as expensive as the PF SDF-1, I seriously doubt that Arcadia would skimp on tracking and insurance, but I guess it is worth knowing that FJ will upgrade the free domestic shipping at their discretion. The only way to avoid it completely is to opt for their basic plan, which has no insurance (and no customer benefits).

If FJ introduced that buyer protection plan before, I would have availed it and avoided getting banned from their services (by claiming Paypal protection). For something as expensive as SDF-1 PF, you would not want to lose your protection in case something bad happen. Again, it is your call/decision.

Snagged one at ny as well. HLJ suspended my account though due to policy violation? I ordered 2 from them but nowhere on the page or order specified 1 limit per customer. I just emailed them let them know. They are starting to irritate me anyway. Everything that put on their site is always more expensive then ny or other places so I never really use them.

Pre-ordered my premium finish from NY. Normally I would go with HLJ because I can save on shipping with multiple orders. But the NY price different was to good to pass up and I can pay them later when it is released. I have been saving my quicksilver rewards cash for awhile and have finally decided what I am using it for. 

1 hour ago, chyll2 said:

If FJ introduced that buyer protection plan before, I would have availed it and avoided getting banned from their services (by claiming Paypal protection). For something as expensive as SDF-1 PF, you would not want to lose your protection in case something bad happen. Again, it is your call/decision.

Oh, definitely. I went with buyer protection myself and I'll be using EMS or FedEx when shipping day rolls around.

Given the way the new fees work, I think the basic plan is only worth it for cheap items (maybe $25 or less) and I can't see myself using FJ for the small stuff. 

The only concern I have with NY is the shipping boxes they use. The last order I got from them the box was too tight so there was no room for when the box gets thrown around. I ended up with several bent corners on my last item because of it. Now with that said, the pricing is better than HLJ's by a lot. I think the Yamato SDF-1 I have came from NY years ago and the box was fine so there's that.